Sign in to follow this  

I don''t normally post about other posters but I must say that since you-know-who got the heave ho, I have found myself agreeing with a lot of what LDC says. Funny how the absence of an old-school keyboard bully has allowed someone to have the confidence to make a positive contribution. Keep up with some decent posting mate! Anyhow, there has been some good debate on here generally recently, looking forward to the analysis of H. Farke''s first game or two when we''ll see finally what effect he is likely to have.

Always like to be positive if at all possible.  Still have strong views and will no doubt tread on a few peoples'' toes from time to time, but it''s an easier place to discuss stuff normally atm. Long may it last. [Y] 

Kieran Shikari, I know you''re just a kit but seriously. It''s either really immature or the work of a really narrow minded homophobic d.ickhead that uses ''gay'' as a response to a comment, especially when it has no relation to sexuality, even worse during pride week. #justsayin as the kids say ✌

I have noticed that a lot of posters with very old joining dates but low post counts have returned to posting these days. Now the forum seems less toxic, more posters are posting.

Agree with Darth. I generally liked Morty but it can''t be denied there''s been a lot less bickering since his ban (excluding the politics threads obviously).

IMO the forum is better without Morty on here , but I actually quite liked him in a Talk Sport sort of way .

KS one word reply should be taken as the purile humour it was intended to be ,, i.e. Get off your PC high horse for f*ck sake .

LDC clashed with Morty through his own form of trolling , deliberately controversial statements , and the endless endorsement of a lost cause .

The increasing diversity on the site , and hopefully a new era of excitement and success will only serve to expand the number of regular posters and positivity , along of course with genuine criticism when warranted ,, which should not be instantly denigrated .#otbc

Everyone is entitled to air their views, and invite discussion from others who either agree or disagree, and should be able to do that with fear of personal attacks and put downs etc.

As in life, people will always disagree.

I also feel the board is generally a more friendly place, and it''s good to see more posters feeling able to air their views.

Also a 👍 to LDC who, like many others is a regular poster and wears his ncfc colours with pride.

Not intentionally nuff.

Was just echoing comments others have made about LDC and other posters returning.

[quote user="Barclay seats 48 49 the 3rd"]IMO the forum is better without Morty on here , but I actually quite liked him in a Talk Sport sort of way .

KS one word reply should be taken as the purile humour it was intended to be ,, i.e. Get off your PC high horse for f*ck sake .

LDC clashed with Morty through his own form of trolling , deliberately controversial statements , and the endless endorsement of a lost cause .

The increasing diversity on the site , and hopefully a new era of excitement and success will only serve to expand the number of regular posters and positivity , along of course with genuine criticism when warranted ,, which should not be instantly denigrated .#otbc[/quote]If you welcome increasing diversity, why is it okay for people to make homophobic slurs?

Have to agree with Tumbleweed that LDC seems much more confident & happier in his posting nowadays, I''ve even found myself agreeing with some of his opinions lol

Also agree that its nice to see so many returning posters, this really is the place to talk ncfc nowadays, never seen the place so busy pre season.

Long may it continue

[quote user="nu_matik"]Kieran Shikari, I know you''re just a kit but seriously. It''s either really immature or the work of a really narrow minded homophobic d.ickhead that uses ''gay'' as a response to a comment, especially when it has no relation to sexuality, even worse during pride week. #justsayin as the kids say ✌[/quote]Sorry to offend you in your big week.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="nu_matik"]Kieran Shikari, I know you''re just a kit but seriously. It''s either really immature or the work of a really narrow minded homophobic d.ickhead that uses ''gay'' as a response to a comment, especially when it has no relation to sexuality, even worse during pride week. #justsayin as the kids say ✌[/quote]Sorry to offend you in your big week.[/quote]Grow up and stop being an antagonistic príck. I''m guessing that you (like me) are a heterosexual, able-bodied, white male from a relatively privileged background (by which I mean you have electricity, hot running water, free healthcare and enough food to eat). It wouldn''t hurt to be a bit more supportive and open-minded towards people who suffer constant prejudice for being ''different''. Being homophobic isn''t cool.#justsayin

