Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Murphy Money

Any idea? Thought it was being reinvested in the squad? Surely can not have gone to the banks as we were "debt free" and "well run"....

Exciting times...

[quote user="Mike "]Any idea? Thought it was being reinvested in the squad? Surely can not have gone to the banks as we were "debt free" and "well run"....

Exciting times...[/quote]Poor Mike, he''s even more ill-informed than Paul Moy.

Delia has just bought Oxborough Hall off the NT. Any coincidence. I think not.

Has the transfer window closed already?

So we were told that Howson money cleared the bank overdraft yes? We were told that being well run we were debt free yes? We have removed a lot of big wage earners yes? So pray tell me were the murphy money will go?

Try not to be sarcastic it just makes you look silly.

Genuinely interested in where you think all the money is going...

[quote user="Mike "]So we were told that Howson money cleared the bank overdraft yes? We were told that being well run we were debt free yes? We have removed a lot of big wage earners yes? So pray tell me were the murphy money will go?

Genuinely interested in where you think all the money is going...[/quote]

Where do you think the money is going Mike?Try not to be clever it makes you look silly.

[quote user="Mike "]So we were told that Howson money cleared the bank overdraft yes? We were told that being well run we were debt free yes? We have removed a lot of big wage earners yes? So pray tell me were the murphy money will go?

The latest we are told by the club is that the Murphy money will clear the overdraft. The Howson money did not achieve that.

But of course the club tells us lots of things that turn out to be meaningless. For instance, they used the last AGM to announce a new 4 year plus deal for Murphy, thus lulling supporters into believing the boy would be here for years to come. A few months down the line and the boy is gone.

They tell us the club is a co-operative model that allows every penny to be reinvested (as if to say this gives us some competitive advantage.) Again, this is paltry and meaningless against the backdrop of mega-rich owners at other clubs.

I have lost count of all the various meaningless mantras spouted forth from CR over past two decades.

Verdict: stop talking to supporters like they were children. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I imagine it goes towards safeguarding the future. We won''t receive any more parachute payments after this season, the squad (although thinned out) still costs us a fair bit in wages and they need to be sensible in terms of the way the club is run from here on in.I don''t really care how much a player costs (we paid over the odds for pretty much every player signed during AN''s tenure) I just want them to want to play for Norwich and to put their heart into it. We may have unearthed some gems at a fraction of the cost this season, we won''t know until we have seen them play a number of games. Of course, they might also be total donkey''s but I trust DF and SW''s judgement enough.In short, DF said he didn''t expect the Murphy money to be entirely reinvested into the squad, so you can pretty much rule out a big ''marquee'' signing. I''m afraid that won''t be happening for some time!

[quote user="Big Vince"]But of course the club tells us lots of things that turn out to be meaningless. For instance, they used the last AGM to announce a new 4 year plus deal for Murphy, thus lulling supporters into believing the boy would be here for years to come. [/quote]You believe in players contracts? Thats very naive.

We''ll probably spend £3-4m of it max before the window shuts on one or two new bodies and use all the rest to help cushion our transition next summer if we fail to get back up.

What makes Herman think that Delia has bought Oxborough hall.

I have heard nothing and it''s still on the nt website.

Mike wrote the following post at 27/07/2017 6:50 PM:

So we were told that Howson money cleared the bank overdraft yes? We were told that being well run we were debt free yes? We have removed a lot of big wage earners yes? So pray tell me were the murphy money will go?

Genuinely interested in where you think all the money is going...

Financial sustainability? January transfer funds? Academy?

Really could be any number of reasons.

What i fail to understand is why supporters feel they have a right to know exactly where every penny that hits the NCFC accounts go!

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Big Vince"]But of course the club tells us lots of things that turn out to be meaningless. For instance, they used the last AGM to announce a new 4 year plus deal for Murphy, thus lulling supporters into believing the boy would be here for years to come. [/quote]You believe in players contracts? Thats very naive.

[/quote]

That''s exactly what I mean about not treating supporters like children. If the contract is meaningless, then why bother even announcing it at all? Or, if they wanted to be really honest, they would add the caveat that we expect the player to be sold as soon as the right offer comes in.

Stop using all this New Labour style spin to create smoke and mirrors (now you see the contract, but it''s not really.)

Say what you ******* mean and mean what you ******* say. Period.

[quote user="Big Vince"]

That''s exactly what I mean about not treating supporters like children. If the contract is meaningless, then why bother even announcing it at all? Or, if they wanted to be really honest, they would add the caveat that we expect the player to be sold as soon as the right offer comes in.

Stop using all this New Labour style spin to create smoke and mirrors (now you see the contract, but it''s not really.)

Say what you ******* mean and mean what you ******* say. Period.[/quote]Fantastic idea but instead of saying the player has been sold we could say he went to live on a farm with all the other players who no longer play for us.

deary me... oh well lets try again...

It''s pretty obvious that the money is going to plug holes due to our current boards misuse of the premiership windfall. Therefore I genuinely do not get the backing of this board & the "we are lucky to have them" school of thought.

I genuinely hope we have a great season this year but that would have been a lot more likely if we had kept Murphy & Howson.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Mike "]So we were told that Howson money cleared the bank overdraft yes? We were told that being well run we were debt free yes? We have removed a lot of big wage earners yes? So pray tell me were the murphy money will go?

The latest we are told by the club is that the Murphy money will clear the overdraft. The Howson money did not achieve that.

But of course the club tells us lots of things that turn out to be meaningless. For instance, they used the last AGM to announce a new 4 year plus deal for Murphy, thus lulling supporters into believing the boy would be here for years to come. A few months down the line and the boy is gone.

They tell us the club is a co-operative model that allows every penny to be reinvested (as if to say this gives us some competitive advantage.) Again, this is paltry and meaningless against the backdrop of mega-rich owners at other clubs.

