Sign in to follow this  
Darth Canary1

Pub for villa

Indeed witton arms. Usually a couple of quid to get in. Normally packed with away fans and sometimes has a marquee at the back with big screen hanging. Don''t avoid as if not been before will be an experience. Enjoy.

If you like your pubs to have school tables and chairs and piss stained carpets the Witton arms is for you, also check your change at the bar as every single member of the Midlands scum bar staff will pocket what they can, also id rather take a dump in an alley than use their toilets, shathole.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]If you like your pubs to have school tables and chairs and piss stained carpets the Witton arms is for you, also check your change at the bar as every single member of the Midlands scum bar staff will pocket what they can, also id rather take a dump in an alley than use their toilets, shathole.[/quote]If anyone''s angling for a divorce this is the ideal place for that candlelit anniversary dinner......

The Barton Arms at Aston Cross is not far away.

Probably not suitable for the football supporter''s occasion but well worth a quick visit as a tourist attraction.

The outside of the pub is an architectural and historical masterpiece.

The inside is equally magnificent with a splendid decor which includes ornamental woodwork and tiling and a very splendid and traditional bar setting. There are even privacy cubicles that many pubs had when this one was first built well over one hundred years ago.

Most of the small corner pubs that served the factory workers who lived in terraced houses in the immediate vicinity of the ground have long since closed down, partly because of the fact that it now has a large Muslim community and also because a lot of the original inhabitants, many of whom were Irish, have moved out to more "affluent" areas like Erdington and Perry Barr.

Interesting area. I stayed in Fredericks Road for a bit. Ozzy Osbourne, the most famous ex-resident apart from me, was born and raised nearby.

Birmingham centre is not quite as short a hop as it is to St. Andrews from my memory but it is probably best for that pre-match booze up depending of course on your transport.

If you do go to the centre of Brum around Broad Street and the ICC, it''s currently a mass of roadworks and bollards, so give yourself enough time to get to the ground as well.

Having frequented the Witton Arms for several years I did ask the bevy of gorilla type bouncers tongue in cheek if I could have a season ticket but they were not amused.

Am I right in thinking it was increased to £2 last year?