Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

More news to come from Germany......

Ron,

Who are fcuk are you to tell me what my opinion is based upon? I don''t rate Tettey, never have. There is nothing more to it than that. Please don''t imply otherwise.

You''re perfectly entitled to your opinion. Just don''t pretend it''s based on anything that''s related to reality.

So Alex Tettey, who completed the most passes in the team last season (1176) with an 82% pass accuracy (the squad highest was Graham Dorrans with 86%) cannot pass a ball ten yards? Ok....

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Tootingyellow"]The man is an international footballer than cannot pass to someone ten yards away. It''s a complete joke.[/quote]What''s a complete joke is that you claim the man who''s maintained the highest overall passing success rate in the team since we signed him 5 years ago, apparently can''t actually pass!What''s even more ridiculous is that the majority of Tettey''s passes ARE to people ten yards away, and yet despite this you want to sling mud at a very committed player who has had far more good games for us than bad.I agree that he''s slowing down a bit and that he might not really suit the new system Farke is implementing, but I don''t know how you dare slander the guy with your completely made up bull$hit!!![/quote]
^^^^^ This. It''s confirmation bias, isn''t it Indy? He looks for the first Tettey pass that goes astray in any given match and he points in an agitated manner to everybody around him shouting "There it is! See!!? The guy can''t pass for toffee" and he''s too busy looking for that one mistake to notice the fifteen successful passes he made beforehand or the fifteen he makes subsequently before the next one that goes astray. When somebody has already made their mind up they only see the examples that confirm it and don''t take a more balanced view anymore.

[quote user="Tootingyellow"]Get over yourself. I don''t rate the bloke, never have. You do. Good luck to you. You''re entitled to your opinion as am I.[/quote]That''s the difference, yours is an opinion, mine is a fact.You''re perfectly entitled to share the opinion that you don''t rate a player, but when you pick something out that is phenomenally easy to disprove and makes a mockery of your opinion, you can''t handle someone pointing out that your opinion is a joke.Think you''re the only that needs to get over yourself, but being fair this is probably just another Waveney troll account, or another closet binner who just wants to stir $hit, so I won''t waste any more time responding to you past this, as you are either blind, deluded or on a wind up.

Tettey always plays his part a bargain at about £2m years ago. He has his flaws particularly when he played in the PL where he had good games but also many poor ones. Still a good contributor at championship level but probably only can play about half the games. Pound for pound he has been far better value than many we have signed over the past 4 seasons or so

"Lets be ''avin you!"So Alex Tettey, who completed the most passes in the team last season (1176) with an 82% pass accuracy (the squad highest was Graham Dorrans with 86%) cannot pass a ball ten yards? Ok....

oh dearoh dearie dear meyou cannot be basing anything on that worthless nonsensejust how far has football sunk that it has attracted this twaddle ?

Tettey is a strange one for me. I''d happily have him on board for the new season as at this level he is still a quality player. That being said if he were to leave I wouldn''t be bothered by it. For several seasons now I don''t believe we have moved the ball fast enough in the midfield and he has been part of that.

Tettey is a lovely bloke as you can see every time he is interviewed, with a genuinely good natured character that comes across in everything he does.  He gives it all on the pitch and isn''t afraid to get hurt or go in hard to a tackle - quick and a good DM - and he has something to offer us still imo. Where he has always been slightly mis-used imo, is that instead of making him stay as a disciplined DM, he has been allowed to wander around the pitch too much.  Now whether it was the player himself or the managers not utilising him well enough, I''m not sure, but imo if Tettey is restricted to sitting in front of the back four, mopping up and helping the defence, he could still have a very important part to play in the new regime.   Defensively we need to be better, so a DM that sits, rather than wanders, would be good to see.  Tettey''s strengths are breaking up play and passing the ball to someone who can take the ball on. Doing that is effective and sensible tactics imo. He was interviewed last season and said something along the lines that he likes to get forwards to join in the attack, but that should have been drummed out of him (imo [:)] ).

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"]"Lets be ''avin you!"So Alex Tettey, who completed the most passes in the team last season (1176) with an 82% pass accuracy (the squad highest was Graham Dorrans with 86%) cannot pass a ball ten yards? Ok....

oh dearoh dearie dear meyou cannot be basing anything on that worthless nonsensejust how far has football sunk that it has attracted this twaddle ?[/quote]

So statistics are suddenly twaddle in your eyes? Whilst statistics obviously never tell the whole story, my use of them here was to dispute the claim that Tettey ''cannot pass a ball ten yards'', which is a ridiculous claim.

If you do not think that statistics play a vital part of football analysis then you are very much mistaken, or perhaps you simply do not understand ''worthless nonsense''.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Tootingyellow"]The man is an international footballer than cannot pass to someone ten yards away. It''s a complete joke.[/quote]What''s a complete joke is that you claim the man who''s maintained the highest overall passing success rate in the team since we signed him 5 years ago, apparently can''t actually pass!What''s even more ridiculous is that the majority of Tettey''s passes ARE to people ten yards away, and yet despite this you want to sling mud at a very committed player who has had far more good games for us than bad.I agree that he''s slowing down a bit and that he might not really suit the new system Farke is implementing, but I don''t know how you dare slander the guy with your completely made up bull$hit!!![/quote]
^^^^^ This. It''s confirmation bias, isn''t it Indy? He looks for the first Tettey pass that goes astray in any given match and he points in an agitated manner to everybody around him shouting "There it is! See!!? The guy can''t pass for toffee" and he''s too busy looking for that one mistake to notice the fifteen successful passes he made beforehand or the fifteen he makes subsequently before the next one that goes astray. When somebody has already made their mind up they only see the examples that confirm it and don''t take a more balanced view anymore.
[/quote]
I''m with you two. It''s like all those penalties The Doc gave away....
Chip... are you still ok to make the selections on Rays Funds for the Fulham game? 

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"]"Lets be ''avin you!"So Alex Tettey, who completed the most passes in the team last season (1176) with an 82% pass accuracy (the squad highest was Graham Dorrans with 86%) cannot pass a ball ten yards? Ok....

oh dearoh dearie dear meyou cannot be basing anything on that worthless nonsensejust how far has football sunk that it has attracted this twaddle ?[/quote]
Don''t know, I suggest you ask the major European clubs that spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on first getting, and then working with data exactly like the stuff you''ve just classed as worthless nonsense.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Barnacle Bill"]"Lets be ''avin you!"So Alex Tettey, who completed the most passes in the team last season (1176) with an 82% pass accuracy (the squad highest was Graham Dorrans with 86%) cannot pass a ball ten yards? Ok....

Don''t know, I suggest you ask the major European clubs that spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on first getting, and then working with data exactly like the stuff you''ve just classed as worthless nonsense.
[/quote]

Precisely, unfortunately some people just do not understand.

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]Getting back to the subject on hand - which unfortunately was hijacked by TY - has anyone heard any more rumours about another potential German import?[/quote]

"We may have arrived back here earlier but there''s more from Germany heading your way in the coming days!"

I interpret that as "We still have more tour footage we haven''t shown you yet"