The worry is that when a everyone''s bored with celebrating the demise of a top poster and City fan they''ll turn their attention to "cleansing the board " of another one....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The worry is that when a everyone''s bored with celebrating the demise of a top poster and City fan they''ll turn their attention to "cleansing the board " of another one....[/quote]Come on Nutty, you know as well as I do that NCFC fans require a scapegoat at all times. It''s what we do best [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The worry is that when a everyone''s bored with celebrating the demise of a top poster and City fan they''ll turn their attention to "cleansing the board " of another one....[/quote]
Eddie you and I are and always will be good friends, so I know I can get away with saying to you - it''s time to let it go & move on [:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Always like to be positive if at all possible.  Still have strong views and will no doubt tread on a few peoples'' toes from time to time, but it''s an easier place to discuss stuff normally atm. Long may it last. [Y][/quote]I agree that this place seems to be calmer at the moment. Reasonable debate is easier when not surrounded by all the '' my willy''s bigger than your willy '' nonsense. There''s a few people still at it on here but it''s at nowhere near the same level it was a few months ago.I don''t think one particular ex-poster should shoulder all the blame. There''s one or two other recently departed '' names '' who excelled at adding their tuppence worth to the playground antics.Fair play to you LDC. You stood your ground but I think considering how awful the football has been at times perhaps a little less relentless positivity night not have gone amiss ?

been waiting for this place to turn back to actually chatting about NCFC related football for a while. too many threads went off into daft little bickering matches you forgot what the initial discussion was and I actually thought I was in some virtual old people''s home!

I suspect dome of the abuse LDC got was from being stubborn in his opinions and often creative with his discussion topics (Rudd comparison with de gea). Some people took him too literally with it when all he was discussing were vague similarities, I''m sure he knew Rudd won''t ever be at man u on 200k a week for his talents!

Morty used to be a pretty decent poster until he started to keep biting at every little detail he didn''t agree with. it wasn''t just him tho to be fair, there was a clique of posters on here that would send borderline abuse your way if you dared post against the status quo. Not all of us can be ITK football experts like Bethnal etc.

some of us just want to air some new opinions and find out the latest linked names and discuss. seemed to really offend some people discussing rumoured arrivals. I know Messi and Ronaldo and the like ain''t gonna join here but its still fun to discuss the unrealistic rumours.

Anyway, back to footy!

I don''t think you have anything to worry about Nutty as cant imagine you not making the effort to get on with everyone on here lol

Back to LDC, are you travelling to Yorkshire for the Blades game as would be nice to meet you?

If it''s any consolation KS I took your posts in good humour. Then again, my sense of humour has regularly got me into a bit of bother on this forum so I''m probably not the best standard to base your posts on.

Oh and considering how many people are supposed to be delighted at Morty leaving the forum, there doesn''t half seem to have been enough posts about him since.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 29/07/2017 12:07 PM:

The worry is that when a everyone''s bored with celebrating the demise of a top poster and City fan they''ll turn their attention to "cleansing the board " of another one....

This board has improved significantly since Morty got the heave ho. Most of his posts were gratuitous abuse and are not missed.

[quote user="hogesar"]Oh and considering how many people are supposed to be delighted at Morty leaving the forum, there doesn''t half seem to have been enough posts about him since.[/quote]There has been a few now. All rather odd.

[quote user="Diane"]I don''t think you have anything to worry about Nutty as cant imagine you not making the effort to get on with everyone on here lol

Back to LDC, are you travelling to Yorkshire for the Blades game as would be nice to meet you?[/quote]Would be good to meet you too, Diane.  Not sure if I can make the Blades game, but I am planning to be at the first two home games, so maybe catch up with you then, maybe in the Nelson?