Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Ipswich, always good for a laugh

Town boss Mick McCarthy conceded that the Blues 6-1 thrashing by League One Charlton in their final pre-season game was “embarrassing”, “a shambles” and “completely disgraceful”, and admitted that if his side play as they did against the Addicks once the Championship season gets under way “we as a club are in trouble and I’m in trouble”.

To get hammered like that in your last preseason game is a very worrying sign (obviously not for us).

I looked at there side and there bench and that''s a very poor looking squad. Worse than they had last year.

Supposedly they were singing the "we''re f*@king sh!t" song at todays.

What a great way to go into a new season 😂😂😂.

But don''t forget Adeyemi chose them over us... 😉.

Feel a bit for Mick cause he''s a decent enough person and has a difficult job to build a team with very little help from his rich owner who is worth £750m.
[url]https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31953/mccarthy-embarrassing-a-shambles-completely-disgraceful[/url]

I have no sympathy. He knows perfectly well the paupers haven''t a pot to pee so why not get out ?Why hang around, blaming everyone but himself.If you turn up in a Robin Reliant for a Formula One race there is only one person to blame - the one who got behind the wheeel.

McCarthy said it was about getting his players up to speed, getting them acclimatised to playing in front of a crowd again.yep, at 2,297 that was certainly good practice for playing at Poorman Road next season

A deluded Scummer on TWTD was comparing that result to the 6-1 defeat suffered by Newcastle at Orient in a preseason and then went on to win The Championship.Crying with Laughter animated emoticon

The Newcastle side that day:

Krul Beye Enrique Nolan Coloccini S.Taylor Smith Barton Gutierrez Martins Duff

A side full of international players, many good enough to be in the top flight and where most of them thought they should be. Hence the loss.

Not a squad made up of cr@p free transfers and Loanees.

The best of it is- should they have a dodgy start, the Binner masses will hound MM out of the club (there were rumblings last season). The same MM that has worked miracles with the meagre resources he has had to work with. Nobody of note will go there (despite their ''glorious'' history) because nobody will work with an owner who has a consistent history of selling any marketable resources from underneath the manager. If Evans doesn''t change his MO by spending, they almost need a relegation and to start again by appointing an ambitious young manager to change their fortunes. But that ain''t going to happen twice in the same region inside a few years is it :-)

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]The best of it is- should they have a dodgy start, the Binner masses will hound MM out of the club (there were rumblings last season). The same MM that has worked miracles with the meagre resources he has had to work with. Nobody of note will go there (despite their ''glorious'' history) because nobody will work with an owner who has a consistent history of selling any marketable resources from underneath the manager. If Evans doesn''t change his MO by spending, they almost need a relegation and to start again by appointing an ambitious young manager to change their fortunes. But that ain''t going to happen twice in the same region inside a few years is it :-)[/quote]That I very much doubt. the one thing you can be certain about our rustic neighbours is ''they know their place''.I don''t doubt thungs might come to having a number of them breaking into a mumble. A few over excited young farmhands might scrawl something on a bedsheet  ''Mcarhtey owt'', but in the main, those who do turn up, will simply touch their forelocks and mutter (under their breath) ''master knows best#.This stems from this dimwitted view that no one could even think of turning over the ''mighty town'', It would be like sexually imolesting the Queen Mum (when she was alive that is). So they will watch the club melt away like slush in the sunlight, and respond by simply not turning up at poorman road.And when these slow witted farmhands sink down to L1 they will blame everyone but themselves, for sitting by and watching it happen.RIPswich

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]One man''s clapper is another''s crapper.[/quote]Depends whereabouts in the far East you learnt your English    

To be fair i think ours are more plastic crappers. Wannabe not renewers who doff their caps and renew on the quiet. At least the binner crappers go through with it 😉

Oh dear, just signed Martyn Waghorn from Rangers...http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15458098._I_will_always_be_a_Rangers_fan__says_Martyn_Waghorn_after_sealing_move_to_Ipswich/?ref=mrb&lp=4Apples

"lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)" Well, as it stands, Ipswich are ahead of us in the league.......Only 45 games left to save our season!!!!!!!!!

"Only 45 games left to save our season!!!!!!!!!"It''s too late TC, everybody knows the league is done and dusted by the Glorious Twelth.Apples

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Well, as it stands, Ipswich are ahead of us in the league.......[/quote]
I suppose that is also funny, as there''s only one direction for them now.

Surprised they got another striker as they already had 3 Garner, McGoldrick, Sears

Never heard of Waghorn, is he any good?

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Oh dear, just signed Martyn Waghorn from Rangers...http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15458098._I_will_always_be_a_Rangers_fan__says_Martyn_Waghorn_after_sealing_move_to_Ipswich/?ref=mrb&lp=4Apples[/quote]Didn''t he used to write the Norwich match reports in the Evening News? They must be desperate as he''s gotta be getting on a bit.

I think this could be their season.... for what I am not sureBut poorman road was buzzing on Saturday, with more than half the seats occupied, the atmosphere was up to a deafening (for them) mumble and a good few of their players were under 30Expect the sale of inflatable pitch forks to rise in suffolk over the next few months.

So Martyn Waghorn becomes their third summer signing joining Joe Garner and NCFC cast-off Tom Adeyemi. Wow! Damn them with their three signings!!! Why cant we be more like 1p5wich with their transfer activity ambition? Typical Norwich, just the 9 new signings and new coaching staff, #prudence

Hate to say it but Waghorn was a player I quite liked a few years ago - hopefully he has gone downhill whilst up in Scotland but have to say I was surprised he is still only 27.

Just made a visit to the Daily Norwich to investigate.

The binners are for the most part delighted by this signing although it seems that Rangers supporters are very happy to be rid of the player.

The fee reported was £1m, but this seems have been an angler''s tale and it has now dropped to £400, 000.

Whatever, this forum would to a man/woman be majorly disappointed if we had signed such a nearly man from Rangers.

We fork out more than that for promising youngsters from Swindon, Coventry and Dartford FC** etc.

League One signing if ever there was one.

**What''s happened to Ebou Adams btw?

Good old Wiki.

Ebou is at Shrewsbury on loan as from this month.

Decent news. He came with much promise and it''s good that he''s surviving at the club.

"Never heard of Waghorn, is he any good?"Was a Warburton signing for Rangers (from Wigan). Probably bottom half of League 1 quality (good effort, will always get a few but overall quality lacking). The Rangers fans aren''t particularly sorry to see him go.Apples

20 goals in 25 Scottish Championship games.

But only 7 goals in 32 Scottish Premiership games.

Probably tells you all you need to know about him.