Sign in to follow this  
thgdhujr trxhj

mckenzie or mcveigh

oo very good question. On top form they are both quality but when they are not full of confidence they can both be fairly useless at times. I am glad i dont have to make that decision but i suppose mcveigh

McKenzie can be annoying at times - head down and run.....always offside....but he will score more goals than McVeigh. On theother hand McVeigh will give the ball away less, but he''s often transparent in games. I''d edge for McKenzie

If we keep Lisbie for three months I think can equal Ashton for goals by the end of his time here, I doubt either Mckenzie or McVeigh would manage this. I also like having another player with pace in the side other than Hucks.

I''d have to go for McVities as he doesn''t give the ball away and probably doesn''t annoy the others as much. I did notice Ashton using colourful language after a perfect ball played through to McKenzie which was blasted many many miles away from the goal. But then what goes against McVeigh is his inability to run constantly which is something Worthy doesn''t like. No doubt when McKenzie is fit he''ll be straight in the team missing chance after chance.

McKenzie -

Tries really hard, has the touch of a rhino, can''t stay onside, can''t pass, will score given the chance.

McVeigh -

Doesn''t try that hard, great touch and vision, can stay onside, can dribble, will score if given the chance, will make a chance on his own.

McVeigh every time please.

And who the hell said "McKenzie has been in the team longer"??? Where were you before Dec 2003?!

[quote]If we keep Lisbie for three months I think can equal Ashton for goals by the end of his time here, I doubt either Mckenzie or McVeigh would manage this. I also like having another player with pace in ...[/quote]

I would be nice, and I hope it happens, but have you seen his scoring record? Its pretty abysmal for a striker.
That said, having watched him at the Plymouth game I couldn''t understand why. Had the ball in the net with his first sniff of the ball and seemed like a pacey player who should be a hassle to most defences.
Lets hope its just all been bad luck for the lad and the Norwich shirt proves the ultimate lucky charm.

As for the original question, McVeigh over McKenzie on current form (but then its difficult to have good form if you''re injured)
I''d start Lisbie but for McVeigh''s excellent commitment since being selected. He knows if he has a mare that Lisbe is waiting, just as eager to impress.
Its harsh on Lisbe having been brought here expecting games, but I think his time will come.

Whos going tomorrow night btw? Finally managed to get a ticket on general sale in the lower Barclay - about the first time in 12 months or more.
Kick it off....!!!

Depends whether WLY has to score goals as currently his strike rate is not great.  However his performances WITH Ashtonhave been excellent and against Plymouth it has looked the best ashton partnership so far - linking with Ashton in the way Beardsley did with lineker.

Leon runs hard but is too dependent on confidence but will scorem ore than WLY.

WLY with Ashton (and ahead of lisbie) for me - always that touch of class and footballer in my selections rather than just a good runner you see

OTBC