Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Zimmerman

I think when we signed him Farke mentioned he shouldn''t expect to be a starter for a while.

Thought he looked very good today and some excellent reading of the game allowed him to make a couple of vital interceptions. Obviously being a big lad his presence helps too.

Sorry to hear about the usual suspect. Did certain players did ok though?😜

Liked that Zimmerman said that the draw didn''t feel like a win. I never do either. Question for you guys who went.. how did Zimmerman compare to Bennett?

Whilst Zimmerman and Franke were both good today, it''s early days and it isn''t possible for anyone to judge on one performance.

As for Martin and Husband, they simply lacked protection and were outnumbered most of the time. It''s clearly an area to address - we seriously need to find a way of protecting the wide areas a bit better.

I watched the game in full hd legally in Greece. Zimmerman was at a level that we haven''t seen at City for a whirl. Both Germans were very good as midfield protection was lacking. Last 20 minutes was fantastic from Norwich with the ball being recycled from the back to maintain the pressure that led to the late goal.

We may not play against such a high quality team that often this season.

If Zimmerman had not played so well we would be talking about a solid performance from our new CB. I look forward to seeing him on his natural side. A back three needs more cover from the channels though. I thought Reed put in a good shift as well though Fulham attacked rapidly and moved the ball quickly.

Thought Zimmerman was different class, and Franke was good, Martin was isolated quite a bit as Fulham attacked with pace and numbers. Husband was a concern, was beaten for pace time and again, thought he was nervous, LB is still a position that needs a solution, imo

Zimmerman was very good and franke also played well. I thought Martin was okay as well. Husband was a worry though. As others have said I doubt we''ll play many teams as good as Fulham away this season. Delighted with the point

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Thought Zimmerman was different class, and Franke was good, Martin was isolated quite a bit as Fulham attacked with pace and numbers. Husband was a concern, was beaten for pace time and again, thought he was nervous, LB is still a position that needs a solution, imo[/quote]

Ditto all the above...

Slightly OT but mentioned in the thread, even with my dodgy stream Fulham seemed to get up the park to within a threatening position much quicker then us.

We seem to build much slower but then again they did get caught out with a sucker punch at the end, so for now I''m still with Farke!

To be fair Farke''s style is to build much slower although that wasn''t hugely apparent in this game - there wasn''t tremendous amounts of style to our play although you could see the blueprints Farke is trying to apply. It''s going to take time for players to feel totally comfortable playing that way when they''re being pressed by quick forward players.