Sign in to follow this  
Bill

J Murphy to be sold .....

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I think we should sell all of our best players, now there''s a plan. The only question is who will be left to sell in league one?[/quote]We have a history of selling our best players, except the ones that retired or got injured and had to quit the game but I suppose thats the same as retiring.I used to get agitated about this but stopped when we sold Kevin Reeves and I realised that it will always happen.

I''m not saying that we should sell Jacob Murphy, but I think he is one of the players that we could manage without if he were to go. We''d still have Josh Murphy who, for a long time, I thought was the more likely to succeed.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Parma,

Not sure who John is Parma - Jacob''s agent is Max Ferdinand (yes, a relation).[/quote]Yep, hence the reason Rio was talking him up on Twitter and what not during the U21 campaign...

i think we will see a few incoming players before this is announced

you do not want to be buying players when everyone knows you have a pocket full of money Murphy deal may well be done already but they black out media so people will not ask us double when we are trying to buy players

and if you do not think that goes on it does !

Clubs in Europe have to register every transfer on UEFA''s Transfer Matching System. This information is accessible to every team who is registered, so it is impossible to hide transfers between clubs - it is an attempt to make things much more transparent.

Norwich could attempt to hide it by not making a media announcement, but it would be a pointless exercise as any club they are attempting to buy a player from will just check the TMS to see if Norwich have sold anyone recently.

I''m sure you can have an (unofficial) agreement in place for a while before you announce it to the world (or UEFA); the only issue would be if clubs did that and then backed out as there''s. E little that the other club could do about it.

I''m sure the Brady deal was done long before it was announced, for exactly that reason.

We aren''t talking days, just a period to get the replacement across the line I guess.

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Didn''t know that, Bethnal – thanks for the info![/quote]

Binner[/quote]Bore off, manchild.

If we can get over 12m all up front for a player who has never played in the Premier League, it''s not a terrible deal.

I''d love to keep him, and I really hope he is playing here next season. However, ultimately it never ends well when player agents go to the club to push through a move (as being reported by Sky). If he''s asked to leave, it''s better for all parties if he does. We hold a strong negotiating position and should be able to make Newcastle pay over the odds.

If Jacob goes, Josh has the ability to step up and it would be a great opportunity for him to take his career to the next level. 12m can also grab us 2 or 3 quality players that will really improve the squad. There are bargains out there, you only need look at Demarai Gray who went to Leicester for under 4m.

This website seems really on the ball .....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jacob-murphy/profil/spieler/199527

Perhaps it''s the one Mike Ashley uses??

Bethnal that''s wrong clubs can and so have media black out tell what time Brady was sold to burnley then tell when it was announced ????

Clubs will choose announcement times for many reasons. I use to work in media operations for a Premier League club so know how that side of things work.

These announcements can be timed for many reasons - but using it to hide information from a rival club? Nah - doesn''t happen.

According to one of the Tyneside media luvvies Jacob''s agent was SENT BACK to Norwich by Newcastle to find out what was needed to cut a deal. Bet he thought he was more important than that! Does kind of suggest the mindset around the club though.

i think its done i think they are just looking at final details

i am wondering if they are trying to off load D murphy on us which i doubt will happen due to age and wages as part of the deal

but i think it is just crossing the T''s and dotting the I''s

Hopefully with a big sell on clause

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]10m and Dwight Gale 😆😆😆[/quote]

would actually be quite alright with that. although would like to hope the cash would be a bit bigger with add ons

a little reminder of the OP

"............in a BOGOF deal

With the club only a few quid from bankruptcy, this has been forced onto them - along with the sale of the Oliveoil chap to Reading.

Such is the dire straits of the club that Delia Smith has been rumoured to have tried to cadge a loan from Ipswich Town.

The club has been able to borrow a blanket from Oxfam for a collection at next week''s fans forum, and are at the moment struggling to raise enough to buy the team''s kit from their own club shop.

Ed Balls admits the club lacks ambition, and that Stuart Webber will most likely move on before the season as will a number of well rated players.

Speaking this afternoon Mr Balls admitted that he hadn''t known how bad the club''s plight was until he read the pinkun forum. He also admitted the fault was entirely as he had instead (up till today) relied upon the club''s accounts rather than knowledgeable pinkun posters.

£10m and Gayle and we would be laughing! Yes we would lose potentially an international class player but we would be a better team with Gayle than Jacob imo.

I do feel that he needs another year to develope in the Championship, as he isn''t quite as fully rounded a player as he needs to be. I fear he could get lost in the Prem and his potential dissappear if he ends up being underused, or overawed by 50k baying Geordies. I can''t hide my bias and that I want him to stay, but for him a big move now could hurt his career as we have seen happen over the years. 1 season here, with new progressive coaches, may be what he needs to help his career in the very long term.

The local media on the Newcastle end seem convinced its about all wrapped up, deal being 10 million cash up front with 2 million in performance related add ons. In light of reality, excluding the rumoured 16 million which was always that and never an official sum mentioned by the club itself, 12 million would be around what we got for Brady, and as Jacob has never played in the Prem, seems to be a decent amount in my opinion.We still have Josh, and this money im sure can be used either for team strengthening now, or maybe as a part back up fund for next season should we fail to attain promotion. Things seem to have reached a tipping point and looks like going thru. 8 million to me always seemed under valued, but City holding out for more seems to have got them 4 million more.