Sign in to follow this  
Crispy

'Prudence with ambition'

I feel sorry for you, NN.😋😋😋

Enjoy your chips, I''m sure the board will cope whilst you''re away..

Consecutive seasons wouldn''t be 16 either as it''s 2002/03 to 2017/18, just a thought hey?

You go and enjoy your fish and chips but mind you don''t choke on any bones now!

And if you''re throwing in Leeds , have you a crystal ball as they have only just been taken over and we don''t know how that will turn out yet do we?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 22/07/2017 8:01 PM:

I can see your problem baldy. But when you run out of fingers you do have toes too. Try that way buddy...

Top tip, and obviously the way NN works out his IQ.

BB - "And if you''re throwing in Leeds , have you a crystal ball as they have

only just been taken over and we don''t know how that will turn out yet

do we?

"Surely he''s allowed to take into account all the failed ones before the current one though? Risdale, Bates, GFH Capital, Cellino - or do you only count successful takeovers? that together with 13 years outside the Premier league - not a great advert for the "rich strangers model." If I were a Leeds fan, I''d also be a bit worried that Radrizzani has bought the ground - not through Leeds United by a separate company, Greenfield Investment Pte Ltd.

Amazing how the same people keep arguing on threads.

Because we don''t all buy into the current owners doesn''t make us binners!

I can''t wait to see the club move forward and stop watching small teams like Brighton & Bournemouth past our standing because we don''t encourage or even listen to potential changes at owner level.

It''s always a gamble like any player or manager, but st see us start to stagnate after 4 seasons in the premiership is not a great advert for our owners, even Stones comments of not moving forward has to be laid at the clubs owners! Doesn''t it?

Hell I''ve accepted the future of this great club, and I''m bored with football being all about the money not the fans, but that''s modern football, so if we''re content on season after season playing championship football and selling the likes of Murphy, Maddison and Pritchard to balance next years books then great, you''ll love our current owners.

Just imagine the potential with a modern football structure, with Webber & Farke with decent money, there''s no reason we couldn''t look to a bright top flight future.......

So the only thing we can do is go into this season hoping we do a Huddersfield on a budget after pushing away 50 million by backing an over rated Scottish manager.

Indy when did we sell Maddison and Pritchard then as i appeared to have missed something about next years books that you mentioned ?

Next season Til like I said, without promotion we''ll need to finance the wages of Naismith & Jarvis again.

Next season matey.

Good points Indy, and I totally agree.

I would have said that the days of everything falling into place and teams gelling together to achieve success are over, and not achievable, and large investment is needed to be successful, but Leicester have proved that wrong to a point, although I doubt that will be repeated.

[quote user="Indy"]Amazing how the same people keep arguing on threads.

Because we don''t all buy into the current owners doesn''t make us binners!

I can''t wait to see the club move forward and stop watching small teams like Brighton & Bournemouth past our standing because we don''t encourage or even listen to potential changes at owner level.

It''s always a gamble like any player or manager, but st see us start to stagnate after 4 seasons in the premiership is not a great advert for our owners, even Stones comments of not moving forward has to be laid at the clubs owners! Doesn''t it?

Hell I''ve accepted the future of this great club, and I''m bored with football being all about the money not the fans, but that''s modern football, so if we''re content on season after season playing championship football and selling the likes of Murphy, Maddison and Pritchard to balance next years books then great, you''ll love our current owners.

Just imagine the potential with a modern football structure, with Webber & Farke with decent money, there''s no reason we couldn''t look to a bright top flight future.......

So the only thing we can do is go into this season hoping we do a Huddersfield on a budget after pushing away 50 million by backing an over rated Scottish manager.[/quote]I don''t know who has accused you of being a "binner" Indy - I haven''t seen it! It''s just that you seem a little impatient for success to support a club our size. We have gone up and down for most of my supporting years - it''s not new. And it''s the same for most clubs.I just don''t think that you have made a case for selling the club to outsiders who see the club as an investment and seek to make a profit from it. [:^)]

Over the forty years Badger I''ve had the pleasure of Bond years, seasons of top flight football, then Chase years of European football, I''ve had the pleasure of nearly winning the Premiership.....yes there''s been years of relegation too, but from late 70''s to early 90''s we had more years of top flight football, 18 seasons with a few relegations then promotions, but 18 seasons.....

Football has moved on its now that those fans who stood by my side back then are accepting that we are just a second division team now! I don''t our history shows us to be and we can be an established top flight club!

Just my opinion Badger Matey, I don''t blame the owners of where football has gone but it''s a money driven business.

From the top of my head the sides around us in the top division 70s to 90s included Forest, Leeds, ipswich, QPR, Coventry, Birmingham, Derby....
We have been in PL 4 years of the last 6 and only QPR have similar claims. And they''re not tearing up the champs to get back. Not only that but those clubs have had investment and all have richer owners. So why aren''t they established in the PL? And which of the current PL clubs should make way for them just because they have past history of top flight football and rich owners.

You can carry on with your view Nutty, I''m not in the same camp. That''s why I''ve stopped going.

Just because it hasn''t worked for other clubs at least they moved on.

Treading water and having to sell the better players to balance the books is heading towards the latter days of Chase & Sutton.

There that''s my view and after 22 years of Delia & her clan I''m ready for a fresh start and change, what''s wrong with that?

For the mathematically and folically challenged....thank the lord I only suffer with one such affliction....

02/03

03/04

04/05

05/06

06/07

07/08

08/09

09/10

10/11

11/12

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

That seems to be 16 seasons.

As you were. 🤔🙄

I really don''t think there''s anything wrong with the view "it might work and it might not but I''m bored of these owners". It''s certainly a personal view that can''t be argued with but it''s the first time I''ve heard it on this thread.

[quote user="Indy"]You can carry on with your view Nutty, I''m not in the same camp. That''s why I''ve stopped going.

Just because it hasn''t worked for other clubs at least they moved on.

Treading water and having to sell the better players to balance the books is heading towards the latter days of Chase & Sutton.

There that''s my view and after 22 years of Delia & her clan I''m ready for a fresh start and change, what''s wrong with that?[/quote]

Nothing Indy.

I don''t half wish you''d join a golf forum though.

Have you been doing the dishes after the chips Duncan?

Glad you could join us!

As you were

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]For the mathematically and folically challenged....thank the lord I only suffer with one such affliction....

02/03

03/04

04/05

05/06

06/07

07/08

08/09

09/10

10/11

11/12

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

That seems to be 16 seasons.

As you were. 🤔🙄[/quote]

What are you on about? What''s this season list?

[quote user="Greavsy"]Have you been doing the dishes after the chips Duncan?

Glad you could join us!

As you were

.[/quote]

Dishes with chips?

Tory.

Well I''m sure you two must know what the hell you''re talking about but I don''t have a clue, but my 18 seasons boys referenced the number of seasons in the top flight since 1976 to 1996 when our current owners took over!

But you carry on.

Sorry big Duncan, forgot and didn''t do irony.

Oh I''m happy to be called most things, but a tory is below the belt Other people, I believe have been banned for less.

You making things up again Nutty, never said anything of the sort of being bored of the owners! Stop deflecting tripe which hasn''t been said.

It''s really funny that you complained about posters jumping into threads and making them unpleasant yet you are doing it again, I really think someone should help you.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 22/07/2017 9:32 PM:

🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔

From the bloke who just left to go and have chips.

Is it time for Duncans bedtime story yet?

If it was time for this little pup to go to sleep I''d just read a back catalogue of your posts. Got to feel for the poor redundant sheep though..