Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

More news to come from Germany......

On clubs twitter feed ;-"we may have returned back here earlier, but there''s more from Germany heading your way in the coming days! "Could it be Leistner is signing ? wow that would be the signing of the summer for me!

I saw this. Are people reading too much into that tweet.

Supposedly Leistner played for Union yesterday.

I think it''s the fact they put a wink face emoji after the more news bit that is making people think a new signing.

Modern football ey?

Interesting, not seen anything on newsnow feed only what appears to be a possible... and I stress possible interest (as even the source doesn''t seem to know) in Marvin Zeegelaar again.

Don''t think there''s really anything in that but you never know lol

Don''t think another CB would hurt thought if we favour three at the back.

Did I read somewhere that Leistner could also play DM? Could be useful.

I certainly read that as further (presumably definite) signings.

It would be a bit annoying if it was just the kit man catching a later bus back.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@Dorset CanaryDid I read somewhere that Leistner could also play DM? Could be useful.

True, comfortable at CB, RB, or DM[:D][/quote]After reading Paddy D''s bit about Tettey it is an area we could do with strengthening.

Tbf Tettey doesn''t need back up, Tettey needs to be back up. With are brand of possession football Tettey doesn''t really fit in. Have you seen him control or pass a ball 😃

I take your point Move Klose - but at least part of the trouble was that we did not always move into positions to make it easy for him to make a simple pass and keep the ball moving.

I took it to mean more video content...but with Webber and the board over there I guess it would make sense that they could have been mixing transfer work into their time out there!

i think it will be a striker and we need one more CB

but i think a fast quick striker is needed to change things upfront

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]On clubs twitter feed ;-"we may have returned back here earlier, but there''s more from Germany heading your way in the coming days! "Could it be Leistner is signing ? wow that would be the signing of the summer for me![/quote]

Don''t mean to be negative but he''s a German second division defender who has never played at the top level. He may well be decent but not sure why people are so excited over this possible signing?

I don''t think that he would be an absolute world beater for us, but certainly think that he is a good, physical defender who was played an important part of a Union team that performed well last year. Need to be careful with the price however, reports suggesting a bid of £3.1 million rejected and I wouldn''t pay much more than that.

I still think it''ll be a signing. The social media guys surely knew when they published the tweet that it would be seen by fans as a new signing, and could have easily reworded it to avoid potentially annoying people (like, "more features from Germany heading your way...").

Well, Inside Futbol are saying it wont be Hanno Behrens, as hes been made  the team Captain and also all set to sign a new contract and pledge his future to his club.If its a signing, it may well be someone  not mentioned before, completely off the radar. As Leistner has just turned out for Union Berlin, ive my doubts its him to.

Probably just the new goalkeeping coach!!

Having said that it''s a pretty poorly thought out message to put out if not a signing. I expect Webber to be pretty shrewd wit this type of thing.

Jim Smith wrote:

Don''t mean to be negative but he''s a German second division defender who has never played at the top level. He may well be decent but not sure why people are so excited over this possible signing?

But that is negative. There are many many players in the UK and across the world who play in the lower reaches of their respective countries and haven''t played at a higher level until they come here. If we sign the young centre back from Lincoln we are interested in, would you say the same? He was in. On league football two seasons ago and has never played at the highest level! Does the fact Leistner is German and plays at level 2 make any difference? They all have to start somewhere!

For me it is all about getting a balanced squad in the lambert mold with their best years ahead of them and hungry to succeed. Having some foreign imports could easily fit this model as too could lower league players. That said the German championship is a very high standard compatible to our league and at the moment they seem to represent far better value the murphy transfer highlights this attracting a bid of £300 000 a year ago and £12.5 m a year later after one good season

The man is an international footballer than cannot pass to someone ten yards away. It''s a complete joke. He is clumsy, liable to give away unnecessary free-kicks in key areas, he has the touch of a brick wall and the passing ability of the blind. He would have been one of the first our of the door this summer if it were up to me. I just cannot understand what people see in him. All about opinions I suppose.

Tootingyellow: no it is not just about opinions, it''s also about fact. None of your beliefs have any foundation in any sort of reality. This is because

a) the evidence of my own eyes. I have seen him play badly. Overall about 2-5% of his appearances.

b) the stats provided by objective assessment sites, e.g. opta

c)The opinion of successive managers.

You don''t like him. Fair enough. But don''t claim your opinion is bases on anything but a pile of prejudice, for whatever reason that may be.

[quote user="Tootingyellow"]The man is an international footballer than cannot pass to someone ten yards away. It''s a complete joke.[/quote]What''s a complete joke is that you claim the man who''s maintained the highest overall passing success rate in the team since we signed him 5 years ago, apparently can''t actually pass!What''s even more ridiculous is that the majority of Tettey''s passes ARE to people ten yards away, and yet despite this you want to sling mud at a very committed player who has had far more good games for us than bad.I agree that he''s slowing down a bit and that he might not really suit the new system Farke is implementing, but I don''t know how you dare slander the guy with your completely made up bull$hit!!!