Sign in to follow this  
Crispy

'Prudence with ambition'

Nutty , enlighten me as to what you refer to as a jump of Baldyboy proportions? Have you ever seen me jump?

I wish you''d use the quote facility baldy. I didnt say anything about you jumping. Thinking about it you''re a wee bit portly to jump very far.

In the article in The Times the owners stated they didn''t want to sell to foreigners the same as they talked about there being too much obscene money in the Premier League, the kind they were happy to accept for the likes of Olsson, Brady and now Jacob!

I dont know how to use the quote thing nor do I care and you said that''s a jump of Baldyboy proportions or are you now going to deny you put that?

The anti Delia troll brigade would be a little more credible if they didn''t want Callum and Fernandes. As they did despite all

the warnings at the time they are a sad pathetic joke as they always have been.

Me? Quite a lot. I like Delia Smith and MWJ, they seem like nice people and they clearly love the club. I mentioned in another post in an ideal world I''d keep it how it is. However football isn''t an ideal world and with the direction the game is going in I don''t believe our current ownership model gives us the best chance of being competitive.

The MWJ comment was at the AGM I believe and was reported by Michael Bailey- tweet as follows...

"Outside investment next. MWJ reiterates they don''t want "foreigners" taking over #ncfc bcs "not many have a good record"... 1/2 #AGM"

[quote user="nutty nigel"]WOW!!! That''s a huge jump Jimbo. An extreme of baldyboy proportions. Where did you see the xenophobic notion that all foreign owners are evil?[/quote]

Ok then Nutty, if you didn''t say jump you said extreme of Baldyboy proportions, what is that exactly?

And as for commenting about my physique, how do you know what I look like as I''ve never met you, or are you some sort of pervy stalker?

T, whose Callum? I would request as per Nutty''s rules if you are going to quote at least do it correctly, I think you mean Cullum or is Callum another foreigner the lovely lady has turned away?

[quote user="king canary"]Me? Quite a lot. I like Delia Smith and MWJ, they seem like nice people and they clearly love the club. I mentioned in another post in an ideal world I''d keep it how it is. However football isn''t an ideal world and with the direction the game is going in I don''t believe our current ownership model gives us the best chance of being competitive.

The MWJ comment was at the AGM I believe and was reported by Michael Bailey- tweet as follows...

"Outside investment next. MWJ reiterates they don''t want "foreigners" taking over #ncfc bcs "not many have a good record"... 1/2 #AGM"[/quote]
I didn''t hear him say that Kingo but I did hear him say something along those lines about Indian and Chinese owners. However I doubt the trust terms will be not to sell to Indian and Chinese owners but I would guess they will include undertakings to carry on the support of the local community.
I get what you''re saying about in an ideal world keeping it how it is. If that was all I liked about it then rolling the dice would be a no brainer. There''d be nothing to lose and if it all went wrong there''d still be football games to see and a team to support. 

This is another reason you can''t have decent debates on here. Because when everyone is getting along just fine the likes of Greavsie jump in and stir the shat. They definitely banned the wrong man...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]When you say risking everything though how many ckubsbof a similar stature to us have actually got into financial difficulties and remain in a worse position than us? Not many to be honest. Even Pompey are now only a league behind us. In our own league maybe Scum and Forest spring to mind. Leeds, Wednesday etc have all had their struggles but will start next season on pretty similar odds to us I would say for promotion.

People keep citing disastrous takeovers but the fact is clubs of our stature don''t tend to go to the wall because they are too big a part of football and their local community and generally get saved somehow. This notion that all foreign owners are evil is not true and frankly is a bit xenophobic.[/quote]Add Coventry for starters. Owners SISU have some kind of bizarre hostage situation going on. Coventry are now down in League 2, don''t own their own ground, and even played a season in Northampton.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Ok then Nutty, if you didn''t say jump you said extreme of Baldyboy proportions, what is that exactly?

