Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

How much better was it to score last ?

Today''s result feels like a win, as we grabbed a goal near the end and also grabbed a point. I''m sure if it had been the other way round this forum would be full of fans telling us how City can''t hold onto a lead, we chucked it all away, wrong substitutions etc. A case of either being over the moon, or sick as a parrot. Depending on who scores first, I suppose.

Good that we scored last, but what was more encouraging for me was the way we grabbed control of the match in the second half, through the substititions and alteration of tactics to a shorter ball style game.  So good from the coach and the players able to adapt. Savvy and match aware.....and we got something from the game.

I think the latter was more a case of Fulham sitting back in the last third of the game. They certainly were not palying as fast and direct as the earlier game. However ypu still have to be able to expliot tha, which we did. On another day chances and the penalty decision would have given us a win. But the pont being it now feels like a victory given how late our goal was in coming. Fulham will feel it is dropped points. Chance missed etc