Sign in to follow this  
Dorset Canary

Marco Stiepermann Signs!

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2017/august/marco-stiepermann-signs/

Says he can play No 10, left back or DM!

Maybe Fenway Frank was right and he does wear a cape and his pants on the outside of his shorts lol.

Am optimistic this will be a good signing, I know they only show the good bits on YouTube but he does look a strong unit.

Good numbers in the middle of the park now and supposedly some decent versatility.

Yes Hogesar, agree.

Now the big question to all... Is this enough or maybe one more CB to help RM cover Pinto when inured, Pinto can pick a couple up during the course of a season?

I reckon we''re done Dorset. Imagine Wildshut and Martin can cover that right hand side.

Too many German players and if Farke one or another way failed ,very soon most of them will try to go out from club too.

Obvious think is that English market is very overpraised but still 7-8 Germans is too much imo.

Fingers crossed dressing room to be settled and in good mood after all this new German import.

[quote user="hogesar"]I reckon we''re done Dorset. Imagine Wildshut and Martin can cover that right hand side.[/quote]

I think alot depends on how often we''re planning to play 3 cb''s.

Also whether anyone potentially is on the way out, maybe behind the scenes someone might be hankering after a move.

I''d like to see a legitimate third option upfront but maybe that will be the Fonkue chap from Brugge.

So for me if things are to stay squad wise as they are i''d like to see a CB and Fonkue. Apart from that we look pretty well covered.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel): Yes good shout re full back, LB?hogesar: RB covered with Wildshut & RM.Yes good point, prob not ideal but covered.Herman: Forwards covered with Jerome & Oliveira & Watkins as backup plus kids?Am thinking LB and we could cover the rest with a good shout & maybe address the midfield general Jan/next year???Yellow Beagle: Are you thinking more a CB than LB, or maybe the best they can get in either?

[quote user="Boris"]Too many German players and if Farke one or another way failed ,very soon most of them will try to go out from club too.

Obvious think is that English market is very overpraised but still 7-8 Germans is too much imo.

Fingers crossed dressing room to be settled and in good mood after all this new German import.[/quote]Although it feels more, only 4 are from Germany, and the majority are still from the British Isles.

19 yellow cards in his last 61 league games suggests he might be a Tettey replacement. He has featured all across the midfield but played the majority of last season at CM. On paper he seems a good addition.

Michael Bailey seems to think we might have one more coming in, which would have to either be a defender or a striker I imagine,

Dorset. I''m thinking the guy Raggett from lincoln would be ideal, apparently had a very good game yesterday. I''m never convinced by R Martin at CB and last season Klose (he might also be one of those potentially itching for a move at a guess) didnt look great in the champs, a young CB desperate to make his mark when he has a chance would be great. Of course if we arnt going to play with 3 CB''s often then were probably decently covered.

LB wise, does anyone know how experienced Stiepermann is at LB as it says he can play there in the main article.

[quote user="Boris"]Too many German players and if Farke one or another way failed ,very soon most of them will try to go out from club too.

Fingers crossed dressing room to be settled and in good mood after all this new German import.[/quote]We currently have four German players: Zimmerman, Franke, Trybull and Stiepermann, and Vrancic is a Bosnian with German citizenship.Trybull is on a one year deal, and with Zimmerman coming from the German fourth tier on a free, I doubt he''s on much money at all.

Yellow Beagle: Forgot about Raggett, yes good shout bed him in them maybe release Klose in Jan if not favoring an auto spot.Can''t see Stiepermann being that experienced at LB, probably cover at best... But who knows, personally so far I think Webber & Farke have unearthed some absolute gems! Yes they may not all work out but for what we''ve laid out am sure we will be quids in if we need to sell any

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="Boris"]Too many German players and if Farke one or another way failed ,very soon most of them will try to go out from club too.

Fingers crossed dressing room to be settled and in good mood after all this new German import.[/quote]We currently have four German players: Zimmerman, Franke, Trybull and Stiepermann, and Vrancic is a Bosnian with German citizenship.Trybull is on a one year deal, and with Zimmerman coming from the German fourth tier on a free, I doubt he''s on much money at all.[/quote]

To be fair Icecream, i think he''s probably suggesting they might get into the changing rooms early put their towels on the favorite benches before going back to bed.

Yes the Germans and their towels lol, hope this works<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nzHihXOiNqk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trust the german experiment is more successful than our dabbles with Dutch players could it be any worse? From yesterday german CB''s far more adept than previous.

Luckily we don''t have any swimming pools or sunbeds in the Carrow Road area

Just found this on FB, seems this guy in Germany doesn''t think he will be one of the better German signings... Hopefully Farke can get him back to his best!

http://readnorwich.com/2017/08/06/jonny-walsh-qa-getting-to-know-marco-stiepermann/

I''ll be honest,I''ve never heard of him.

It could be that we''ve tapped a rich vein here.

All the German signings (and Vrancic) seem to have been well researched and come with a good solid write up.

The only one I had some doubts about was young Zimmermann but he''s been Farke''s stalwart so far, has been introduced into the fray prematurely by all accounts and looked totally at ease with the task yesterday.

That Fulham attacking prowess is one of the best in the league and is well known to be full of goals. After weathering the initial storm they were handled well by players and coach alike and not many teams will restrict them to one goal at Craven Cottage this season.

We rode our luck on occasions, but so did they.

After 5 - 10 minutes I thought that we were in for a trouncing. We finished the game the strongest side and could have won it.

A nice, steady competent start which allays many of the concerns naturally held about the coaching staff''s and many of the player''s ability to handle the best the Championship will have to offer.

All that from 1 game.

Could you show me a link to this guys"good solid write up" please as like I said I''ve never heard of him. Would be nice to see what we''ve got. Cheers.