Sign in to follow this  
If wed only kept Howie..

Brexit Impact on Norwich City

Anybody given much thought to the football side of this?

Assuming that our new manager is a success, along with the recent additions from the German leagues... what happens following a hard Brexit?

Do all foreign players then need to meet the current non-EU rules, i.e. needing permits, having to be a member of a national squad?

What happens to transfer fees? club ownership across borders?

I guess the good thing is that all our rival clubs are in a similar (albeit leaking) boat...

Thoughts?

What''s the difference now between those working in football from an EU country and those from outside the EU?

Very hard to predict as no one really knows what kind of deal will be negotiated.

I imagine the whole work permit system will be completely changed and the FA/Premier League/EFL will probably look to strengthen the existing squad rules which talk about home-grown and non-home-grown players. This could be changed to British/Non-British.

Tougher conditions on EU players could see the rise of South American, African and Asian players who currently find it very hard to get work permits to play in the UK (unless they have due nationality). Coaches etc will be subject to the normal visa restrictions and most won''t have a problem due to being high income individuals.

Can''t see there being any impact on ownership, foreign investors will be even more welcome in the post-Brexit UK.

All in all, I don''t think there will be a massive impact to football. The FA will try to use it as a way of having more English players, the Premier League will still want to be able to bring in the best players from all over the world to enhance their brand. The Prem usually wins out in these fights.

MRW I see there''s another thread discussing Brexit....
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif[/img]

@nutty

For players if you''re from a non EU country you need a work permit. To get one you usually have to have played a certain % of games for your country or be an exceptional young talent. Hence why you don''t see many Brazilian or Argentinian players kicking about in league one or two.

[quote user="king canary"]@nutty

For players if you''re from a non EU country you need a work permit. To get one you usually have to have played a certain % of games for your country or be an exceptional young talent. Hence why you don''t see many Brazilian or Argentinian players kicking about in league one or two.[/quote]what happens following a hard Brexit?as much a concern as what happens following our relegation into the Conferenceor maybe how would we allocate tickets for a Champions League Final ?