Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Matt Jarvis

Matt Jarvis sums up everything about NCFC the last couple of seasons.

Unlucky with injuries he may be, but he was a regular sick-note long before he arrived at Carrow Road.

If the transfer fee of £2.5m is to be believed, then including substitute appearances, each time Jarvis has turned out has cost the club over £100k!!...and that doesn''t even take into consideration his wages....

I''m not sure there is another club throughout the four divisions that would be gullible enough to throw money down the drain.

He''s a good player when fit and had a decent initial loan period - very few complained when we signed him. It is always great to have the benefit of hindsight.

"a decent initial loan period"?

Had a cracking debut, a few bang average performances and then got injured.

I think most were questioning signing him permanently?

Of course Alex Neil reassured us all that Jarvis was a 10 million pound player once upon a time. It also allowed us to bring in another loan signing, Patrick Bamford. Great business.

From what I read most West Ham fans couldn''t believe they actually managed to get a fee for him.

[quote user="unique"]Unlucky with injuries he may be, but he was a regular sick-note long before he arrived at Carrow Road.[/quote]Really?Can you please explain how a regular sick note makes the following apps each season:04/05 - 3005/06 - 3506/07 - 3507/08 - 2808/09 - 2909/10 - 3710/11 - 4111/12 - 3912/13 - 3613/14 - 3514/15 - 1315/16 - 2916/17 - 4Average = 30So over the past 13 seasons, he''s almost consistently played 30+ games a season, with only 2 seasons being significantly lower than this - 14/15 where he was out for nearly 2 months with a hamstring injury (and then had fallen somewhat out of favour), and 16/17 with us where had both a long term knee injury followed by a bad hamstring injury.Yes, he''s been somewhat of a sicknote for us sadly, but someone who plays 30+ games a season consistently cannot be described as being a regular sick note.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]He''s a good player when fit [/quote]Really?How can you tell he''s only ever played one decent game for us.

[quote user="Making Plans"]How can you tell he''s only ever played one decent game for us.[/quote]I suppose that over a decade of playing history is somehow irrelevant...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Making Plans"]How can you tell he''s only ever played one decent game for us.[/quote]I suppose that over a decade of playing history is somehow irrelevant...[/quote]It was with RVW