Sign in to follow this  
Dorset Canary

Marco Stiepermann Signs!

"All that from 1 game.

Could you show me a link to this guys"good solid write up" please as like I said I''ve never heard of him. Would be nice to see what we''ve got. Cheers.2

It''s not just one game is it? We had a pre-season and that ''one game'' was one of the toughest tests we will be presented with this season.

I was enjoying a pre-match drink with a couple of Fulham fans/friends. They expected an easy victory and the way they were talking up their team aka last season''s performances put the frighteners up me, which the opening quarter did not allay. During the post match drink they spoke more about NCFC and concluded the result was fair.

Re: Stiepermann, there is a link a few posts up which I view as a solid appraisal of the player, along with various YouTube clips and any amount of other commentary which I am sure you are able to research for yourself as I and others have managed to do.

But hey! Let''s not be just a little bit upbeat as we have absolutely no reason to be at the moment after all.

I Feel we need one more striker Oliveria would be my number one but i feel we need a pacey striker also

also Jerome works hard runs all day but when we have chances and are in control of games we have to score

we got a point yesterday which is fantastic but with better finishing we could of won that was the 1st game but we need to put our chances away when we have spells away from home and feel Jerome needs to many

Herman wrote the following post at 2017-08-06 8:56 PM:

Anybody think we could do with another forward?

Certainly could I believe. Should one of Jerome or Oliveira get an injury, or god forbid both do, then we have no cover. I don''t think Watkins or Wildschut could fill such a void, so another one needed for me.

Inch High aka Incy, most of the stuff on YouTube seems to be around 2/3 years old apart from maybe the odd goal/moment... YouTube his name, stuff comes up.I should think they have done their homework as this guys name has been on the scene a little while so no doubt they will be confident of the signing.BroadstairsR, I agree they have made some very good signings and as I just mentioned I''m sure they have done their homework and Farke will know how to bring the best out of him.Re Fulham attack I agree they did look sharp and we did well not to let them score, I expect them to be the divisions Huddersfield this year i.e established last year and should come to full strength in this one.We came away with a draw with a new team who should grow stronger in time, I agree with what you say many teams should struggle to stop Fulham scoring... Especially at home.I have good faith in the new management team so Marco will hopefully deliver... OTBC

Norfolkngood & City 2nd, as previously mentioned, do you not think the Belguim guy could fill in for injuries/suspensions up front?Hopefully he will get a good run out against Swindon and management will learn more about him in a competitive environment.

Cheers. Broadstairs is a little tetchy tonight? I did indeed head straight to youtube and found a whole pile of 3 year old videos and on google some guy in Germany who feels we''ve been done. Just fancied reading something positive about our new player whom as said twice already,I''ve never heard of.

We clearly need another left back because Husband is not up to it although Lewis does admittedly look promising.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]We clearly need another left back because Husband is not up to it......[/quote]And you can tell this after one game?Were you there Jim?

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Cheers. Broadstairs is a little tetchy tonight? I did indeed head straight to youtube and found a whole pile of 3 year old videos and on google some guy in Germany who feels we''ve been done. Just fancied reading something positive about our new player whom as said twice already,I''ve never heard of.[/quote]We''re talking about a guy who at 17/18 was making the odd substitute appearance for Jurgen Klopp''s Borussia Dortmund. So whilst he had great potential, never really lived up to it, and ended up bouncing around the Bundesliga 2. The reports are that he''s got class, but is inconsistent. Moving from a number 10, to holding midfield, and to left back probably hasn''t helped him.We were looking for a midfielder with physical presence, and he''s 26 and 6'' 2", and even if we paid a million for him, that doesn''t buy you anything in the English/Spain/French/Italian leagues.Arguably it''s a calculated risk, but we seem to be doing okay with our Germans so far.

He''s not played left back for any of the clubs he''s played at since 2011, so I really doubt he''s been brought in to play there tbh.He is quite versatile however, having played across almost all of the midfield positions, but generally favouring either a central/attacking role, or on the right side.

wing back option for Ivo?

as rem sung

I am

I am

I am Stiepermann

& I can do anything

I am

I am

I am Stiepermann

& I make Canaries Sing

Thankyou Icecream snow. Thus far I''m happy with our German contingent. Now we just need a third option up front IMO

Nice one ZLF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkM1pTmlhYI

Coincidentally I''m on a bit of a REM jag at the moment. They were a superb band (although this track is far from their best!).

agreed - far from their best but very catchy. An early track before they exploded onto the world a couple of albums later and not one they wrote; if i recall properly was only a bonus nugget on an album.

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]Norfolkngood & City 2nd, as previously mentioned, do you not think the Belguim guy could fill in for injuries/suspensions up front?Hopefully he will get a good run out against Swindon and management will learn more about him in a competitive environment.[/quote]

Do you mean Fonkeu? I don''t think he''s signed officially. Doubt we can play triallists in the cup game.

In the last 10 or so games at the end of 16/17 he played as a left wing back for Bochum. There is quite the debate in Germany over whether this is a stupid deal or a smart one.

He has considerable talent, and few deny that, just he has struggled to produce regularly - his versatility has probably been a little bit of his downfall as he has never really excelled in one position it seems.

I reminded that he was regarded highly at Dortmund in the number 10 role back in 2010/11, but then Kagawa and Gotze turned up and he was moved on. Interesting to see what he is like and where he plays, but I suspect he is here to cover a number of positions and will be mainly an option from off the bench.