Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

Adam Phillips..?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-transfer-rumours-canaries-sign-former-liverpool-midfield-adam-phillips-1-5121069

Has been with Norwich all pre-season so not a huge surprise if he has signed.

Webber signed him for Liverpool from Blackburn I believe so wouldn''t be surprised if he wanted him again. Will be with the U23s for the foreseeable I imagine as he works back from a few nasty injuries.

He''s been with the club for a few weeks, and was on tour with the U23s in GermanyIt is the way the club are going. Also with himwas Fonkeu a young Belgian striker and a big central defender from Hitchin (?).Two other youngsters were also signed Irish/Icelandic a day or so backThe idea being that we develop young players from various ages, rather than have young lads go through the system from a kid to first team. Having the money and Cat 1 status we can search far and wide, and hope to progress players.However only a very few will make it. Keepers like Lewis,Steer and Rudd settled at Championship level, but still paid their way.I think we are only just seeing the benefits as the likes of Lewis, Godfrey, Thompson, Toffolo, Mathews begin to break through in the wake of the two MurphysLooking good.

Developing players at the Norwich Academy does not necessarily equate to developing players for Norwich City.

As with any asset, if you improve it by training, educating, shaping or rehabilitating it, then sell it for a profit you have operated as a successful business.

If any Academy develops a strong enough reputation for this - to some degree regardless of whether it produces a Neymar Jr or AN Other who develops enough to play for Shrewsbury instead of Sudbury - then a business case is proved for its existence.

Producing players good enough for the Championship - as we have done - is already notable success. As is finding players who can be improved (or found elsewhere) from zero or little value to a commercial value.

This process can be structured and repeatable. The occasional gem is a joyous bonus, a Norwich 1st ix player an occasional esoteric necessity, an increased-value asset a financial necessity and the heart of the business model.

Parma

Developing players at the Norwich Academy does not necessarily equate to developing players for Norwich City.

As with any asset, if you improve it by training, educating, shaping or rehabilitating it, then sell it for a profit you have operated as a successful business.

100 % Parma something that Norwich have not done enough of i know a scout who did that for a team bought players from Non league etc even if they play for your under 23''s they will be worth more than you bought them for and sell to the lg1 / lg 2 teams

any profit goes back into the coaching like you said if we keep a few all the better but buying these players is not just about finding players for our 1st team also to make a profit

that is something i would like to see more of though if we can tap into the lower leagues and play some of these players then the price we get would be a lot more

if you can get a striker from the lower leagues and they score 10 goals + you really have hit a winner

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Meant to be the next big thing a few years ago - hopefully we can help him get somewhere near his potential.[/quote]And then sell him for a below market value price

[quote user="Making Plans"]And then sell him for a below market value price [/quote]
Which would still be a very handy profit.

Would be nice to spend some of the millions we have raised on player sales on a few players who may help us push for promotion . How they laughed on here when the binners sold the likes of Mings and Murphy and didn''t get a penny to spend but it''s a different story when Delia does exactly the same but on a greater level .

"it''s a different story when Delia does exactly the same but on a greater level ."

Maybe, just maybe that''s because this story only exists in your fevered imagination. Are you really saying you think the £10 milllion from the sale of Murphy should be spent already?

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"]He''s been with the club for a few weeks, and was on tour with the U23s in GermanyIt is the way the club are going. Also with himwas Fonkeu a young Belgian striker and a big central defender from Hitchin (?).Two other youngsters were also signed Irish/Icelandic a day or so backThe idea being that we develop young players from various ages, rather than have young lads go through the system from a kid to first team. Having the money and Cat 1 status we can search far and wide, and hope to progress players.However only a very few will make it. Keepers like Lewis,Steer and Rudd settled at Championship level, but still paid their way.I think we are only just seeing the benefits as the likes of Lewis, Godfrey, Thompson, Toffolo, Mathews begin to break through in the wake of the two MurphysLooking good.[/quote]I like that you can be sensible where football is concerned -- stick with that topic [Y]

says he has been injured for 1 /2 years but says he is fit now

i imagine he is maybe a player that could break into first team this year i doubt he would just sign for under 23''s as he maybe could of joined a club lower down the leagues / scotland for first team football