Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Binners v Birmingham

Already letting kids in free, now giving a thousand tickets to NHS staff at the local hospital. So don''t pay much attention to their attendance, wait for a few games in. Apparently lost 4,000 season ticket holders too.

I see it as a desperate measure to pump up the first gate of the season disguised as a philanthropic gesture.

Why NHS staff? Where does it end? Are they transferable? Is it fair on the fans who have paid for tickets? Have they enough unbroken seats to cope with the rush?

Very, very weird thing to do, imo. Not thought through.

The club and it''s support seem to be totally hung up about their declining gates. It''s also a massive aspect of the inferiority complex they have about our club and indeed Norwich it''s self (there even is a TWTD thread today about Prince of Wales Road no less) which is not helped of course by our usual near maximum sell-outs each home game.

If results go badly on the field there is a very strong liklihood that their gates will dip below 10, 000 this coming season.

Colchester United to replace them as our main rivals any time soon then?

You can''t really blame them with what''s in store for them this season and after how long is it now? 16 seasons in the Championship. Look at the summer we''ve had, then think their marqee signing this summer is Joe Garner, had a look at his record

133 Championship games played in his career 16 goals scored. 2 in 31 in Scotland last year, he''s not exactly a Daryl Murphy physically either. Apart from him they''ve signed a young fullback on loan from Wolves and a midfielder on a free from the worst club in the league last year.

How depressing must that be? Especially after their last season. Think they''ll sack Mick in the winter being lower mid table, bring in someone to get them playing football and drop like a stone and ultimately get relegated

[quote user="Carrow89"]apologies to all, it is not 3-0, it is 4-0 !!!!![/quote]Further apologies, I seem unable to get the town score correct. It is 5-0, apparently.

Good new for the town, they''ve pulled a goal back. The bad news is they have let in another. 6-1.

We''re multitasking Lakey. There''s so much to laugh at if we started a thread for each one the it''d take over the whole front page 😂

I like McCarthy, always have done. Haven''t ever wanted to see him manage us post 2009 but I like him as a person and with what he has to spend there, the support he gets from fans and their board and having to sell any half decent player every year which he never sees a penny off you have to say he''s done a really good job there.

I hope he just walks, all of their problems are down to Evans yet McCarthy takes all the abuse. I rarely hear any of them complain about Evans because he pays towards the debt he helped accumulate. The sooner he leaves the better, can see them doing a Birmingham this year. although being further off the play offs when they sack Mick and eventually relegated under his replacement

There''s a classic thread over on TWTD called........"Can''t wait for this season to end already- and it doesn''t start for another week"[:D] [<:o)]

Had a quick read over there this morning, Lappin you ll like the thread on page 2 re Prince of Wales Road & council estates ha ha apparently Norwich is like Beirut ??

[quote user="Diane"]Had a quick read over there this morning, Lappin you ll like the thread on page 2 re Prince of Wales Road & council estates ha ha apparently Norwich is like Beirut ??[/quote]Noticed it earlier, saw what the bitter and twisted old hag had written. The poison and bile that constantly spews out of her mouth about us is not normal and goes way beyond banter. The kind thing to do would be to have a vet put her down and end her misery.....