Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Fulham v Norwich Match Thread.

Game being dictated by the two right wing backs on the pitch

4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 needed for 2nd half. Pinto on, or shift Martin out there

All a bit familiar - spurn 4 or 5 chances, give away a soft goal!

Doesn''t seem that Jerome has been that involved

Wildchut has been immense, should be sitting on 4 assists but for some wasteful finishing. On this evidence we need another left back though

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Was that part of his new contract, goal bonus?[/quote]To be fair he''s made a couple of good passes from the right wing, one to Marley Watkins to enable a shot and now to Wildschut that enabled a pass to Maddison to shoot.  We''re playing well IMO.

Anyone blaming Martin for that goal is an idiot. I have seen Ramos, Pique, Hummels, Boateng, Bonucci all score own goals exactly the same. Its bad luck not bad defending. Any other player on the pitch did that and it would be ''bad luck, it happens''

How many managers have deemed him good enough for our side? I side with them over most of the posters on here...

I give up. Critical analysis after 40 minutes. We have done OK and the football is pleasing on the eye. Better finishing and we can win this.

I can''t see how we are losing this. Absolutely wasteful in front of goal. If Watkins wants to keep that position his finishing needs to be much better. Wildchut by far our best player and should be on 4 assists. Maddison has been lightweight and had little impact. Zimmerman looks very promising and Husband very poor.

If we can take our next chance I''m fancying 3 points here

Fulham carving us up in that half 
Weren''t we doing the same to them? Four good chances spurned.

I''m so sick of seeing us done so many times at Craven Cottage by simple looped balls over the top. Doesn''t matter the teams or managers it''s the same every farking time! Loop a soft ball over our full back and run, usually results in a goalscoring chance at this ground, the curse is real guys.

We look decent by our first day standards to be honest. This system is obviously designed to be played at a high tempo but we''re just not there yet. This Fulham team were already one of the best in the league and have been together a whole year under a really good manager. I''m happy enough so far, our problems have been from making poor decisions so far, we''ll iron these mistakes out

Zimmerman and Wildschutt have proven better than most would have thought. Gunn has been excellent. Another day we would be one up on chnaces. Pinto, Naismith, Pritchard and Murphy to return. All who should be first choice. One own goal. Plenty of chances so all to play for.

Absolute cracker of a game! Baptism of fire for Zimmerman & Franke - Zimmer a revelation. Their wing backs are different class though.

Bit disappointed with Marley & Mario. Also perhaps more of a game for Tettey instead of Maddison. Husband OK, just being done for pace; their pace is pulling us apart at times.

Lots of long punts to Jerome from Gunn - suspect it''s deliberate; I suspect Farke knew they''d expect us to build from the back, & they''ve got the players to stop that.

If only Yanic had his shooting boots on! Apart from that he''s been superb.

Hang on in there Norwich!

Yanic has been excellent, would be nice to see him come good. Zimmerman also surprisingly strong....Shane about Husband, looks by far weakest of the new signings.

Need Oliveira on, Have to feel if one of our 4 good chances had fallen to him we''d be level.

Early days yet and team will take time to settle, us fans need to give them that time!

Typical and Predictable so far.

Actually really like the look Vranic

Its clear from 45 minutes football that Husband isn''t the answer.

Also, we miss a cutting edge.

Yanic started well but needs to stop shooting and do what he''s good at!

Not surprised by yanic as he looked very good against Cardiff on his first game. Worried about husband but we have home grown alternatives. Zimmerman is great news. Only 45 minutes played though!

All things considered I''d consider it an acceptable result if we didn''t concede another goal.

This would mean we have a chance of a result and even losing 1 - 0 would leave plenty to build on for a newly constructed side.

Is Yanic injured? Or sacrificed for 4-4-2?