Sign in to follow this  
Bill

A pre season assessment of Fulham

Thanks for that.

Harry''s scribbles from in his bath are revered by the binners. They adore and hang on to his every word. His somewhat limited verbosity has the blue part of Suffolk swooning in admiration, The Suffolk Shakespeare, whereas all he really does is snoop around other websites regurgitating a few selected quotes. Like all ITFC fans he seems more than usually concerned with the opposing fans'' view of their great club.

Fulham fans seem quite downbeat. The new big signing came too late for some and also, hopefully, too late to make much impact on Saturday.

They should be a force this season but reading the comments it is perhaps a good thing to be facing them first off. Neither do I suspect that we ourselves are as disjointed as some of them suspect. Our turnaround has gone remarkably well it would appear and Farke has seemingly gelled together a good unit with decent team spirit, united and up for it.

I see the home team as slight favourites because of the advantage of venue but do not write us off in the slightest way.

My percentages see it as follows:

Home win ... 40%

Draw ... 30%

Away ... 30%

The thread below Our ''Arry''s asks for predictions for the season and I note that quite a few include us in the top six, with two or three forecasting the Canaries for automatics. The Webber/Farke Yellow Revolution having resonated as far as the banks of the Thames it would seem.

I note that a few have ITFC for relegation, the signing of Tom Adeyemi as the last piece of the jigsaw having resonated no further than the banks of the Orwell.

I''m not hopeful regarding the Fulham game, I am in a different place really. They rolled us over at CR in the Spring and were a far superior team, we had one purple patch from memory but they controlled the game. Since then we have had one of the biggest close season transformations in playing and management personnel that I can remember, probably ever when you think of Farke being our first overseas manager and the new football structure and hierarchy. So I do think this will take some time to bed in and while I hope that it will gel straight away I am very sceptical that it will do so in time for one of our toughest fixtures of the season, so I''d have preferred something more straightforward to start with.

Fulham will be a force this year. They''ve held on to their best players, got Kalas back in on loan and made some good additions.

I think we''ll do well this season but I don''t have high hopes for Saturday.

"Harry''s scribbles from in his bath are revered by the binners. They

adore and hang on to his every word. His somewhat limited verbosity has

the blue part of Suffolk swooning in admiration, The Suffolk

Shakespeare, whereas all he really does is snoop around other websites

regurgitating a few selected quotes. Like all ITFC fans he seems more

than usually concerned with the opposing fans'' view of their great club. "Mullett''s match reports are a work of (f)art.Imagine Stuart Hall mixed with William McGonagall, taken to War and Peace length.As to Fulham the jury is out as they say. They could well be another Derby, always the bridesmaid - despite the money spent If we can turn them over with Naismith, Pritchard, Klose and possible Hoolahan missing it will say a lot about our season. Theirs, will have to be seen

I am hopeful that we can get something out of this game. Fulham are certainly a force to be reckoned with but I sense that last season''s propensity for us to implode defensively is largely history. Psychologically the game also favours Norwich too as Fulham will be expected to win this. Pritchard is a certainly a miss but we have quality cover. Also the contest against Brighton showed that we can control the game even against able opponents. This is a close one to call but I would expect us to be worthy opponents to a team that many have tipped for promotion. Three points here would be a massive boost. We have a goal threat from all over the pitch, a better capacity to respond in game to unfolding events and they have everything to lose. There is every reason to think that an away win or draw are very likely outcomes.

The ''Bard of Bath'' covers Norwich City today and his article is filled with quotes from this forum and it''s mostly the negative stuff carefully sifted.

There''s a lot of very positive input about our current situation on the PinkUn forum but he largely neglects it. That apart it is fairly a fairly uncommitted appraisal with no personal comment apparent.

Such silence speaks volumes. He must be concerned.

Unfortunately Fulham are one of our bogey clubs and rarely are bogeys overturned. No matter how well we are playing and no matter how badly they are doing they still stiff us. Coventry City away and Manchester City away are other of our great bogey clubs.

That round up about us read as reasonably fair to me although it did have some of the more trollish posters in there. Slightly odd to recognise a couple of my own quotes in there.

[quote user="king canary"]That round up about us read as reasonably fair to me although it did have some of the more trollish posters in there. Slightly odd to recognise a couple of my own quotes in there.[/quote]I did manage"If you turn up in a Robin Reliant for a Formula One race there is only one person to blame - the one who got behind the wheeel."so at least the binners (Harry in the bath) appreciate my efforts