Sign in to follow this  
Bill

J Murphy to be sold .....

I''ll be surprised if he''s still here at the end of August.

I wonder whether Everton may enter the race at some point - the goal he scored against them in the League cup last season may have caught their eye.

But anyway I think he''ll ultimately leave for a similar fee to Redmond, hopefully with add ons.

[quote user="stewfil"]Is he still at the age where it would go to a tribunal?[/quote]

I think it only goes to tribunal if a player is under 24, is offered a contract and refuses the deal and therefore becomes out of contract. He is still under contract so no tribunal.

Well this thread looks to have spectacularly backfired on the OP.!! If Newcastle bid £12 million then I think our board would take it.

I hope they won''t, but have a feeling those gone already have just given the clubs finances the boost to break even this season, so to buy I think we''ll need to see the departure of Murphy.

12 million would be about right and with plenty of cover one which the club could afford to let go.

It''s not great and I''d love to see our squad built round both Murphy''s, Pritchard and Maddison it''s never going to happen, money is king.

I''d like to see Murphy give us until January to see where the club is at. But as you say money is king and I can''t see the club turning £12 million away, or him the chance of PL football playing for Newcastle

I think what maybe key here sadly, and this is the bad news, is that Jacob (and Josh) were apparently boyhood Newcastle fans.

The message has been given back to Newcastle that he''s not for sale.

Webber previously said that every player has his price.

He has a 4 year deal and is probably one of our most valuable assets.

It will cost them very silly money - if they are not prepared to stump up £10m to Boro for Traore they won''t pay the £15m they''ll need to pay for Jacob.

If he is going to be sold let''s have a bidding war and get £20m while we''re at it.

he will be gone by end of month !

Newcastle want English young players

a team which he will get 1st team games with a world famous manager

Southampton and Everton would be a step to far at this time in his career

his head will be turned by Wages / St James park stadium / Rafa and the famous Bigg market !!

Norfolk you can''t blame him if it''s the case, he''s 22 and shown to be developing rather well, so at 22 it''s a good age to take that step to play under a very good and experienced manager as Rafa.

Very true Indy imagine if we were 22 playing for a Big club like Newcastle with Rafa and the wages could be double maybe treble and a full st james park !

(no disrepect to carrow road or fans of course )

i would not blame him maybe if he did well there and shows progress who knows where he could go but it would set him up for life in a instant

[quote user="JF"]Well this thread looks to have spectacularly backfired on the OP.!! If Newcastle bid £12 million then I think our board would take it.[/quote]I have to agree, I had not thought there were so many dim folk on hereOthers might have noticed that the the post is entitled J Murphy, not Jacob Murphyand it''s first words talking of them both being signed on a BOGOF deal... you buy one, you get the other free !clearly the numpties are out in force on this one

With so many ''dim folk '' '' numpties'' and ''liars'' that post on this forum makes me wonder why you bother infesting this message board with your drivel and tripe ?Are you ever wrong about anything and is there anything on any subject you do know know ?Christ you must be a laugh a minute to be around and don''t bother with the usual tiresome plod routine in your response.

Oh and before you rattle out the following you around the forum as the self appointed police which you pulled out the other night you can hardly be avoided as there are not too many threads you pop up on without your holier than thou attitude.

I have to agree with Tilly, it''s getting a bit tired. Haddock (or whatever he''s called by the time you read this) actually has quite a lot of opinions with which I agree, and the unfunny ''joke'' OPs are easily ignored or glossed over, but the constant talking down to anyone with a contrary opinion is rather pathetic.

i heard Newcastle will want him and Rafa will not stop on this one !

i heard it is very strong interest and will be less that 10 million but over 10 million with add-ons

but of course this maybe Newcastle after someone at another club saying well if you don''t drop your asking price we will buy Murphy

its hard to say with clubs playing games with dealing with transfers one minute they are on then another player is Available then it is off

i think he will be off within the month as he has had a busy summer with international under 21''s

i would stick 20 million on him purely for his potential not his true worth

like i said earlier this is Gathering steam now be gone by end of month once a players head is turned its hard to keep them

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i heard Newcastle will want him and Rafa will not stop on this one !

i heard it is very strong interest and will be less that 10 million but over 10 million with add-ons

but of course this maybe Newcastle after someone at another club saying well if you don''t drop your asking price we will buy Murphy

its hard to say with clubs playing games with dealing with transfers one minute they are on then another player is Available then it is off

i think he will be off within the month as he has had a busy summer with international under 21''s

i would stick 20 million on him purely for his potential not his true worth

like i said earlier this is Gathering steam now be gone by end of month once a players head is turned its hard to keep them[/quote]

We don''t tend to include add ons and clauses, Ashley likes to pay up front and get paid up front for players. There are rare exceptions (Sissoko) but usually it''s an immediate deal.

Sounds like we want to buy Murphy for c£10m and you''re holding out for >£15m. There''s reports in the press that Murphy wants a move to Newcastle and while that might help him push forward a move if Norwich hold out we''ll likely become more desperate because of our lack of movement in the market thus far.

I''d really like Murphy at St James'', ut if Norwich stick to their £20m valuation we''d be better off getting someone else/making do until January before testing your resolve again.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]With so many ''dim folk '' '' numpties'' and ''liars'' that post on this forum makes me wonder why you bother infesting this message board with your drivel and tripe ?Are you ever wrong about anything and is there anything on any subject you do know know ?Christ you must be a laugh a minute to be around and don''t bother with the usual tiresome plod routine in your response.[/quote]usually twenty, if it is not an extended setand it would be rather absurd posting up something if it was wrong - though I appreciate some folk doas to plod, then posting up a picture of a copper does rather tend to that thoughtperhaps Bertie Smalls might do instead

Sadly no surprise for me [:''(].  I called this at the end of February on a thread that was a tad harsh on him! - [url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/2/3498720/ShowPost.aspx[/url]

Re: Jacob Murphy

Try and enjoy the Murphys while you can!If

Newcastle go up and we don''t, which looks rather likely, there is a very

good chance that Jacob will be wearing a black and white shirt next

season.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Sadly no surprise for me [:''(].  I called this at the end of February on a thread that was a tad harsh on him! [/quote]

Fair play, this certainly looks like it could now happen... Hopefully the money will be spent wisely and hopefully we will get 12/13m, think we will do well to get more!

Shows no loyalty to us, but if we can press for a decent fee, let him go and re-build with the money

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later - he is that talented. Shame if it happens now though, this season could have been a cracker for him with us.  However, if he leaves it does leave Josh, who was making strides at the end of the season, to be the main man instead of being one of two, so it may have a beneficial effect on his position at Norwich.

Mentioned on Talksport just now so looks like he''s off.  I hope he likes shite weather....

You can''t blame the lad, I would go if I had the chance.

As has been previously said more money,Raffa,st James park and premiership football. It''s a no brainer and that''s before we even get to the fact that he is a fan.

On the bright side maybe we will be able to afford a couple of descent defenders😎

Good luck to the lad, its a shame but I hope we hold out for top dollar and then reinvest in the squad. There are always gonna be bigger fish