Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Top ten target

Top six on watching some pre season game highlights seems more likely than say a month a go.But these opponents are not hardened championship teams,Brighton should be more of a gauge to where the team is.Top ten is a more realistic aim for the season but I like the way the manager wants us to play,pass and move,closing down quickly and changes formation during games.Can he gell these players into a top two team,no but he will have my backing on the way.

How the mighty have fallen then.

Two summers back and we were investing in players worth millions and looking forward to visiting the likes of Old Trafford and the Emirates.

Last summer we were amongst the favourites for automatics.

Any decline is inevitable if we remain lodged in the second tier for long, but this one seems to have come about in rapid time.

There seems to have been a similar decline in the aspirations of many supporters. I''m not ready for that just yet.

Aim for top six, nothing less.

Klose, Martin, Tettey, Hoolahan, Naismith, Jerome, Reed and (Jarvis) have all Premier league experience. We are happy to keep them all (except) so surely this will count.

The rest and the new boys don''t seem so bad either.

I would hope that the Webber/Farke duo''s ambitions are set higher.

Sorry I have had to come out of retirement to quash this happy clappy rubbish

This is a relegation battle season staying in the championship is as good as its going to get

Unless the German gets sacked early on and replaced by the Messiah

"happy clappy rubbish."

And continually relying upon second-hand expressions to make some kind of mark.

"Happy clappy?" What on earth is that supposed to mean.

Most on here are reasonably intelligent individuals who a capable of realising exactly where the team went wrong last season and even to the extent that that experience might even be viewed upon as a blimp.

Most of us are reasonably intelligent enough to work out that the remedial actions undertaken by the club are sound and promising given the restraints imposed by the degree of

financial mismanagement that had seemingly also been a characteristic of last season''s decline.

Your superficial, repetitive, self-centred and clumsy rants are an insult to us all. They are not even funny, let alone remotely enlightening.

Why do your posts always end up attacking the individual. If you haven''t got anything sensible to say you should remain quiet and leave the serious debate with us the real fans

I can''t see us being in the bottom half, squad will be too good,but this is a rookie coach at this level and will need a good start.

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Sorry I have had to come out of retirement to quash this happy clappy rubbish.[/quote]I suppose a two day hiatus was the best we could hope for really.

As long as we sell no more players and thus keep our experienced guys I''m sure we can make the play-offs.  Farke is doing a great job.

As much as we fans like to think we can make the top two or the top six or want this or want that, I like the manager''s response when asked about how well we might do this season.  Basically, do the best you can, play the way you want to play and see what happens.   If it goes well, we''ll be there or thereabouts, but setting targets is not what is required at the moment. It''s about the process, the way we play and how well the players adapt to the new systems and tactical ideas.  The rewards will come if we get all that right, regardless of any desired for targets. 

Well, we currently have a worse squad than last season when we finished 8th. Doesn''t really matter why. I can''t really see why anyone would expect a better result than that.

I also think people will be expecting the German style this year so we won''t do as well as Huddersfield did using it.

So I''m expecting a similar season to last year - no expectations of promotion though, unlike last year.

Call me a paramedic, some of our fans are so depressing and may pull my eyes out to stop reading these wet blankets!

We needed changes from the soggy pants of a team effort last year - changes made. The management is the key, stood back, seen where we''ve been going wrong and hopefully putting it right with new stronger foundations with a will to win. What more do you want? Premiership journey men added to the team to sit on the bench and spoon feed our money into their retirement pot? I''d rather not.

[quote user="sgncfc"]Well, we currently have a worse squad than last season when we finished 8th. Doesn''t really matter why. I can''t really see why anyone would expect a better result than that.

I also think people will be expecting the German style this year so we won''t do as well as Huddersfield did using it.

So I''m expecting a similar season to last year - no expectations of promotion though, unlike last year.[/quote]We may well have had a better squad but it''s not the better squad that achieves necessarily as a better team will more often than not beat a better squad, especially where Norwich are concerned.  My view is that we will have a much better team than last season, where the team is better than the sum of its parts.  I''m certainly not sure that the defence was better last season anyway. Time will tell.

I think what Paul''s saying is that one we''re free of all those top earners, we''ll be able to negotiate a much stronger position in the league.

I would say having lost 3 of our starting eleven midfielders, but in general having more than enough midfield players to begin with we still have the same team in effect that finished the season a very high scoring team. We are sure to do better in defence, pick up more away points and beat some top six teams. We have trimmed the fat and keeping it lean. Top ten is no problem and we will be in contention for playoffs all season.

I don''t know why we have the same things trotted out every pre season.
It is the toughest league for years. Why? There are always three teams relegated from the Prem and three promoted from L1.
We have a weaker squad. Who says? Seven big earning bench warmers dismissed and Dorrans and Howson, sold on. Vrancic and Reed brought in. Yes Jacob has gone but we still have Josh.
We are just a selling club. Yes, of course we are, we are in the Championship.
Now tonight on the Pink Un match link I read people querying whether Gunn has enough experience. What has that to do with it when we have witnessed too many errors from McGovern.
We start the new season with new players in place and the team getting used to a new, hopefully tactically better than the farce of the last two seasons. Why wouldn''t we expect top six?

I seriously feel there''s something in this squad... Worth top 6 minimum.

The squad seems balanced and moral is lifted, that''s a win win situation.