Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Season 11 Week 1

And we''re back. Starting the season in the National League

Hartlepool v Dover - Home Win

For the match bet, a debut goal for Vrancic.

Good luck everyone, especially Cosmic Twin and Chip20.

Hi, all. Just to reassure you I haven''t forgotten to pick. I will read the thread more closely tonight and put forward my pick in the morning.

Hi everyone, glad to be back! This week I''ll go for Aberdeen to beat Hamilton. For the match bet the most optimistic I can be is a 1-1 draw so I''ll go for that. Good luck pups!

Good luck everyone and thank you Nigel.
Wolves to draw with Middlesbrough (2/1); and
Norwich to win 2-1 (11/1).

Well this came around quickly.  I only turned my back for five minutes.This is one of the hardest weekends in the calendar due to the fact there''s no form guide to go on at all for most of Europe.  However I think the National League North could bring some reward this season due to the number of well-supported ex-League clubs in there as well as the heavily-financed Salford City, so all those clubs should see off the also-rans most weeks.  For example, York City should beat AFC Telford in their opening fixture.The best I can say for our game is there will surely be over 2.5 goals.  Not sure how many for us at our least favourite away venue.Good luck to all PUPs.

Indeed, welcome back. I''ve managed to time it better on this occasion. It is a difficult first weekend to call.

I have a sneaky feeling Birmingham will be well prepared under Ol'' Harry and must be a cracking bet to win away 😉

And for us, I''m also going for a win ( can get decent odds up to 3.9 even on some sites but 3.6 on the big bookies). Don''t care much for records as the law of averages will always throw in the variations. I''ve seen and read enough in pre-season to know we have at least a very good fighting chance.

Good luck all.

Morning pups! Draw between Vojvodina and Backa Palanka. Both teams to score in the Norwich game.

Should I provide my selection now or wait until later in the day when others may have had a chance to make selections? When is the ''deadline'' please?

Ah! I''ve just seen from Nutty''s original pm that I have until this evening. I will ensure I post something then (although I think I know which of the suggestions above I agree with the most).

At last a little bit of sanity returns to the Pink un. Massive thanks go to Nutty for keeping this fantastic cause up and running.

Now to my pick on what is one of the biggest banana skin weekends of the season, I''m heading for Scotland for my pick this week and I''ll go with......

Queen of the South.....Home win.

Good luck to Cosmic this week and I wish you luck.

I''m going with Splutcho. After finishing last season as champions and a new extremely rich new owner who only took over yesterday, Pompey will be buoyant and should have far too much for Rochdale.Portsmouth v Rochdale.......Home win.For the City game I think a 1-1 draw is likely.

Thanks both to Nutty and Pupanon for all your hard work and generosity. And welcome aboard Indy bones, you''ll like it here.Good luck Cosmic and Chip. [Y] 

Good luck and fingers crossed for a very profitable season.

Luton home win for me

As for the city game who knows - as tough a fixture as we will have all season yet I have a little optimism.

Marley Watkins to score anytime for city.

It''s great to be back.  It has come round again so quickly and thankfully I have made the start of the season this year!For my first pick of the season I''m off to France where I cannot see anything other than a home win for PSG -

PSG vs Amiens - home win

For the match bet the first game is never easy and with a new setup it''s even more difficult to try and predict anything.  I do however think that Josh Murphy will embrace his opportunity and therefore on that basis -Josh Murphy to score anytime

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck Cosmic & Chip [:)][Y]

