Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Fulham v Norwich Match Thread.

So here''s our first competitive starting 11 under Daniel Farke. Let''s hope we get off to a great start, this is possibly the most difficult fixture we could start the season with IMO. Anyway, OTBC!

City XI vs Fulham: Gunn; Martin (c), Zimmermann, Franke; Wildschut, Reed, Husband; Vrancic, Maddison; Watkins; Jerome. #ncfc

5 at the back then. Thought he might start Tettey - evidently not too worried about MF security! Hope he''s right.

Happy with that. I''d maybe have gone Nelson for Cam but then again I think they want that outlet if Fulham come strong. Nice to have some options on the bench with Nelson, Tetty, Murphy and Wes all capable of making an impact!

YET ANOTHER MANAGER picks Russell Martin in his starting line-up. [:@]Why can''t they see he is useless. Why don''t they ever listen to us fans? [:@] [:@] [:@]

Will be v interesting. Basically an entire new team. Can''t ever recall such a revolution from one season to the next. Only two regulars from last term. Will it have gelled in time..........?

Funny that 😊

Actually don''t think he will do when everyone is fit.

Pleased with line up. Personally would have preferred Oli but not a big issue. Good to see some more strength to the subs bench even though it''s probably too early for much of an impact for most.

I think this score line could be anything. It''s hard not to see goals going in at both ends. I''m going for a 3-3 draw

[quote user="birchfest"]Happy with that. I''d maybe have gone Nelson for Cam but then again I think they want that outlet if Fulham come strong. Nice to have some options on the bench with Nelson, Tetty, Murphy and Wes all capable of making an impact![/quote]With a midfield three that is (very roughly) two-thirds attacking Farke probably thought Jerome was the safer choice. Interesting how Wildschut has played himself into being a starter, at least for now.

Anyone just hear the absolute garbage the panel on Sky''s Soccer Saturday just came out with about Norwich?

Steve Cotterill: "I''m amazed they let Jonny Howson go. A good young English player". Erm, he wanted to leave. And he''s 29.

Iain Dowie: "They let Ryan Bennett go. A good leader in the dressing room."

Neil Mellor: "I''m surprised they went for Farke when there are some big name managers who would have wanted the job." What, the same big name managers who are sitting next to you on that panel today after failing elsewhere.

The best one was Tony Cottee: "Norwich''s problem last season was scoring goals. They need to solve that problem. Cameron Jerome doesn''t always cut it and Oliveira is inconsistent." WE WERE JOINT TOP SCORERS IN THE DIVISION LAST SEASON! AND THIRD WORST DEFENCE!

I''d rather they just ignored us and said nothing at all.

Totally agree with you TAR. Cottee''s comments are a classic example of a pundit asked to comment without a clue what he is commenting on.

The general tone of these ''experts'' was that we might as well give up now. They are so knowledgeable that it explains why they are sitting in a studio rather than being in a club job.

No one , outside the Club, seems to be taking us seriously. That is fine by me. If they say nothing about us, then that is fine also, but when they come out with carp like that, they just make themselves look stupid, because everyone, who have a modicum of football knowledge can see right through it all, apart from the numbnuts, who can''t scratch the surface.

This stream is working fine

http://www.usagoals.me/c/football/2139366/5/fulham-vs-norwich-city-live-stream/

Commentator seems to think it is all Fulham but we have missed three gilt edged chances.