Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Naismith return?

I know Naismith has one more match to miss, but does his ban include this week''s cup match, meaning he will be available for Sunderland?

Thanks Lessingham, I know the pink un would come up quicker than Google!

Not sure who will play Tues as hard to say so early on who is first choice, etc. Will leave that for the other thread already on the subject tho.

Thanks again.

I did wonder if we''d let him go on a free to Rangers.Midfield''s looking pretty crowded with Reed, Tettey, Trybull, Stiepermann, Vrancic, Hoolahan, Madison, Pritchard (when fit), Watkins, Murphy, Wildschut and Watkins.

Yep theee match ban ending on the 8th.

I hope that Naismith has a big season for us. I can see him fitting in well with our style of play.

Greavsy, can''t say for certain but I was also under the impression he''d be available for Sunderland... I know he had an impressive preseason would he have made a difference at Fulham?

The strength of the bench on Sat, despite the injuries and suspensions just showed how much we have progressed this summer.

Add in the likes of Pritchard Klose and Naismith and that point looks excellent and good reason to be optimistic for a decent season

True and I cannot ever remember when we have had such an expensive unavailable/injury list.

The combined cost of Naismith, Klose, Pritchard and Pinto must surely have been well in excess of £25m and we still managed a very creditable draw at one of the favoured sides this season.

Our Premier League excursions have not been entirely wasted then as we have been able to deal at these levels, retain a valuable squad and run an extremely healthy youth policy both with the Academy and youngsters bought in from elsewhere.

Long may it last.

True Broadstairs - and if we can get good seasons out of Naismith and Klose that lead to promotion then they won''t be seen as wasted fee''s!

I agree, Naismith has had a good pre season and I''ve got a feeling he''ll make a difference this season to us.

If Farke can get Klose back to his best we could have two formidable CB''S in Zimmerman/Klose

He''ll have to improve one hell of a lot

8 million plus down the drain

Totally agree - Naismith looked in really good shape in pre season - I think our fitness will be a big factor this year - we were still full of running in last 15 mins Saturday when Fulham were starting to wilt