Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Lafferty - Goals and counting.

Must be a shock to the system so far. Lafferty on 4 goals already this season. Scottish football suits him. Maybe he can get the winner against Peterhead...On other notes. C''mon the Clyde!

Here''s an idea: Maybe we didn''t play him as he is a nob-head? Im sure he will score 15+ in Scotchland. Good luck to him

[quote user="nu_matik"]Here''s an idea: Maybe we didn''t play him as he is a nob-head? Im sure he will score 15+ in Scotchland. Good luck to him[/quote]I have firsthand knowledge that Neil didn''t like him so he rarely fielded him -- As Lafferty was and is a proven goal scorer, doesn''t that make Neil the d*ckhead? I prefer to label them both d*ckheads for not sorting out their differences for the sake of NCFC and I''m delighted the pair of them among others who didn''t want to be here are gone [Y]

His goals for Hearts have come against Peterhead, East Fife and Elgin...pretty much the same scoring pattern as with his highly touted international record.Apples

Never really given a chance for us, but regardless he never was/will be a prolific scorer at championship level. Seemingly Scottish football is his actual level, so good luck to him.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]His goals for Hearts have come against Peterhead, East Fife and Elgin...pretty much the same scoring pattern as with his highly touted international record.Apples[/quote]The Elgin ground is directly opposite one of my clients over in, unsurpisingly, Elgin! It''s a proper old ground, but akin to something like The Walks in Kings Lynn. I walked right in there and had a good look around.

Lafferty played on the left under Adams, to start with.   For Rangers he played mostly.....on the left.  His ability on the ball and lack of ability with his head suits a wide position and he might have done better to concentrate on that in his career than hanker after a striker''s role.  For the first few games under Adams he looked a good bet in that position, running at defenders and feisty in the tackle.

Not good enough in this league as striker; definitely not good enough in this league as a wide player.

oh god this is going to be like RvW all over again.

Facts are that he was not good enough here, with a record of not being able to perform against good sides / defenders. We are well shot of him, am not interested in his subsequent career enough to need a regular update.

Even if he does spectacularly well it wont make the right decision to let me leave now a wrong one.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Lafferty played on the left under Adams, to start with.   For Rangers he played mostly.....on the left.  His ability on the ball and lack of ability with his head suits a wide position and he might have done better to concentrate on that in his career than hanker after a striker''s role.  For the first few games under Adams he looked a good bet in that position, running at defenders and feisty in the tackle. [/quote]How would he have managed to displace Dorrans from that left side role though?PS, is there anyone we have/had that you don''t think is a good left winger/left mid???

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]Lafferty played on the left under Adams, to start with.   For Rangers he played mostly.....on the left.  His ability on the ball and lack of ability with his head suits a wide position and he might have done better to concentrate on that in his career than hanker after a striker''s role.  For the first few games under Adams he looked a good bet in that position, running at defenders and feisty in the tackle. [/quote]How would he have managed to displace Dorrans from that left side role though?PS, is there anyone we have/had that you don''t think is a good left winger/left mid???[/quote]
Huckerby, probably [:D]

Dorrans has way more skill than Bradley Johnson and Johnson spent nearly the whole season wide left. And Dorrans started at West Brom as a wide left player, but don''t let reality get in the way of your mocking. :-)

You''re the one suggesting Lafferty was mis-used and should have been on the left LDC, I''m pointing out that you already had Dorrans down for that role if the likes of Murphy were unavailable, so where would Lafferty have fitted in? 4th or 5th choice left mid/left wing perhaps???Also, are you talking about the same Johnson who in that season playing on the left, scored FIFTEEN goals, and was our 2nd top scorer behind Jerome? The same season where your man crush Dorrans managed just 3 goals, and who in the last SEVEN seasons has never managed more than 6 goals in a season?Don''t worry, I won''t let my reality get in the way of mocking your ridiculous statements.PS, how''s Rudd looking in pre-season at Preston? Has he finally reached De Gea standards yet?

Dorrans flattered to deceive.

BJ deceived to flatter.

Johnson any and every day and he looks increasingly like being one of those many players who ''fitted'' a club whereby the situation at NCFC brought out the best of him.

He has never lived up to his ''pute'' since then ... is he still a Derby County bench warmer cum scapegoat?

Dorrans has never consistently played on the left, and was always known as a no.10 or central midfielder.

By Lakey''s logic, Jonny Howson is a right winger as he played there on a few occasions.

I think I''ve found one of LDC''s old formation suggestions:[url="http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=f3gy8"]LDC Formation[/url]

Morgan, it''s not that bad, it''s Wednesday today, weekend is even nearer mate!!!

Made me laugh, just got in from work, avin a cup o tea and i''m greeted by the Nafferty thread, which has turned into the Left mid thread. Bradders for me every time, Naffs is a donkey, Wes is wasted out there but can do a job, Dorrans...Meh!, sorry LDC but never saw him offer much out there.PS very much liking our new approach, it may not yield immediate results but unless we are in the poop and looking like relegation, we should give SW/DF a couple of seasons at least.

[quote user="STFU"]The Spirit of Morty is alive and well on this thread 👎[/quote]Most of this thread has been good natured, so I don''t know where you get that idea from.   

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Made me laugh, just got in from work, avin a cup o tea and i''m greeted by the Nafferty thread, which has turned into the Left mid thread. Bradders for me every time, Naffs is a donkey, Wes is wasted out there but can do a job, Dorrans...Meh!, sorry LDC but never saw him offer much out there.[/quote]Made me laugh too.  Johnson, of course was brilliant for us that season out wide, (but lets

not pretend he was the most skilful player on the ball, Indy Jones,
despite his goals and battling instincts). 
Dorrans (who has significant experience of playing out wide) was only ever an option if Brady was not at the races (he was supposed to be off form at the time) and we wanted somone who could defend better than the other options - and we were shipping goals at the time.   Lafferty did well to start with out wide so could have been another option for AN, if he hadn''t effectively put himself  out of the running through being too much of a joker for the boss to put up with.    Lafferty can score goals as he''s proved and from out wide would have seen him score a few goals if he had an extended run in the team. He hit the post several times in his spell early on under Adams, and came close several times apart from the goal he did score. He didn''t have the discipline or the common sense to keep in with the management at Norwich, so more fool him, but he does have ability.   Good luck to him in Scotland, probably the best chance he has of doing well anywhere.  

[quote user="TIL 1010"]He won''t be scoring anymore in The Betfred Cup this season.[/quote]He might well, as Hearts are still in it(the 1st round is a league set up). He will get a real test as their first league game is away to Celtic.