Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Stuart Webber hates plastics

[quote user="Woodman"]Its not Archant, Butler and Goreham are BBC journalists.[/quote]They''re ''presenters'' not journalists.

There lies the difference, they are presenters of a radio show. As for who initiated him being on there, maybe Chris/Rob asked the club if he could ring in or make an appearance and he agreed??

Chris Goreham is Radio Norfolk''s Sports Editor - he is a journalist who is also a presenter.

Rob Butler goes to the press conferences and has press access to football games - these credentials will only be given to people who are registered journalists.

[quote user="Diane"]Out of interest Bethnal, did you come to our recent forum, you could have asked him your questions there or chatted to him at the end?[/quote]Playing devil''s advocate though, even if he had attended, so much has changed in the last three weeks, that new questions would have been raised anyway.That event was the day before the Franke signing, and before Jacob Murphy had left, and arguably some of our recruitment was dependent on how well certain players performed in the friendlies. We''ve gone from a state of flux to a point where the squad should be fairly settled, whilst still needing a few extra bodies.It''s a shame that the final two minutes of the show finally asked the pertinent questions of what positions were we still looking to recruit for. But left no time for any follow up or discussion.

My apologies SPD, I was thinking about Mustard. Of, course Archant has the highest journalistic standards in regional media and recognised nationally for their integrity, intelligent and thoughtful articles.

I hope this is enough grovelling to prevent a ban?

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]My apologies SPD, I was thinking about Mustard. Of, course Archant has the highest journalistic standards in regional media and recognised nationally for their integrity, intelligent and thoughtful articles.

I hope this is enough grovelling to prevent a ban?[/quote]That''s more like it.

Rock The Boat wrote:

My apologies SPD,

Must surely lose points for getting your name wrong SDP? 😋😋😋

[quote user="Greavsy"]Rock The Boat wrote:

My apologies SPD,

Must surely lose points for getting your name wrong SDP? 😋😋😋[/quote]

Good spot Greavsy lol

Great assumption there 48/49 that because BYG could not attend a fans forum on a Thursday night because of work he does not go to games.

Loved the bit where Rob Butler started talking about getting women''s football to Carrow road because muh equality. Well and truly living up to the thick rimmed glasses and beard look.Would be interesting to see how many Norwich City ladies games he''s gotten too recently.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Rock The Boat wrote:

My apologies SPD,

Must surely lose points for getting your name wrong SDP? 😋😋😋[/quote]I''ve not worked on the sports desk for years now so I''ll let him off.

Well personally I''ll see where we are 12 games into this season.......before I decide to either continue being a synthetic supporter or to DE plasticise myself.......Until then, Mello Airfix/Revell/Tamiya Yello will watch with great interest to see if Mr Stuart Webber isn''t actually real imitation PVC and prove to one and all, that he can truly talk the talk and walk the walk.......SW has got to prove he''s the man, otherwise I''ll just continue driving my cute Yellow an'' Green Dream Machine Robin Reliant ''Le Plastique Pig'' in and around this fine city and forum......."Toot Toot!"

[quote user="Diane"]I don''t often disagree with Purple and Bethnal but do on this one.

The Scrimmage is a fun informal show and I thought that Chris asked all the right questions as the chat went on, also bringing some fun into it.

I thought the show was great, thought Stuart came over as honest, driven, confident and refreshing not sure what you two expected tbh.

Really love how just lately no less that 4 fans groups/blog sites have recently been given access to the likes of Stuart, Tom Smith and also our team captain.

Our club has opened all lines of communications with us fans, we are lucky, doesn''t happen anywhere else.

Out of interest Bethnal, did you come to our recent forum, you could have asked him your questions there or chatted to him at the end?[/quote]Diane, I have never heard The Scrimmage so I don''t know what it is normally like. But this was Radio Norfolk''s two Norwich City experts (for good or ill!) given 50 minutes (as said before is an absolute eternity in radio time) to interview someone who is overseeing a revolution at the club. Some matey stuff is fine but there should also have been some hardball questioning and follow-ups if need be. It doesn''t sound as if the interview was any more challenging than Webber would get on the official site.

[quote user="Diane"]Have you actually listened to it Purple ? lol[/quote]Diane, I would love to say of course I haven''t listened to it![:D] But, no, I did waste[:|] 50 minutes of my life waiting for one remotely hard question or pointed follow-up. Such as when Webber''s first, long, answer begged various questions about how the club had been managed before he turned up, or when he referred specifically to an "issue" on tour. But those two had the journalistic instincts of not very bright fence-posts, and seemed quite oblivious.[S]

I think you do Chris Goreham who did most of the talking an injustice Purple but lets agree to disagree lol

Scouring through twitter it seems the majority thought it was a 50 min well worth spent , I certainly though so

But what did he say about WUMs with multiple accounts and an unhealthy Paul Lambert obsession?

The show stuck rather rigidly to its typical format.

There is an element of triviality to show and presenters.

There was an element of presenters and show being grateful at Webber''s presence.

Neither presenter is unduly weighted with intellectual baggage.

Webber understandably had his own agenda for the media.

Parma