Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Where are the British?

I thought the boy Webber said they wanted to have a blend of British and German coaches on the bench so that the British ones can familiarise the German ones with the ins and outs of Championship football.

With the departures of Kiely and FrankieFats there are no senior coaches with Championship experience. This is risky and flies in the face of what the boy Webber himself recommended. So where are they?

An all-German coaching set-up with no Championship experience and with no British advice to listen to could mean that the team falls 10-15% short in matches. That could be telling come the end of the season.

[quote user="Big Vince"]I thought the boy Webber said they wanted to have a blend of British and German coaches on the bench so that the British ones can familiarise the German ones with the ins and outs of Championship football.

With the departures of Kiely and FrankieFats there are no senior coaches with Championship experience. This is risky and flies in the face of what the boy Webber himself recommended. So where are they?

An all-German coaching set-up with no Championship experience and with no British advice to listen to could mean that the team falls 10-15% short in matches. That could be telling come the end of the season.[/quote]I can''t remember any German coaches sitting on our bench when we beat Bayern Munich, or Dutch when we beat Arnhem

10-15% short you say? Seems very scientific. Can you explain your methology for these calculations?

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"][quote user="Big Vince"]I thought the boy Webber said they wanted to have a blend of British and German coaches on the bench so that the British ones can familiarise the German ones with the ins and outs of Championship football.

An all-German coaching set-up with no Championship experience and with no British advice to listen to could mean that the team falls 10-15% short in matches. That could be telling come the end of the season.[/quote]I can''t remember any German coaches sitting on our bench when we beat Bayern Munich, or Dutch when we beat Arnhem[/quote]

Ah, but the Championship is a special kind of beast that requires intimate knowledge. There are no Bayerns or Vitesses, only blood, guts and thunder. Technical football can be swept aside by an onrushing in-your-face opponent. Farke & Co have no idea what they are in for on a cold, dark, damp, windswept night in the outer yonder.

An all-German coaching set-up with no Championship experience and with no British advice to listen to could mean that the team falls 10-15% short in matches. That could be telling come the end of the season. 
Shame they have been coaching in the German Championship. And they will probably be unable to understand the advice they get from the crowd so that will give us another 27.4% so we will be well ahead.

Ah, but the Championship is a special kind of beast that requires

intimate knowledge. There are no Bayerns or Vitesses, only blood, guts

and thunder. Technical football can be swept aside by an onrushing

in-your-face opponent. Farke & Co have no idea what they are in for

on a cold, dark, damp, windswept night in the outer yonder.
They could meet you looming out of the mist

"Where are the British?"

It''s not the relief of Mafekin just the day to day running of a Championship football club we are talking about here.

You could ask the same question when faced with a list of Premier League managers.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]An all-German coaching set-up with no Championship experience and with no British advice to listen to could mean that the team falls 10-15% short in matches. That could be telling come the end of the season. 
Shame they have been coaching in the German Championship. And they will probably be unable to understand the advice they get from the crowd so that will give us another 27.4% so we will be well ahead.
[/quote]If the crowd is as usual the word Farke (or similar) will be heard quite regularly

[quote user="Big Vince"]Farke & Co have no idea what they are in for on a cold, dark, damp, windswept night in the outer yonder.[/quote]Probably you hiding in the dark with a large bucket of the offal you keep spouting, ready to throw at them with the exclamation "Pig Mince doesn''t think you''re up to the job of handling the ''blood, guts and thunder'' football we play at this level, Pig Mince recommends you mince off back to Germany so we can appoint someone far less talented - but who''s British"...

[quote user="Big Vince"] Ah, but the Championship is a special kind of beast that requires intimate knowledge. There are no Bayerns or Vitesses, only blood, guts and thunder. Technical football can be swept aside by an onrushing in-your-face opponent. Farke & Co have no idea what they are in for on a cold, dark, damp, windswept night in the outer yonder.[/quote]If only there was somone in the set up, I dunno possibly a Director of Football or a Club Captain that have experience of the Championship that the other coaches could seek advice from.If only.................

[quote user="Big Vince"]An all-German coaching set-up with no Championship experience and with no British advice to listen to could mean that the team falls 10-15% short in matches. That could be telling come the end of the season.[/quote]
We had an all British coaching set up last season and how far exactly did that "British advice" get us? Maybe the fact we''re going for an all German set up will give us an extra 10-15% and we''ll rinse the league.
It''s a ridiculous post anyway, but the 10-15% less due to a lack of "British advice" is possibly one of the weirdest bits of conjecture I''ve ever seen. Bravo Vince, you''ve outdone yourself.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]10-15% short you say? Seems very scientific. Can you explain your methology for these calculations?[/quote]

Methology? Yes, he probably has been on the Meths 🙄🙄🙄

Those cold ,dark,wet winter nights did not do Huddersfield and their backroom staff much harm last season Big Vince and of course remember who their boss was.

[quote user="Big Vince"]I thought the boy Webber said they wanted to have a blend of British and German coaches on the bench so that the British ones can familiarise the German ones with the ins and outs of Championship football.

An all-German coaching set-up with no Championship experience and with no British advice to listen to could mean that the team falls 10-15% short in matches. That could be telling come the end of the season.[/quote]All coaches from the country of the world champions is that a bad thing? Why do they need knowledge of the Championship ffs, surely all they need to do is pick a team to beat the opposition., and please name mer a current top successful British coach. We are in transition and for once pre-season I am excited and looking forward to it hopefully it will be both exciting and different.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Neyul to make a comeback?[/quote]

I have no problem with that, he was a good coach just not cut out to be manager of the first team. I''d prefer him to Frankie.

Neil Adams is one if not the best youth coach / manager we have ever had we won the FA youth cup under him unheard of a club our size in the modern game

Believe it or not, they also have the occasional ''cold, dark, damp, windswept night in the outer yonder'' in Germany as well.Keep up with the digs Vinny lad, maybe your next post could be headlined "For How Much Longer Will We Have A Sub-Standard Training Ground"?Lots of potential there for you.

[quote user="Morgan"]If we all ignored him, he might go away. But we don''t and he won''t[/quote][Y]

It seems that it''s possible for foreigners to find out about The Championship, another Big Vince theory debunked.From Marcel Franke:The towering centre back did his homework on the second tier before

swapping Greuther Fürth for Daniel Farke’s revolution at Carrow Road.

“Yes, I know what to expect. I have a couple of friends who

played in the Championship the last couple of years, at Brentford, and

they said it is a hard league to play in,” said the 24-year-old, who has

made a swift return to Germany this week for the Canaries’ pre-season

tour. “To be playing 46 games, and more with the FA Cup and so on, I

have to try this experience.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Believe it or not, they also have the occasional ''cold, dark, damp, windswept night in the outer yonder'' in Germany as well.Keep up with the digs Vinny lad, maybe your next post could be headlined "For How Much Longer Will We Have A Sub-Standard Training Ground"?Lots of potential there for you.

[/quote]

You don''t need me to tell you that.

The boy Bowkett stated as much before he got so fed up with Delia that had to make a point of getting tongues wagging by resigning days after being re-elected.