Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Stick or twist squad for Swindon?

Do we try and build off the momentum of the late equaliser or mix it up a bit to keep the side fresh for Sunderland?

Personally I''d like to see the team that finished the game today get at least 45 (provided Wes is up for it) to see how well they push on! Hopefully some game time for Pinto too...

Given our injury concerns, I would imagine we will be taking very few risks with the first team players who are fit. Can''t see many of the senior squad playing, except Naismith to keep his minutes up whilst he''s suspended, and maybe Pinto/Murph to get them some minutes after their injuries..

If we play same team we go through, confidence up and we all, fans, players, manager finally start a cup run.

I think we will see McGovern in goal, although possibly Jones.

I think Wes will feature, and possibly pinto to get minutes in the tank, so maybe an hour each.

Oliveria (subject to any disciplinary action - that I personally wouldn''t agree with) may feature too.

Husband too, as I''m reading he is short of match fitness, plus Murphy too.

Not sure of the rest, but I''ll be there, and looking forward to football back at the carra!

Would like to see Franke and Zimmermann in defence again, if Martin had a knock he should be rested but playing CB isn''t the most exhaustive position and it can''t hurt if they build up an understanding.

Think we need to wrap Zimmermann in cotton wool after yesterdays performance, was immense.

For me, team would be;

McGovern

Pinto

Godfrey

Franke

Toffolo/Lewis if fit

Murphy

Tettey

Vrancic/Reed/Maddison..????

Wes

Wildschut

Oliviera

Keep the whole bench from Saturday on the bubble.

can see Ivo getting a run out, and would say to Nelson that as he wants to start then he does in this game.

Beyond that I hope we see Trybull and Stiepermann and some of the u23s.

Do not expect to see Wes play, his fitness is there and Sat showed that he is match ready. If there is one player who should get upset at not starting its him. There is no more creative and influential player in the league, let alone this squad.

Stiepermann will hopefully get a run out. He''s a good signing, mark my words...

I agree with the comments about the central defence. Zimmermann was good saturday , Franke solid enough too so I would get them out "gelling" their partnership again.

Farke suggesting no wholesale changes in his press conference. Reckon we''ll see Godfrey in for Martin and, unless he''s given Oliveira an internal suspension, he might start.

He also suggested that he''s happy with Watkins and Murphy as alternative strikers - not sure I agree with that.