Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Fulham - Your Starting XI

Based on the current squad, with Klose & Pritchard injured & Naismith suspended...

I can see a 4-2-3-1...

Gunn

Pinto - Martin - Franke - Husband

Tettey - Vrancic

Watkins - Hoolahan - Murphy

Oliviera

Martin & Tettey wouldn''t be my first choice, but can see them starting for the experience they bring

I would agree with that lineup. As the season goes on I can see Reed replacing Tettey in the starting 11. When Pritchard and Klose return we really would have a strong starting 11.

I can see a1, 10a goalie and 10 outfie;d playerswho will be on various parts of the pitchdetermined by where the opposition and where the ball iswho they will be is as yet unknownif only e don''t know who will be plying for NCFC or how might be injured on 5th Aug

GunnPinto, Martin, Franke, Husband                   Reed Watkins,   Vranjic,     Murphy                Hoolahan                  Nelson

Gunn

Martin Zimmerman Franke Husband

Reed

Watkins Vrancic Maddison Murphy

Oliveira

Pinto and Hoolahan proberly not match fit after injury

Naismith is suspended so I ll go with Indy''s choice, Pinto and Wes will hopefully be fit as they are back in training on Monday, think I heard Daniel say in his interveiw

Gunn

Pinto, Martin, Franke, Husband

Reed

Watkins, Vranjic, Murphy

Hoolahan

Nelson

Like this too:

Gunn

Pinto, Martin, Franke, Husband

Reed

Watkins, Vranjic, Murphy

Hoolahan

Nelson

I like that with Hoolahan being replaced by Tettey after 60 minutes if we are saving the game or by Jerome if we are chasing it.

So with 16m+ of midfielders either suspended or injured and an £8m+ centre back injured , along with the promising Thompson we are still capable of putting out this strong looking side.

Add Godfrey, Maddison and Wildshutt and some other decent youngsters on the bench and some dopes think we''ll struggle this season. I ask you?

New regime or not this squad is capable of being there or thereabouts all season with the proviso that another centre back and another striker be added to it.

So far we''ve seen Farke favouring a 4-3-3 that switches to a 4-1-4-1 without the ball, or playing a 3-4-3.

With two centre backs he''s favoured the Franke-Zimmerman partnership.

Since it''s his first game, and away at that, I reckon he might be tempted to go with a little more steel in midfield (especially with Naismith out).

Gunn

Martin Franke Zimmerman Husband

Tettey

Watkins Reed Vrancic Murphy

Oliveria

If we went back three then I''d like the look of this...

Gunn

Zimmerman, Martin, Franke

Wildschut, Vranic, Reed, Husbands

Murphy, Nelson, Watkins

Bench of McGovern, Godfrey, Tettey, Jerome, Wes, Lewis, Cantwell

Kahn

Buchwald Beckennauer Kohler Lahm

Sammer

Matthaus Schuster

Muller Heynckes Muller

Gunn

Pinto, Martin, Franke, Zimmerman, Husband

Reed

Watkins, Vrancic, Murphy

Nelson

No Wes?

Quite like a few of the options put forward so far. Shows how much more balanced the squad is after the wheeling and dealing especially considering there are a few injuries and a suspension in there as well.

City first. First time I''ve actually laughed at one of your jokes!

Gunn

Wildshut

Martin

Zimmerman

Franke

Lewis

Reed

Watkins

Vrancic

Hoolahan

Jerome

Predominantly based on the pre season games I''ve seen and my slight bias towards Jerome away from home.

If Pinto is fit:GunnZimmermann Martin FrankePinto Vrancic Reed HusbandWatkins Jerome MurphyBench: McGovern, Lewis, Godfrey, Tettey, Hoolahan, Wildschut, Oliveira.If Pinto is unfit:GunnMartin Zimmermann Franke HusbandReedWatkins Vrancic Hoolahan MurphyJeromeBench: McGovern, Lewis, Godfrey, Tettey, Maddison, Wildschut, Oliveira.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Not much love for Maddison.

I''d hope he''s in the starting 11 at Fulham.[/quote]Love the guy, but he''s had very little game time for us and I think we need to make sure we''re not too open against a very good Fulham side. Jerome for mobility, Murphy for pace and Watkins for strength would be my reasoning, with Reed and Vrancic having a good mix of tenacity and creativity.Definitely expect Maddison to play a big part this season, albeit mostly from the bench (especially once Pritchard is fit again).

I like Maddison but it''s reasonably clear he''s behind pritchard and wes in terms of ability and understanding of the game

[quote user="hogesar"]I like Maddison but it''s reasonably clear he''s behind pritchard and wes in terms of ability and understanding of the game[/quote]

Is it reasonably clear?

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]So far we''ve seen Farke favouring a 4-3-3 that switches to a 4-1-4-1 without the ball, or playing a 3-4-3.

Since it''s his first game, and away at that, I reckon he might be tempted to go with a little more steel in midfield (especially with Naismith out).

Gunn

Tettey

Oliveria[/quote]Yep, with Naismith & Pritchard out, either of who would start in the RMC position, I''d suggest Farke goes with his preferred 4-1-4-1 in the form of:Norwich City 4-1-4-1 football formation

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="Icecream Snow"]So far we''ve seen Farke favouring a 4-3-3 that switches to a 4-1-4-1 without the ball, or playing a 3-4-3.

Gunn

Tettey

Oliveria[/quote]Yep, with Naismith & Pritchard out, either of who would start in the RMC position, I''d suggest Farke goes with his preferred 4-1-4-1 in the form of:Norwich City 4-1-4-1 football formation[/quote]Subs:McGovernJeromeWildschutMaddisonMartinGodfreyHoolahan

On the basis that we seemed to improve quite a lot in the second half at Bielefeld after he switched to 3 at the back I have a feeling we might go for that. I also, based on what I''ve seen so far, like the look of Lewis and am a bit unconvinced by Husband so I''d go with:

Gunn

Martin Franke Zimmerman Lewis

Pinto, Tettey, Vrancic, Lewis

Hoolahan

Murphy Oliveira