Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Is women's sport entertaining

So we have the England ladies playing Spain tonight and the England women''s cricket team in a World Cup final.

Anybody going to be watching? I saw the cricket semifinal and really enjoyed watching it and am looking forward to the game today.

I find it harder to watch ladies football because I can''t stop subconsciously comparing the skill levels with the men. I''m sure if I can get over that mental barrier and accept it for what it is I will enjoy it more. Will be giving it a go tonight!

Of course it is! Why wouldn''t it be? The Lionesses were fantastic against Scotland, very skilful indeed. They''ve got a real chance to win the whole thing. Will definitely be watching tonight. They deserve all our support and could teach our overpaid prima-donna men''s team a thing or two about team spirit!

rather like watching a dog walk on two legsnever sure whybut still, it can be interesting to watch

Yeah, it''s just most of us haven''t grown up supporting those specific teams like we have the mens Norwich/England teams. It''s not a sexism thing for most people, as they push the sport more in the media more kids will grow up with it and it''ll become more popular. I always think if I hadn''t got into football as a young kid I wouldn''t be into it now, to me it holds about the same interest as a foreign league as I''m unfamiliar with the history/players/most teams/managers etc

It will be really popular, but probably not for another 10/15 years imo

I''ll watch the cricket, probably won''t watch the football until the later rounds.

Women''s sport is in the process of normalisation now which can only be good for it.

It could have been the GB bias that helped, but the women''s hockey at the Olymipcs was a fantastic watch.

Yes, but it depends. I''ve not interested in Womens football, but notice the last year that is a lot of increased coverage of it by the BBC. Especially on the website. I curious as to why.

Some is ok but given the choice I''d watch mens over women''s sport every time, nothing against it but it isn''t as entertaining in answer to the op

I enjoy watching the womens football, but the lack of atmosphere is noticeable, and commentators are also very forgiving regarding some of the poor play.

Enjoy women''s golf. This is one for Indy, but to me the ladies seem to have much better swings than the men, full and rounded.

[quote user="Van wink"]Enjoy women''s golf. This is one for Indy, but to me the ladies seem to have much better swings than the men, full and rounded.[/quote]You might have something there.Image result for paige spiranac

Been watching the ladies cricket today and England have just ended their innings on 228-7.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]Yes, but it depends. I''ve not interested in Womens football, but notice the last year that is a lot of increased coverage of it by the BBC. Especially on the website. I curious as to why.[/quote]The BBC takes equality seriously -- until it comes to paying their own presenters of course. 

Yes indeed LDC.

Most will go for a more flexible shaft. Delivers an increased head speed.

No it isn''t. If you want to watch sport at that level go and watch men''s village football or cricket.

I listened to an interview with the guy who coached Jessica Ennis some time ago. He said that if he was given the women''s British track and field team for 3 months he could produce a football team that would beat the British ladies team. His view was that football was the last sporting choice for most women and Jessica was a better footballer than all of them.

As John McEnoe said recently, the best female tennis player couldn''t beat the 700th rated man.

Shame on the BBC for promoting women''s sport when it should be reporting on sports that matter. The day after we lost 4-3 at Newcastle the BBC didn''t report on our game but did report on a Woman''s game that was attended by 45,000 fewer people.

The Bin Slayer wrote the following post at 23/07/2017 4:36 PM:

"What has killed woman''s sport has been the developments in recent years of the sports bra"

Many bought by men apparently!

[quote user="Herman"]It could have been the GB bias that helped, but the women''s hockey at the Olymipcs was a fantastic watch.[/quote]

Totally agree.