I have lost count of all the various meaningless mantras spouted forth from CR over past two decades.

Verdict: stop talking to supporters like they were children. Say what you mean and mean what you say.[/quote]

Spot on Vince

All contracts are meaningless, they just increase the cost to the buyer. Wasn''t there a lengthy thread on that a month or so ago? With clubs needing to pay up the ''value'' of the period of the remaining contract etc.

You could say that by signing those 4 year contracts, the twins have shown their loyalty to the club by bumping up the cost to buy them.

[quote user="BobLoz3"]I imagine it goes towards safeguarding the future. We won''t receive any more parachute payments after this season, the squad (although thinned out) still costs us a fair bit in wages and they need to be sensible in terms of the way the club is run from here on in.I don''t really care how much a player costs (we paid over the odds for pretty much every player signed during AN''s tenure) I just want them to want to play for Norwich and to put their heart into it. We may have unearthed some gems at a fraction of the cost this season, we won''t know until we have seen them play a number of games. Of course, they might also be total donkey''s but I trust DF and SW''s judgement enough.In short, DF said he didn''t expect the Murphy money to be entirely reinvested into the squad, so you can pretty much rule out a big ''marquee'' signing. I''m afraid that won''t be happening for some time![/quote]

I agree with a lot of that and it makes sense but the people responsible for the appalling spending and lack of success still own the club and are treated as the best thing we could hope for. In my opinion it is not.

Surely now the lucky to have them and well run mantra will stop.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Big Vince"]But of course the club tells us lots of things that turn out to be meaningless. For instance, they used the last AGM to announce a new 4 year plus deal for Murphy, thus lulling supporters into believing the boy would be here for years to come. [/quote]You believe in players contracts? Thats very naive.

[/quote]

That''s exactly what I mean about not treating supporters like children. If the contract is meaningless, then why bother even announcing it at all? Or, if they wanted to be really honest, they would add the caveat that we expect the player to be sold as soon as the right offer comes int.

Say what you ******* mean and mean what you ******* say. Period.[/quote]
Do you think all other clubs except us behave in that way them BV? We are the only club in the world that don''t add all these little caveats and variable outcomes to their PR statements? Can you point me to some examples of other clubs doing as you feel our club should? Or perhaps you feel that every other club only acquires players that are out of contract, as that''s the decent thing to do?

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Big Vince"]But of course the club tells us lots of things that turn out to be meaningless. For instance, they used the last AGM to announce a new 4 year plus deal for Murphy, thus lulling supporters into believing the boy would be here for years to come. [/quote]You believe in players contracts? Thats very naive.

[/quote]

That''s exactly what I mean about not treating supporters like children. If the contract is meaningless, then why bother even announcing it at all? Or, if they wanted to be really honest, they would add the caveat that we expect the player to be sold as soon as the right offer comes int.

Say what you ******* mean and mean what you ******* say. Period.[/quote]
Do you think all other clubs except us behave in that way them BV? We are the only club in the world that don''t add all these little caveats and variable outcomes to their PR statements? Can you point me to some examples of other clubs doing as you feel our club should? Or perhaps you feel that every other club only acquires players that are out of contract, as that''s the decent thing to do?
[/quote]

Of course this is a football-wide complaint, not limited to NCFC.

But that doesn''t mean that NCFC is excused. (If I rob your house it doesn''t mean that everyone else should too.)

But NCFC does seem to think that its patrons are particularly dim (and so there is particular scope and licence to exploit that.) Just my opinion.

[quote user="Big Vince"]

But NCFC does seem to think that its patrons are particularly dim (and so there is particular scope and licence to exploit that.) Just my opinion.[/quote]No, that''s just you who thinks they are as dim. Most people have good idea of what the clubs finances are like, if they don''t then they''ve not been paying attention.

[quote user="Herman"]Has the feckin transfer window shut already?[/quote]

No put the feckin season starts in 9 days.... anyway we will not invest the money in any signings to be excited about as it''s gone to fill the holes caused by misspending and incompetence.

[quote user="Mike "]deary me... oh well lets try again...

It''s pretty obvious that the money is going to plug holes due to our current boards misuse of the premiership windfall. Therefore I genuinely do not get the backing of this board & the "we are lucky to have them" school of thought.

I genuinely hope we have a great season this year but that would have been a lot more likely if we had kept Murphy & Howson.[/quote]You could''ve expressed this opinion in your OP. Clarity is agood thing.

My point is that this club has wasted millions and that is down to the management of this club. They wasted a golden opportunity to establish ourselves in the top flight for years to come.

I hope that their gamble pays off with Farke...

[quote user="Mike "]I genuinely hope we have a great season this year but that would have been a lot more likely if we had kept Murphy & Howson.[/quote]Yep, worked well last season when we had them both didn''t it?

[quote user="Mike "]My point is that this club has wasted millions and that is down to the management of this club. They wasted a golden opportunity to establish ourselves in the top flight for years to come.

I hope that their gamble pays off with Farke...[/quote]Yes, well done.Maybe you could start a new post looking at the problem from a different angle?

[quote user="Mike "]My point is that this club has wasted millions and that is down to the management of this club. They wasted a golden opportunity to establish ourselves in the top flight for years to come.

I hope that their gamble pays off with Farke...[/quote]

Delia & Wynnie are certainly rolling in the chance last saloon.

How many times can you reinvent the wheel? They have now tried everything possible EXCEPT selling out to a richer person.

If the Webber-Farke experiment fails, then selling up is the only way out for them, especially without EPL money and parachute payments.

Even if the Webber-Farke experiment succeeds, it can only go so far without new money. There is no point going back to the EPL unless you have serious financial backing because the TV money on its own gives you no competitive advantage.