Sign in to follow this  
breaker

Gambling on City's success?

This suggestion may not get very far (if it doesn''t that''s fine) but, the odds for Norwich to gain automatic promotion at the moment must be pretty good (I don''t know cos I don''t bet generally) so I wondered if any other posters to this forum would consider putting their money where their mouths are by chipping in say £5 to one pot so a bet could be placed with any winnings going to charity? I work for a Norfolk-based children''s charity but of course there are lots of other good causes. If 10 people each put in a fiver at, say, 12-1 that would be £600 come May!If we fail to win automatic promotion we are only losing a fiver each (will probably spend far more on drowning my sorrows)

Just a thought (that would also prove our belief in all things yellow and green).

What do the moderators think?

With Paddy Power, we are currently 7th favourite to gain automatic promotion - the odds are 11 to 1. After yesterday, they are probably as good as their going to get. In fact if you look at our next 8 league fixtures, which are all quite winable and we could easily be in the top 6 by the 1st of November, it could be argued that that 11 to 1 is a bit of a steal. 

Of the 6 teams above us in the betting, only Sheff Utd have shown anything like consistant form and quite honestly we shouldn''t have anything to fear about the other 5 - providing we can now pick things up and put a string of results together.However, based on what we''ve seen so far, it would be a brave man to go plunging in too heavily.

Obviously the bookies still feel we''ve got a good chance of promotion or the odds would be much higher now. Interesting to see that Ipswich are 50 to 1 - anyone fancy their chances ?

FYI, the full odds are as follows -

Sheffield Utd 12 - 5 Luton 22 - 1
Wolves 6 - 1 Watford 25 - 1
Crystal Palace 7 - 1

Robbo & Making Plans For.... - still not sure whether you would be willing to contirbute financially? Thanks for the betting info MPF. I guess we need to act fairly quickly if there is the desire.................?

[quote]Robbo & Making Plans For.... - still not sure whether you would be willing to contirbute financially? Thanks for the betting info MPF. I guess we need to act fairly quickly if there is the desire....[/quote]

Hi Breaker

Sorry but I''m a reformed gambler so I can''t help you but good luck should you get any other interested punters.