Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Brighton match streaming on iFollow

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]Great start to IFOLLOW. cant for the life of me get it working on my ipad.

What a joke, any subscribers got it working ? Or is it just me ?[/quote]
Working perfectly here for me...

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]Great start to IFOLLOW. cant for the life of me get it working on my ipad.

[/quote]

Nope. Tells me to use the app.

Guess your on a laptop or pc.

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]Great start to IFOLLOW. cant for the life of me get it working on my ipad.

[/quote]

Nope. Tells me to use the app.

Guess your on a laptop or pc.[/quote]
Have you tried installing the app? description on the iTunes/Android app says watch games

[quote user="lharman7"]I''m on my pc and its definitely not working for me.[/quote]
Have you tried the link I posted above?

[quote user="lharman7"]Yes, the option to go live is there but then I get nothing but black picture.[/quote]
My first guess would be ad blocker causing issues, make sure all turned all for the club website and if that doesn''t work try a different browser Chrome/Edge/Firefox

Yep I follow app is blank but working fine from matches on main site via PC overseas without vpn

Good goal

If you really want to watch with tablet or phone, you can force a "desktop view" from the browser options, which might bypass the club trying to force you to use the app.

[quote user="lharman7"]Yes, the option to go live is there but then I get nothing but black picture.[/quote]As a matter of interest Ian, are you using a VPN? If so, the black screen would suggest the stream has been blocked on the VPN server.

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 29/07/2017 11:00 PM:

lharman7 wrote:

Yes, the option to go live is there but then I get nothing but black picture.

As a matter of interest Ian, are you using a VPN? If so, the black screen would suggest the stream has been blocked on the VPN server.

No I don''t believe I am.

I joined iFollow today and installed the norwich app on both iphone and ipad. I was unable to get the live stream working on both devices even if the old videos and interviews were working fine. I was also in contact with ifollow support and they were not able to help so also pushed me to send an email to their main support. All other live stream apps work on these devices so I am sure the problem is with their service. I shall be demanding the money back if they don''t fix it for next week.

I suspect that it was because pre season game was available anyway on main site and it will be working fine next week for actual season so a bit early to get stressed.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]I joined iFollow today and installed the norwich app on both iphone and ipad. I was unable to get the live stream working on both devices even if the old videos and interviews were working fine. I was also in contact with ifollow support and they were not able to help so also pushed me to send an email to their main support. All other live stream apps work on these devices so I am sure the problem is with their service. I shall be demanding the money back if they don''t fix it for next week.[/quote] As I read the news item on the club website, the first iFollow stream on the mobile app is next week''s season-opening game. Today''s friendly was only available on PC or Mac. Not a great piece of timing to trumpet the arrival of the mobile app just ahead of today''s game when it wasn''t actually being shown on iOS or Android platforms, but it was simply a failure in communication on the club''s part rather than a technical failure on the part of the providers.

Helsinki, sorry to hear about your probs. The Fulham game won''t be on ifollow because it''s the game selected to be shown by other broadcasters next Saturday. Not sure what channels will be showing it, but I would imagine you''ll pick it up either through the internet or TV. Had no problems myself with ifollow, today, either on the laptop or using the android app. Although intiially, I couldn''t figure out where the link for the match was on the website version. First half turned the sound off as it was out of sync with the picture. Second half no problem.

Delighted by the work of Webber and Farke in getting this new look squad together. Only pre-season, I know. Pleasantly surprised by Zimmerman. Having seen Vrancic in a few Bundesliga games, feel he will add so much. I''m going to have to learn to fully concentrate as there are no replays on ifollow during the live. Not so many trips to the kitchen. missed the Brighton goal. Mind you, maybe can go back / rewind from the ''live'' position of the video. I didn''t check.

I guess allowing for coverage of Norwich games by sky and other providers, I would guess that about 35+ will end up available on ifollow. Of course if we are in play-off / promotion contention, more games are going to be selected by other providers.

Westcoast, I got the game on the android app on my phone without any problem. And had it playing on a couple of devices. Still managed to miss Birghton''s goal, though!

[quote user="lharman7"] Yes, the option to go live is there but then I get nothing but black picture.[/quote]I too got the black screen initially when using the Safari browser on my Macbook. I then switched to Chrome and there was no problem. Stream was good, though the camera work and commentary (provided by Brighton?) left a bit to be desired. At the dollar equivalent of £110 for every league match, home and away, this season (less any matches the rights for which have been sold to TV), I''d say it represents great value for us plastics, oops, I mean ex-pats [:D]

[quote user="peter-plastic"]Westcoast, I got the game on the android app on my phone without any problem. And had it playing on a couple of devices. Still managed to miss Birghton''s goal, though![/quote]Looks as if there is an issue with the Safari browser then. I tried  the mobile app on my iPhone and just got the black screen. That''s what made me go back and reread the announcement on the club website, which I understood to say that live streaming on the app wouldn''t be available until the start of the season.Anybody get the stream working using Safari?

Hi all, thanks for your input, I will try chrome next time and await the ifollow response which I will share in this this thread. The guy on the online support was urging me to go to pc and when I asked about IOS version he declined to reply, reckon there maybe some issues on IOS

Here is the response I got:

We are sorry to hear of the issues you have encountered.

Please verify that you are using latest version of the app, by uninstalling and reinstalling the app as follows:

1. Exit the application

2. Delete the app.

3. Power cycle device (turn on/off).

4. Re-install the app from the relevant App Store.

Verify that location services are enabled on your mobile device and test the app on Data and Wi-FI to determine any connection differences.

If you continue to have issues after that, please provide a brief explanation of what you are experiencing and include any errors or messages that you encounter. Please also let us know if this is occurring for all content or just specific/premium content. If just specific/premium content, please include the title/date of that video.

Regards,