Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Grabban back for our first home league game

Perhaps all the posters that reckon we sell on the cheap should think about how much Bournemouth paid us for him 😀

Fees are only what the media make upWhat matters is that he seems to have found his level .. Championship and we wait to see if he can cut at this level after hardly setting the world alight at ReadingThis will now be his 5th different loan which suggests something is amiss.Maybe his attitude.

[quote user="Lewis DW"]Fees are made up by the media? I''ve read it all now![/quote]Given that I have actually  ''been there'' when it happens I would ask you to reply giving me evidence where you have been told officially the terms of any contract.And perhaps where any fee has been given officially to the mediaor do they say undisclosed, if so then where does the number come from ?

Some media outlets have good sources and get pretty accurate numbers. Eventually you''ll realise that for yourself. That, and, for example, when you claim the Swansea Sigurdsson figure is made up, you need to make sure you check the chairman hasn''t publically said otherwise.

Lewis and hoggy i wish you good luck in your efforts but you really should know better than to question anything Diabolical Bill posts as he is the font of all knowledge on everything.

[quote user="hogesar"]Some media outlets have good sources and get pretty accurate numbers. Eventually you''ll realise that for yourself. That, and, for example, when you claim the Swansea Sigurdsson figure is made up, you need to make sure you check the chairman hasn''t publically said otherwise.[/quote]And how do you know they are accurate ?who confirms the accuracy ?

City1st

Has anyone ever told you what an absoulute patronising conceited self satisfying piece of low life humanity you are.

They surely must have done.

Bitter old boy who doesn''t go to games or get out much. This site was much better before you came back with your multiple daft usernames and your not funny jokes.

[quote user="Barnacle Bill"][quote user="hogesar"]Some media outlets have good sources and get pretty accurate numbers. Eventually you''ll realise that for yourself. That, and, for example, when you claim the Swansea Sigurdsson figure is made up, you need to make sure you check the chairman hasn''t publically said otherwise.[/quote]And how do you know they are accurate ?who confirms the accuracy ?[/quote]
How do you know they''re not accurate? IF the media consistently got every figure wrong then don''t you think the club would say "No, we haven''t paid that much for him?" It happens sometimes, but not all the times, because guess what? They get it right sometimes. They''re paid to get it right.

[quote user="xymox"]City1st

Has anyone ever told you what an absoulute patronising conceited self satisfying piece of low life humanity you are.

Bitter old boy who doesn''t go to games or get out much. This site was much better before you came back with your multiple daft usernames and your not funny jokes.[/quote]Now,now,now xymox i thought i had exclusive rights on taking Diabolical Bill to task ? [:D][:P][;)]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Barnacle Bill"][quote user="hogesar"]Some media outlets have good sources and get pretty accurate numbers. Eventually you''ll realise that for yourself. That, and, for example, when you claim the Swansea Sigurdsson figure is made up, you need to make sure you check the chairman hasn''t publically said otherwise.[/quote]And how do you know they are accurate ?who confirms the accuracy ?[/quote]
How do you know they''re not accurate? IF the media consistently got every figure wrong then don''t you think the club would say "No, we haven''t paid that much for him?" It happens sometimes, but not all the times, because guess what? They get it right sometimes. They''re paid to get it right.
[/quote]It''s not up to me to prove they are not accurate. And as clubs do not release exact contract details you can NEVER know if they " get it right." as there is nothing to verify it against.Take a look at Wildscutt. The figures quoted by the supposed all knowing media varies between £3m and £7m. The figures do not state if any figure is a fee, a fee plus signing on fee, those plus possible adds etc - because the average fan neither grasps that nor wants to.They want it to be an amount that they can pontificate about, and the media can usually quote what anyone else has said on the basis ''it was reported as xyz.Fine, if fans want to do that then that''s ok - but when they use it to attack the club then I will point out the lies.that''s all

[quote user="xymox"]City1st

Bitter old boy who doesn''t go to games or get out much. This site was much better before you came back with your multiple daft usernames and your not funny jokes.[/quote]My you do sound angryWith your 89 posts in ten yearsPerhaps you should take the key out of your back, or you will end up like poor old Greengrass doggedly following me about the forum in his pursuit to find me posting a ''naughty word.Old boy ?Hardly, still in my 50''s and fit as a fiddle. Able to play 5 aside and up to half marathons a couple of times a year. As to games, yes I go regularly. I can even see dear old Big Ears across the pitch, looking like a madman staring through a hedge,

ps if you don''t like what I right, don''t read the posts as rather like yourself it''s that simpleta ra

Taking a leaf out of your book of advice:

If you don''t like what people write in response to your shyte, either don''t read their response or don''t write the shyte in the first place.

And as the self-appointed Minister of Pomposity and Pointing Out Other Peoples'' Mistakes, you don''t half make a lot yourself.

who said I didn''t like what folk write ?I didn''t, that''s just you making up stuff .... againand I make no apology for being rightand like some bird ''twitcher'' I do find of great interest seeing some of the rare species of dimwit make an appearanceThe Lesser Usedname. the Great Bustard and my favourit and frequent visitor the Hedge Faced Titanyway off for a cycle - Marriot''s Waydo wave if you see us, I''m the one with a zimmer frame on wheelstatty bye(do play nicely)

Back on topic,I personally am pretty pleased that we''ll be seeing Grabban potentially play against us, as it means that instead of the opposition playing a decent forward who can finish consistently against our back line, we just have to deal with that waster!How we got 7mil for that clown I''ll never know, although seeing the rumour of Boro paying 7mil for Ashley Fletcher, I''m thinking we could have got 12+ mil for Grabban from them [;)]

Grabban was actually a really decent player for us. Alex Neil certainly got the best out of him in that second half of 14/15. He''ll go down as a better striker than others we''ve had, I dunno, say RvW.

Grabban surprised me in his season with us, played the lone striker role well with good movement. And Yes, was far more useful to us than Rvw

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]Apparently argued with our other old boy Vaughan over who should take a penalty in a friendly today.

Vaughan then goes on to miss not once but twice...[/quote]Vaughan apparently got taught this particular skill by Snodgrass during an interesting pre-season training session, sadly Snoddy didn''t quite have time to teach him how to run into blind alleys, whilst slowing the play down and moaning constantly in the process [:(] [;)]

[quote user="Morgan"]*write

And Grabban''s a decent player at this level. Fair play to S''drlnd.[/quote]

Morgan you obviously do not go to NCFC matches or saw his innocuous performance while on loan to Reading last season