Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Yanic scores!

Think Yanic wasn''t really given too much of a chance - was signed when injured, which is always tricky; there''s a decent player in there if we can tap it . Both he and Naisy will feel they have something to prove this season, which will hopefully be to our advantage.

[quote user="Darth Canary1"]Playing well, all very controlled[/quote]

Better than Jacob Murphy in all respects , strength, pace and finishing give the guy a chance. Mark my word we won''t miss Jacob

[quote user="Darth Canary1"]Playing well, all very controlled[/quote]

Better than Jacob Murphy in all respects , strength, pace and finishing give the guy a chance. Mark my word we won''t miss Jacob

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Think Yanic wasn''t really given too much of a chance - was signed when injured, which is always tricky; there''s a decent player in there if we can tap it . Both he and Naisy will feel they have something to prove this season, which will hopefully be to our advantage.[/quote]

/\ This.... /\

DF not happy with first half. Seems to look on pre-season as time to embed tactical discipline & concentration into the players. Which is nice.

Still think this could be a surprisingly good season; melding traditional Norwich love of good football with some ruthless Cherman efficiency & intelligence could pay huge dividends.

I wait with breath abated!

Sounds like Farke was not a happy bunny at h/t:
“Yes, I was (angry). I don’t go too deep with it. We are working together four weeks and sometimes you don’t always reach the level,” he said. “We spoke a lot about my ideas and philosophy but sometimes after a first half like that you have a reminder about the basics. You can’t win just with philosophy. You have to run, you have to fight and be concentrated. As a coach sometimes you are content that there is some sloppiness you can work on.
“I don’t want the guys to be too self-confident but we will speak about negative things in the coming days. We were not in the fighting mode you need to be in. I won’t speak about individuals but for sure there are things we could improve and we will work on.”

[quote user="hogesar"]WE''RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!![/quote][:D][Y][B] I can''t find a single thing to be negative about and I''m genuinely looking forward to a season the first time since Lambert departed [Y]If I had the mindset of a Remaniac, I''d be forecasting a bottom half finish [:|]

[quote user="tired"]Sounds like Farke was not a happy bunny at h/t:
“Yes, I was (angry). I don’t go too deep with it. We are working together four weeks and sometimes you don’t always reach the level,” he said. “We spoke a lot about my ideas and philosophy but sometimes after a first half like that you have a reminder about the basics. You can’t win just with philosophy. You have to run, you have to fight and be concentrated. As a coach sometimes you are content that there is some sloppiness you can work on.
“I don’t want the guys to be too self-confident but we will speak about negative things in the coming days. We were not in the fighting mode you need to be in. I won’t speak about individuals but for sure there are things we could improve and we will work on.”
[/quote]I think it''s safe to say we''re loving the cut of Farke''s jib [:D][Y]The hardest task he has is to instill that German tactical intelligence into our British contingent, especially Martin & Hoolahan and of course the youngsters, and chocks away! [Y]

Almost more impressive than the potential of the players recruited, Farke seems to have woven some mis-shapen assets into things we can use.

Naismith in his striker/ ball winning midfielder role, Josh Murphy into an inside forward, and somehow Wildschut into a potentially decent wing-back.

Optimistic.

Good to hear, Mason.

I guess if Yanic comes good, his fee will suddenly become 3-4 million (+ add ons) on here. If he doesn''t, we can keep to 7mill :-)

There is no reason that Yanick shouldn''t come good. He came here with a decent reputation and had put in a few match winning displays prior to his arrival at Carrow Road ..... one notable display was apparently against the binmen according to the Daily Norwich.

The main bitch concerned the supposed fee and the fact that Neil had spent money really needed for the defence unwisely.

His lack of impact didn''t help his cause.

Let''s hope that we have a more than decent player on our hands who will fill the Murphy gap with ease.

Yanic is fantastic at one-on-ones, he completed more dribbles than anyone else in the Championship last year and this is almost certainly what attracted Norwich (and Derby). Being able to beat a player is a crucial skill in beating teams that sit deep and try to absorb pressure.

The problem with Yanic is that once he has beaten his man he doesn''t often produce much. He doesn''t take many shots so he doesn''t score a lot of goals, his crossing is wayward and he picks up few ''key passes'' or assists.

If Farke can get some kind of end product out of Yanic and improve his decision making, he could potentially be a great player in the Championship. I''m not holding my breath on that though as Wigan and Boro both felt the same but neither could get any great improvement out of him. Potential to be a great impact sub though, and is a willing runner so might be able to switch to wing back and end product won''t be so important.

Reminds me a little bit of Nathan Redmond, very good at beating a player one on one but stuggled a bit more delivering the end product, whether a goal or an assist (obviously Redmond was a lot younger and still developing as a player).

Hopefully if he gets more of a look in and can regain some of the confidence he had at Wigan then he could be a decent player for us. As mentioned before, Farke seems to think he could play as a wing back, which could be very interesting.

Redmond had the joint 3rd highest number of assists in the Championship in his last season at that level. He had no problem with his outputs at all.

Even at Wigan Wildschut wasn''t really producing much, so it will mean some big changes to his game. As a squad player he is fine in the Championship, but I don''t expect him to tear up trees this season.