Sign in to follow this  
Bill

J Murphy to be sold .....

the Newcastle fans love a flair player and i am sure Murphy will be embraced up there i hope we had a good sell on fee % in the transfer if he does well there they could sell him for big bucks !!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]Did you speak to the agent as well CA?

He seems to have been the bug(___) in the Shag Pile.[/quote]

According to reports, the Murphys changed their agent last year to help them get a better deal at Norwich, the implication being that they would have been off if they did not get their improved contract.  The agent did his job then and has done it again.  I dislike the idea of agents as much as anyone, but the two players themselves are obviously intelligent and looking after their own interests, so in this case the agent should get no flack this time.  Neither should Jacob, for pursuing his career. 

[/quote]

Rio Ferdinand is involved in some capacity in their behalf. Started bigging Murphy up on social media after all his goals early last season. No doubt will do the same with Josh if he does well this season.

I see though that Boro are about to spend £7m on some no mark from West Ham who has barely played a first team game. Makes the fees we got for Murphy and particularly Howson look pretty average.[/quote]

Rio talked up jacob because Rio''s brother is Jacobs agent. I know they''re twins but do we know if Josh and Jacob share an agent as well as genetics?

Jacob and Josh both are both signed up to the same agency, New Era Sports, Max Ferdinand (Rio''s cousin) works for this company (as does Rio).

I''m sure if Josh starts performing well we will see Rio using his social media presence to promote him. New Era are what I would describe as a very ''active'' agency who promote their clients to prospective clubs a lot. If Josh does well and Norwich aren''t promoted, they will be looking for a move for him before too long.