Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Today's highlight

Good to see that played back again, managers interview, follows on from the highlights of the game, don''t miss it.

never mind all that, get orf my thread or I''ll set the dawgs on yuhsee if I don''t

That was good top watch again, thanks City 1st, great goal of Watkins and Nelson was unlucky with his effort that hit the post

[quote user="Diane"]That was good top watch again, thanks City 1st, great goal of Watkins and Nelson was unlucky with his effort that hit the post[/quote]I would suggest we will be scoring quite a lot from outsife the box. the idea seems to be instead of floating in a cross the ball his passed across the pitch for the player to have a first time shot.Naismith is a prime example of this, getting his shot in from a central position. I supect we will not see too many goals coming from headers (excluding set pieces).And the clip of Farke''s interview does suggsets he needs to open up a bit - those curt one liners aren''t what the fans want !

I agree with all that, can see our midfielders notching a decent amount of goals this season from as you say outside the box

Still think we need another striker though, if one of our two get injured leaves us no choice

It depends on how we play. At the moment it looks like the idea is to get the ball forward with the least number of passes  and shoot, rather than wait until enough are in the box. Naismith, Watkins, Wildscutt have all shown the can score with the ''first touch'' from outside the box. And we know Oliveira, Jerome, Murphy, Hoolahan (even Martin) certainly can, so the emphasis will be on cloe marking and quick breaking, rather than this static position idea. Take a look at Oliveira''s shot and see how many are ahead of him and what ''formation'' are they supposed to be in.Personally I would like to see us holding back a bit to see what is needed come January. Any signings now will mean they or someone else sitting it out on the bench.A bigger question might be keepers. We have four if you include Mathews and I cannot see how we need more than two, with one on a 24 hour recall. i suspect though that can wait a few more weeks as any clunb need a loan will be able to offer the keeper playing time.