Sign in to follow this  
Huh?!

Alex Tettey

Rumour coming out of Colney this morning;

Alex Tettey is in trouble. He sent a text message to what he thought was Alex Neil''s phone saying how unhappy he was with things at Norwich City. Turns out the club passed that phone on to Farke when he joined. Farke is unhappy receiving it.

I have been told by a friend who works at Colney who is very reliable with information. *Don''t shoot the messenger*.

I''ve heard this exact same story about 5 or 6 different players at different clubs over the past few years. It is one of those urban legend type stories than is almost certainly rubbish.

It is like player x had an affair with player y''s wife. Every club has at least 2 or 3 versions of that story and they are lies 99% of the time.

I''ve heard all the player affairs etc, but this is a first for me.

This is direct from a friend at Colney (and no, I''m not making that up). Unless he''s on a wind up or someone has told him as a wind up...

I''m not sure how likely it is they would give a new coach the same mobile phone number as the old one. Surely they wouldn''t want their new coach receiving messages from people who were associated with the old manager? It just wouldn''t make any sense to me.

As for Tettey, I can''t see us letting him leave. Reed is young and the season is long, with Dorrans and Mulumbu going it makes sense to keep some experience in the squad as a DM.

It could be true, but as I said I have heard the same story numerous times about different players.

Like any workplace, football clubs are full of internal rumours. Not everyone who works at Colney is going to know everything that is going on.

Michael Bailey was saying on Twitter the other day that Alex Neil had made an enquiry about taking Tettey to PNE, but they could match his wages - so I wouldn''t be surprised if that got some tongues wagging at Colney.

If we can get tettey off the wage bill late in this window I''d expect to see him leave. We have already replaced him with Tom Trybull. However I''m sure the hierarchy have sense and won''t sell Tettey until Trybull is up to match fitness (2-3 weeks).

As much as Tettey has been a good servant to us over the seasons, the new set up really doesn''t suit him best. More technically advanced and ''intelligent defensive midfielders are beat suited to this set up. I.e Reed and supposedly Trybull although I''ve never seen him play.

Trybull would be a backward step from Tettey.

Farke talked of the importance of Tettey in his system after one of the pre-season friendlies and he still has a role to play for Norwich this season. Due to a lack of options in central midfield last year he played more games than ideal considering his injury problems, a more managed approach towards him this year will mean he can contribute more in the games he does play.

As an older player on large wages I''m sure he would be one Norwich would consider offers for, but doubt they would be desperate to unload him.

Hahah. this is classic.

why would he even text AN? They are hardly going to be best mates, and AT is not going to be looking for a move to PNE.

bantz

[quote user="Michael Bates"]If we can get tettey off the wage bill late in this window I''d expect to see him leave. We have already replaced him with Tom Trybull. However I''m sure the hierarchy have sense and won''t sell Tettey until Trybull is up to match fitness (2-3 weeks).

As much as Tettey has been a good servant to us over the seasons, the new set up really doesn''t suit him best. More technically advanced and ''intelligent defensive midfielders are beat suited to this set up. I.e Reed and supposedly Trybull although I''ve never seen him play.[/quote]

That''s assuming Trybull is any good. I do not have high hopes for him or our latest acquisition from Bochum to be honest and to ditch Tettey on the basis that either of them can replace him would be a massive risk in my view. I would rather we keep Tetts, let his contract run down and he can move on a free in the summer.