Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

A great performence

Team looked good today,with great enthusiasm and energy for the whole game.fitness levels at last have been worked on, and we looked sharper in attack. Very encouraging indeed for the coming months ahead.

Agreed - thought it was an excellent attacking game from both teams and a good advertisement for the quality in the championship.

We looked organised although there full backs were causing a lot of problems.

Only concern really is left back position but hope it''s just that Husband is getting up to the required match fitness.

Interesting to see if Tettey is here come end of August as I see Vrancic and Reed as first choice midfield pairing

Yes at times the defence was under pressure but for an away game to a top six side first game,great job.

Excellent effort all round, pleased for Yanic who I thought looked excellent going forward.

I think most people are content with yesterdays performance but for those that aren''t here''s something to put our team into a bit of perspective;Gunn:  League debutMartin: Experienced, but carrying an injury/injection in footZimmermann: English league debutFranke: English league debutWildschut: Experienced, but playing a newish role.Husband: A handful of Champs gamesReed: A handful of Prem games.Vrancic: English league debut.Maddison: 3 Champs games.Watkins: 1 Champs season.Jerome: Higly experienced.Farke: English league debut.

7 new players, new formation, lots of injuries, new manager, away to a top 6 team.

I didn''t see the game so can''t comment on performances but it is tough to be anything other than pleased with the result.

Yes, it was a really good performance all round. There were times where last season''s defensive frailties were creeping back in. I would argue that the problems in the fullback/wingback areas were caused by lack of cover from the midfield because we were committing too many players forward.The good news is that the manager saw the problem and changed the system to fix it.With players coming back from injury (and Naismith form suspension) and the squad continuing to adapt to their roles in the new system, things are only likely to improve with time. Fulham away is one of our toughest fixtures this season. A draw is a good result away at any of the promotion contenders. How well we do in the league will depend on our home form and winning away against some of the lesser teams.