Sign in to follow this  

This is a real morale dilemma

A truly worthy charity doing brilliant work have just announced a sponsorship deal with that lot down the A140

It is one of the charity''s that I support locally but am I even tenuously supporting the binners by supporting them

Having considered, my support for this charity is stronger than my dislike for that lot so will continen

That said I still won''t spend money in a coop because the sponsor a stand in their hole of a ground

EACH is an amazing charity, and football rivalaries cant be allowed to detract from that, 1p5wich are what they are, and adding the EACH logo to the back of their shirts doesnt change a thing about my view on them.

[quote user="The Bin Slayer"]This is a real morale dilemma

A truly worthy charity doing brilliant work have just announced a sponsorship deal with that lot down the A140

It is one of the charity''s that I support locally but am I even tenuously supporting the binners by supporting them

Having considered, my support for this charity is stronger than my dislike for that lot so will continen

That said I still won''t spend money in a coop because the sponsor a stand in their hole of a ground[/quote]Each are not ''sponsoring'' 1p5wich, they are using them for publicity.By continuing your support for EACH you are endorsing the realisation that the only thing the Binners are good for is a bit of free advertising. [:D]

EACH is a great charity, I went to Quidenham several years ago on their open day to see their facilities and they do a fantastic job.

Respect to Ipswich for having their name on their shirts. If fans want the EACH logo put on bought shirts they are charging then £2:50, with all the money going to charity so its a win win for EACH, free advertising and extra funds

[quote user="daly"]What a childish post

Its for charity for gods sake[/quote]Ipswich Towncharity moneywhat could possibly go wrong

If we were approached, and we may well have been, after all Delia is an ambassador, mind you so is Frankel the wonder horse, it would have been somewhat of a dilemma given we have the CSF. That said, given the connection with Delia you would have thought we could have been creative in ensuring it was us who lent their support.

Still an incredibly worthy cause well worth supporting, whoever displays their name.

Some things transcend football rivalries...

And I think that backing a charity that supports children with life threatening illnesses is most certainly one of those things.

I hope EACH benefit from the arrangement, and if the football club receive some goodwill on the back of it then it''s nothing but deserved.

With the new flagship £10m. EACH hospice due to be built less than five miles from Carrow Road it would have been nice to have seen NCFC involvement in this. Wonder if approaches were made?

It certainly would have been nice to have EACH on the back of our shirts. Credit to the banners for this one where credit is due. Let''s hope that something can be arranged like this by us for future seasons.

I was about to say that it''s not that long ago that we had EACH on the front of our shirts. But I guess it is because it was the Tranmere game in 2009 when EACH were awarded Aviva''s shirt sponsorship for a game. The whole day was about EACH including bucket collections. It was a rubbish day weather wise but one of my favourite Carrow Road days and thanks to Norwich and Aviva a lot of money was raised. I was lucky enough top be one of Aviva''s guests for the day and it was amazing.
EACH is one of the most worthy charities that I know of. They were our charity partner at Bayer Club for ten years and we raised over £47,000 just through people giving a little back while enjoying themselves. (Much the same principle as Rays Funds.) The biggest disappointment of that club closing was the end of the fund raising for EACH. We can do a little as individuals but nothing like we could as a community. In fact when we decided to direct Rays Funds to a charity, because the academy had become so well funded, some people suggested EACH because many PUPs supported the Bayer Club initiatives too. But in the end we all decided, with the help of David McNally and Ricky Martin, that we''d support the CSF. 
The difference between EACH and the CSF is huge when you''re involved. EACH is a heartbreaker. It pays to visit to resolve your determination to raise the money but I have never left there not in tears. You will see for yourselves the facilities that you are supporting. Some joyful things but also the heartbreaking reality of things like a room specially designed for parents to spend time with their still born babies. I am a firm believer that these hospices should be totally funded through our taxes and not have to rely on the good will of individuals and communities. But of course everybody knows that people will dig deep for things like this whereas some things government money gets spent on wouldn''t have the same support if left to charity. In contrast he CSF is joyful. I have never left an activity without a smile on my face. But they too make a huge difference in peoples lives but in a different way.
At Bayer Club we had one charity partner. Except in exceptional circumstances we would not raise money for anything but EACH. This meant that our members were really up for it. The current total of money raised became a focal point. Could we raise more than the previous years? Everyone was on board pushing in the same direction. And that''s why I like our football club having one charity partner. But well done to the binners for this initiative. EACH has always seemed to me more Suffolk based than Norfolk. The Norfolk Hospice is at Quidenham, the history is interesting http://journals.rcni.com/doi/pdfplus/10.7748/paed.10.5.24.s20 as I remember it only later joined with Ipswich and Milton to form EACH. I remember their were once kittens born in one of the sheds and it was kept quiet lest the Nuns have them done away with[:O]