Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Where was the captain??

I am not a Martin basher, the thing that stood out for me most today though re Martin was his absence by the touch line when Nelson lost his cool.

Surely that''s the captain''s job, as the managers voice on the pitch, to have a word with Nelson and keep him in check there, not leave it to the relatively raw Josh to pull him back pitchwards?

Otherwise happy. Thought it was a bit naughty from Oliveira, well handled by Farke.

So it was naughty from Oliviera but the thread is to have a pop at Russell Martin for not being there to stop him? Jesus our support is special

You should change your name from crazy Eddie to moron Eddie

Perhaps Martin was slightly p***ed off, as he was hoping he had scored the match winning goal?

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]This whole Oliviera thing is only an issue if people choose to make it one, as certain blue-tick city fans on twitter are.[/quote]

The Sun newspaper correspondents views are about as relevant as the later K in knife

Russell Martin was too busy attending to other scapegoat duties. He''d already purposefully scored an own goal so his haters would have a good day.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]I am not a Martin basher, the thing that stood out for me most today though re Martin was his absence by the touch line when Nelson lost his cool.

Surely that''s the captain''s job, as the managers voice on the pitch, to have a word with Nelson and keep him in check there, not leave it to the relatively raw Josh to pull him back pitchwards?

Otherwise happy. Thought it was a bit naughty from Oliveira, well handled by Farke.[/quote]I''m not a Martin Bashir either but this guy ishttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bashir

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]So it was naughty from Oliviera but the thread is to have a pop at Russell Martin for not being there to stop him? Jesus our support is special

You should change your name from crazy Eddie to moron Eddie[/quote]

Was this really necessary? I hadn''t posted on here for over a decade and just remembered why. Full of people all too willing to insult their fellow fans.

My point was about the role of the captain, not Martin specifically, as I believe I made abundantly clear.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Russell Martin was too busy attending to other scapegoat duties. He''d already purposefully scored an own goal so his haters would have a good day.[/quote]Don''t forget that he deliberately failed to get a penalty. [:D]

Seriously think this through though. What on Earth could RM have done? He would have been flattened by Oliviera , and that was presuming (which is what you have done) that RM knew exactly what was going to happen, once the goal went in. You are absolving any blame on Oliviera, and putting it all on the Capt. These are grown men, and are responsible for their own actions.

It''s not the Captain''s responsibility (no matter what you think) to stop all possible incidents. Oliviera knew what he was going to do, and there was no stopping him, in the middle of a goal , two minutes from the end, celebration.

This is a non incident.

I''d be happy for Martin to always be first over when a player does that in front of the bench as that would mean he''s on the bench which is where I''d prefer him to be 👍🏻

Just to be clear, crabby, I am not absolving Oliveira of any blame, I said it was naughty in my original post, I am also not having a pop at Martin, but implying it should have been the Captain talking him down not Murphy (also in my original post). Will people kindly stop inventing what I said?

Everyone disagrees. I get it. Is there a way I can just close this thread now?