Sheriff Tiraspol vs Dinamo-Auto, home win @ 1.17 (bet365).
Last Season
Sheriff Home: W12-D0-L3 44/7
Dinamo Away: W2-D3-L10 17/34
Head 2 Head
Sheriff Home: W3-D1-L0 14/3
Overall record: W9-D3-L0 29/5
~~~~~~~~
I think Fulham will be too strong for Norwich, so I''d go for a Fulham win or draw with under 3.5 goals.
Good luck Cosmic and Chip, and all other pickers too.

Welcome back everyone!

I will start off with a Doncaster Home Win!

As for the city bet 1-1 with Oli to score.

Good luck all!

Snake

I''m an eternal optimist and fancy us to win. I know everything seems stacked against us at the moment but hoodoos have to be broken sometime and the winds of change that have swept through our fine club this summer have left me in positive spirits. Opening games aren''t always indicative of how the season is going to pan out so even if Fulham are ''fancied'' they may not necessarily get off the blocks very swiftly. I think all the NCFC players involved tomorrow will be desperate to impress the new coach and solidify their place in the team. I''m with AJ, I fancy us to win with Watkins scoring for us (I have a good feeling about that lad for the season ahead).

That is two outcomes (Norwich to win and Watkins to score). Is it best to put a fiver on each or a tenner on the two things combined? I''m not a betting man so have little idea how these things work. Can I leave that part to those who know?

I love this Chip! I reckon a straight fiver on both outcomes.
Norwich to win I think are 11/4 so a win would get us £18.75 whether Marley scored or not.
Watkins to score anytime is 3/1 that would get us £20 if he scored whatever the result.
And if Watkins scored and we won we''d get both bets in.
Shall we?

With this thread, it really feels like the football season has started properly now, so good luck for the season everyone!I''ll jump on the PSG home win against Amiens bandwagon and for the Norwich bet, a sneaky 2-1 win for us Nelson to score both goals. Good luck Cosmic and Chip!

Thanks Chip. I''ve gone for splitting between the two options. When Watkins scores in the first minute we''ll know we''ve got a good return regardless of what happens next[:)]

Norwich

to win

£5 Bet

11/4

£18.75

Watkins

to score anytime

£5 Bet

3/1

£20.00

Good luck buddy.

Good evening 💛💚

I''m going for Aston villa to beat Hull.

Norwich bet . I think we''ll get a clean sheet 😜

Good luck all

Sounds great to me, Nutty. Hoping we all have many things to cheer by this time tomorrow.

Thank you so much Eddie for bringing this thread, with a worthy cause at its heart, on into an 11th season-what dedication!

As others have said, it''s difficult in the early weeks of the season so I''m going to the Swedish Division 2, Vastra Gotaland. They have played 15 games so far and Dalstorps, who are top , are at home to Hoganas, who are bottom. The odds are 1/4.

Things look promising under Daniel Farke but Fulham will be up there this season so I think a draw will be a very good result.

Lycka till Cosmic Twin, Chip20 och alla PUPs!

Well I make that 28 different picks. Thank you so much lovely PUPs, you''ve given me lots to think about and investigate.

Here are the final 6 in no particular order!

Home win for PSG v. Amiens

Home win for Lokomotiv Moskva v. SKA Khabarovsk

Home win for Club Brugge v. Eupen

Home win for Bodo/Glimt v. Arendal

Home win for Dalstorps v. Hoganas

Home win for Rosenborg v. Kristiansund (my pick!)

A few of these leagues are already up and running as I do like a bit of current form to go on! We just need that bit of luck now too!

Good Luck to Chip20 with the Norwich bet.

Good Luck, PUPs!

And of course Good Luck to our team for tomorrow and throughout season. Come on you Yellows! 🐥 💛💚

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]Well I make that 28 different picks. Thank you so much lovely PUPs, you''ve given me lots to think about and investigate.

Here are the final 6 in no particular order!

Home win for PSG v. Amiens

Home win for Lokomotiv Moskva v. SKA Khabarovsk

Home win for Club Brugge v. Eupen

Home win for Bodo/Glimt v. Arendal

Home win for Dalstorps v. Hoganas

Home win for Rosenborg v. Kristiansund (my pick!)

A few of these leagues are already up and running as I do like a bit of current form to go on! We just need that bit of luck now too!

Good Luck to Chip20 with the Norwich bet.

Good Luck, PUPs!

And of course Good Luck to our team for tomorrow and throughout season. Come on you Yellows! 🐥 💛💚[/quote]
Fantastic Cosmic! I love these and I think you''ve picked a great strategy for the difficult week one gig. We always need a bit of luck to get all six but I think only cruel luck can stop you. I''ve placed them with Bill Hill and the potential return is £33.14. Here are the details : -

Dalstorps

-         

-

1/4

-         

-

13:00

Sat

PSG

-         

1/10

-

16:15

Sat

Rosenborg

-         

1/5

17:00

Sat

Lokomotiv Moskva

-

1/4

18:00

Sat

Bodo/Glimt

-

2/7

17:00

Sun

Club

Brugge

-

1/4

19:00

Sun

These along with the Norwich picks really do look good don''t they PUPs?
Good luck Cosmic, Chip and all you PUPs. Here''s hoping for a winning start for us and our beloved football team[:)]

Great to be back!

Apologies for the late pick as I''ve been away all week with little or no internet access

Preston v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - HOME WIN

and for the Norwich bet I''m going

Fulham 2 - 4 Norwich as we''re due a result there, "for sure"

Good luck all

Leedscanary

Anyone heard from or seen anything from Yankee lately, he never misses this thread. I''ve got his moby number and have tried texting him but no reply so am worried