Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Did you know over 2,000 in IP postcodes

Apparently we have over 2,000 season ticket holders in IP postcodes, so i have just been told.So just less than 10% of our average gate each week travel from IP postcodes, wonder how many do the reverse from NR to Poorman Rd ? also if they had been able to capture these fans at an early age their ST sales would be 20 - 25% higher than they are now.So thats what 16 years in the championship can do to you, and just goes to prove the stars count for nothing!! [:''(]

as much as i love the thought of swarms of yellow and green getting the train from the waste dump, most of the villages from dereham to thetford have an ip post code so i would imagine the vast majority of them come from there.

[quote user="nat_canaries"]as much as i love the thought of swarms of yellow and green getting the train from the waste dump, most of the villages from dereham to thetford have an ip post code so i would imagine the vast majority of them come from there.[/quote]

Harleston, Diss, Watton, Thetford. What''s coming next? Supporters from the PE post code?

I live in Dereham, you couldnt be more centrally in Norfolk with a NR19 postcode....3 miles up the road in Shipdham is an IP postcode , so you can only read so much in this....probably a third of Norfolk falls under that particular dark sign?

If it''s the same then just less than 10% of a small gate is pretty insignificant anyway. I know of the market twins....

I think the young gutbucket (binner) who was thrown out of Carrow Road during the last derby game has a father who owns a firework shop in Norwich.

(I believe he supplies fireworks for suffolks binfire nights)

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Places such as Beccles, Bungay and Lowestoft have an NR post code. I work in Lowestoft, based on that experience I would say the split between Norwich fans and Ippo fans is about 60/40 in favour of Norwich......[/quote]

Wow you work in Lowie I had no idea Lowie had employment?

Do you work in the job centre or sports direct?

We have a small Supporters club in Halesworth Suffolk. The town used to be 50/50 with the binners but a considerable number of them have said they have not renewed so we are now in the majority. A few of us have been going to CR for over thirty years, I have had a season ticket since the early 60''s.

There is actually quite a few of us that travel up from Ipswich. I always see about ten on the train. My work has at least 5 of us too.

I''m surprised that there are not more than 2k season ticket holders in the IP postcode as much of south Norfolk has (as has been pointed out) that postcode. I only live 8 miles from binner land and obviously have an IP postcode. I have three season tickets, one for my father who introduced the fine city to me and my son who we trained in the yellow way.

We have some interesting conversations with the posties here! One is a forest fan so he''s OK. I love the day each year when I take my dividend cheque from my NCFC shares into the local bank and see the expression on the face of the cashier.

Some binner locals around me have not renewed their season tickets this year after 30+ years, there is talk that they might not manage 10k season tickets this year. I live opposite someone who worked for the club for many years and he told me that when seats are broken they no longer replace them with new ones but utilise existing seats from the corners of the ground. That''s why the play off semi with us never reached their full capacity.

Just for clarification, someone told me it was just over 2,000, could be 3k ? That would explain why we would pay for a bill board in 1p5wich, would be a waste of money if it was the other way round?.

[quote user="Mutley"] I live opposite someone who worked for the club for many years and he told me that when seats are broken they no longer replace them with new ones but utilise existing seats from the corners of the ground. That''s why the play off semi with us never reached their full capacity.[/quote]

Astonishing.

I live in Stowmarket and on watch days you will see around 30 ish Norwich fans getting the train but that doesn''t include people who get earlier/later trains,also many people get off beyond stowmarket ie Ipswich/Chelmsford etc.

[quote user="Webbo118"]....  What''s coming next? Supporters from the PE post code?[/quote]Been travelling from a PE postcode for 30 years.I wonder who regularly travels the furthest ? There was a lovely old bloke in the Capital Canaries who travelled from Preston ( PR ) for every home game. Left home at 5am and got back the same day.He''s since passed away but was still making the trip when into his 90''s.....

And smith must score wrote;-I wonder who regularly travels the furthest ? There is a lovely couple who travel up from Cardiff for every home game, Brian & Francis and have done for 20 years if not longer, sit in the Viewing Lounge behind the glass, some commitment.

''There are quite a few of us in Felixstowe''

That explains why when we drive from home and pick the A14 up at Ipswich we always see several cars coming along the road from Felixstowe with supporters in.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mutley"] I live opposite someone who worked for the club for many years and he told me that when seats are broken they no longer replace them with new ones but utilise existing seats from the corners of the ground. That''s why the play off semi with us never reached their full capacity.[/quote]

Astonishing.

[/quote]

It rather surprised me as well LDC. My neighbour was involved in working within the stadium for many years and he reckons that the time will come when they may replace broken seats with new seats but at the moment there is no need to do so.

I''m another IP postcode owner here in Thetford. Plenty of us here and as already said many more in Bury St Edmunds.