And as for commenting about my physique, how do you know what I look like as I''ve never met you, or are you some sort of pervy stalker?[/quote]
Lucky guess I reckon. Tubs[;)]

Has anyone said Blackburn lately? I remember a thread with a poster glorifying the fact that they''d taken over the club without setting foot in Lancashire.

Oh there you are calling me names, how nice!

Also you haven''t yet answered what is meant by a Baldyboy extreme? Is it similar to a Nutty having the answer to everything Norwich City as long as it''s not disparaging about our lovely owners?

Oh and if you are going to quote the article correctly old chap there was no mention of Indian or Chinese! In fact the quote was they will never sell!

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 22/07/2017 7:09 PM:

This is another reason you can''t have decent debates on here. Because when everyone is getting along just fine the likes of Greavsie jump in and stir the shat. They definitely banned the wrong man...

A decent debate, Eddie, oh you mean everyone agreeing with you, you posting responses out of context, and personal put downs of people you''ve never met.

I totally agree they banned the wrong man.

And I quote, you could be next, do be careful!!!!

Muwhahaha.

Oh roll on the start of the season, when we can all discuss the football again.

Baldyboy wrote the following post at 22/07/2017 7:15 PM:

Oh and if you are going to quote the article correctly old chap there was no mention of Indian or Chinese! In fact the quote was they will never sell!

Selective quoting from lord Eddie? Well I never!

[quote user="Greavsy"]Baldyboy wrote the following post at 22/07/2017 7:15 PM:

Selective quoting from lord Eddie? Well I never![/quote]

He''s allowed to apparently Greavsie, but if someone dare quote him incorrectly, well we can''t be having that can we?

Even with a direct quote he would deny it anyway, so I wouldn''t bother baldyboy, he''s not worth the effort.

Far more important things in life than that.

If you don''t agree, youre wrong, that''s not a debate in my book, but oh well.

Well there you go. Sorry Kingo.
Anyway, this established in the PL stuff is another red herring I''m afraid. We have spent 4 of the last 6 seasons in there. This is the consecutive seasons the present twenty have got : -

Arsenal 92

Everton 64

Liverpool 56

Man Utd 43

Tottenham 40

Chelsea 29

Man City 16

--------------------

Stoke 10

WBA 8

Swansea 7

Southampton 6

West Ham 6

Palace 5

Leicester 4

Bournemouth 3

Watford 3

Burnley 2

Newcastle 1

Brighton 1

Huddersfield 1

So which of those is a Baldyboy extreme then Nutty?

You still haven''t answered the question have you?

Sorry Nutty but you''re wrong again, Man City got promoted in 2002 which as this is 2017 by my Maths is 15!

How many others have you got wrong? 😜

[quote user="Greavsy"]Baldyboy wrote the following post at 22/07/2017 7:15 PM:

Selective quoting from lord Eddie? Well I never![/quote]
I think you''ll find Kingo was talking about the AGM? The quote from the times article was : -
They will never sell. “No,”

says Michael. “We can’t on one hand [protest] that football’s being run from

Dubai and Wall Street and then give into it.” 

Didn''t the PL only start in 92-3. I get it there was a top league before then, but it''s only since the PL that the big money and external ownership has existed

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Sorry Nutty but you''re wrong again, Man City got promoted in 2002 which as this is 2017 by my Maths is 15!

How many others have you got wrong? 😜[/quote]
You should add a little more water baldy. 2017/18 is one of the consecutive seasons. 

[quote user="Baldyboy"]So which of those is a Baldyboy extreme then Nutty?

You still haven''t answered the question have you?[/quote]
Just read the thread and it becomes self explanatory.[8-|]
Raving...

Another Nutty dodge of the Question baldyboy, seeing quite a theme here.

Makes you wish someone would use the quote button eh?

Time for fish and chips now.

It''s the likes of Kingo I feel sorry for. I''m a little miffed because it was interesting adding a little depth. But I get that''s not what''s popular. I''m happy either way and at least the viewing figures on this thread have soared.

Would it be a good time to chuck Nottingham forest in. And Leeds...

☺☺