It was interesting hearing a Palace fan on 606 yesterday saying it was time for Dowie to go... he''s lost the dressing room... they can''t defend, midfield is non-existent... and if it wasn''t for AJ they would be in real trouble.

It''s amazing to think that Palace and Norwich are both in very similar positions, and only one point apart in the table now. Soton aren''t that much better off.

Question: should Palace sack Dowie? And by the same token, should Norwich sack Worthy? Hey, we could swap managers!

For me, this, and today''s result, just underlines how bizarre this whole debate really is... after just 10 games played.

6 points from the last 9... maybe we''re just starting to get into gear....

If it weren''t for AJ they WOULD be in trouble.  We''ll see what they are made of now he is out for a while with a knee injury. We have depth up front and with the addition of Lisbie, we shouldn''t worry too much.

It''s no coincidence that all 3 relegated clubs are finding it hard to adjust to this league, we have all lost key players and are just starting to gel.  As I have said before, quality will shine through and I am sure we will be celebrating come May.

OTBC

It just goes to show how long it takes to adjust to this division. Dowie in my book is a very good manager and they should stick with him for a while, just as we should with worthy.
It''s all about time, and fans tend to be very quick at wanting change.

Ironic isn''t it!?  I''m damn sure if Palace and Norwich sacked their managers tomorrow a lot of Norwich fans would be calling for Dowie to come in!  We''re not the only one''s who have found it tough this season

Yes.......but one reason why many people said "Stick by Worthy" and presumably "Stick by Dowie" was that they had immediate experience of this league. There should be no need to adjust, the core of our team have played in this league last season or the one before and both the manager and teh coaching staff should remember it well.

"We know how to get out of this league" they all said.

Well, isn''t it interesting to find that the team with least experience of this league are doing better than those two who do. It goes to show that this "experience" thing is a pile of rubbish. Just like it was last year (we didn''t get the points because we were our own worst enemies at times) and West Ham and Wigan are showing that to be true.

Yes.......but one reason why many people said "Stick by Worthy" and presumably "Stick by Dowie" was that they had immediate experience of this league. There should be no need to adjust, the core of our team have played in this league last season or the one before and both the manager and teh coaching staff should remember it well.

"We know how to get out of this league" they all said.

Well, isn''t it interesting to find that the team with least experience of this league are doing better than those two who do. It goes to show that this "experience" thing is a pile of rubbish. Just like it was last year (we didn''t get the points because we were our own worst enemies at times) and West Ham and Wigan are showing that to be true.

I''m not sure that many people have said ''stick by Worthington because he has experience of this league''. I think it was mostly that he is our manager. Despite a poor start things aren''t that bad and shouting for his sacking was a no more than a silly over reaction.

I can''t see how yanyone can form any definite arguments on the basis of the current positions of the six new clubs in this division. One coming up and one coming down are doing better than other two coming up and coming down.

If there is any conclusions to be drawn it is that the two clear leaders at the moment are two clubs that have been there or there abouts in the play offs for the past few seasons. THAT could be put down to experience (coupled with the necessary money), which therefore suggests that making and sustaining a serious challenge is a long term project rather than an automatic right acquired by relegated clubs - or over optimistic fans.

The only other conclusion I can draw is that every club has it''s ''Dad''s Army'' type fans. Not only the eternal pessimists who will forever decry that " we''re doomed, doomed I tell ya " to the others who at the slightest setback will run around crying " don''t panic, don''t panic " whilst all the time panicking like over exited geese.

On reading many of these offerings I''ve often felt the most suitable reply would be that of Cpt Mainwaring to Pike

" You stupid, boy "

For many the most suitable reply would be that of Cpt Mainwaring

I am dismayed by the uninformed protests heard on these boards and indeed Palace boards that will post that the managers have lost the dressing room.  Uninformed doom and gloom IMO.  The lads in both camps seem to iterate respect for their managers when interviewed, and are surely well enough versed in their trades to realise that no manager however accommodating will please every player with his decisions all of the time.  The captain of the ship must play men in form to their strengths and the crew must follow the instructions and formulae given if there is to be.  The Captain of the ship will see to it that the correct message gets across in the training sessions wether or not the crew will put it int practice is another thing. 

I believe Mad Dan that you have it about right in your thoughts expressing the foolishness of some for asking for the sacking of the manager.  It seems that some supporters are misinformed if they think that we have either the derogative or the wherewithal to have our pick of management material presently available.

Why are they available? is the Question, surely they have not completed successfully their previous contracts.  Mr Moureno(excuse the spelling) did not come cheaply to Chelsea nor would T Venables come cheaply to Norwich City and would men of their calibre be ready to work with the sort of financial limitations they can expect to encounter in our run of the mill outfits.  Indeed would these people be able to perform any better given those limitations. We are IMO far wiser to keep with the manager we have with all his mistakes, and hope that his learning curve is as rapid as possible.  With the wisdom he gains, and we have contributed financially to it, during his time with us, surely it makes sense to benefit from his learning.

I promised that would not post here again until I saw City win again in the league. I am an away season ticket holder... enough said.  

The fact that Palace want Dowie out is laughable and shows how fickle us fans can be.

NW will pull the situation round here (Watford 2nd half and Ipswich prove that). We have the best squad of players in the division and now NW appear to have discovered the formation to exploit our talents effectively.

IMO the fans calling for the head of the manager still have the bright lights of the Premiership in their eyes. Nothing wrong with that we must put in the hard work "below decks". The competitive nature of this league has taken a few by surprise. It was never going to be easy.   

Actually MadDan I was thinking of the close season where we were more united in our belief that Worthy must stay.  I remember a Radio 5 interview where Michael Wyn-Jones was asked about the future of Worthington, and this was one of the points he made. At the start of the season we were made favourites by many, for various reasons, but one of them was that we had got out this league under this management team only recently.

We had 9 seasons of "experience in this league" and that counted for nothing until Nigel put together a superb side in 03/04. My point is that its a misnomer and doesn''t exist.

they should not sack Dowie! That would ensure there stay in this division, adjusting to the champ takes time, sometimes a season or two, its not just the managers fault.

Perhaps they would have benifited if they had sold AJ, it seems all they do is play it to him and hope for a wondergoal.