Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

A big thank you to all City fans who

park at County Hall and help keep my Council Tax bill down by forking out an extortionate £8 a go.Wow, that is just unbelievable.

Wonder why its an extortionate £8!!

Whos got the lease?

My train tickets less than that so why drive and pay a ridiculous fee to sit in a traffic jam?

Does that ticket cover four people ? Does it take you to places that the train doesn''t go to ie Dereham Swaffham, Holt, Fakenham, Aylsham etc ?

[quote user="Making Plans"]park at County Hall and help keep my Council Tax bill down by forking out an extortionate £8 a go.Wow, that is just unbelievable.[/quote]How does it compare to the other car parks?

Afternoon games: Castle Mall is £3.70 (2-3hrs) or £5.00 (3-4 hrs). Chapelfield is £3.90 (2-3hrs) or £5.20 (3-4hrs).

Evening games: Castle Mall is £1.50 after 6pm. Chapelfield is £2.50 after 3pm.

The new-ish Rose Lane one is £5.10 up to 3hrs and 5.90 up to 4hrs or £2 after 6.30pm.

So, all of them are cheaper than County Hall!

[quote user="Woodman"]Afternoon games: Castle Mall is £3.70 (2-3hrs) or £5.00 (3-4 hrs). Chapelfield is £3.90 (2-3hrs) or £5.20 (3-4hrs).

Evening games: Castle Mall is £1.50 after 6pm. Chapelfield is £2.50 after 3pm.

The new-ish Rose Lane one is £5.10 up to 3hrs and 5.90 up to 4hrs or £2 after 6.30pm.

So, all of them are cheaper than County Hall![/quote]Thank you.It makes you wonder why people use County Hall, I did park there a couple of times but quickly decided it wasn''t worth the hassle.

[quote user="Making Plans"]park at County Hall and help keep my Council Tax bill down by forking out an extortionate £8 a go.Wow, that is just unbelievable.[/quote]Certainly is when with a little bit of planning free street parking is available.

I stopped using CH about 3 seasons ago now. £8 parking a game is insane, for £1 more I can get a bus that takes me from the bus stop which is a 15 min walk from my front door to Carrow Road. Use it as my group has a couple of olds not keen on long walks.

If I was to drive there is loads of parking available around the £5 max mark in Norwich itself.

The problem we have is coming in from the Lowestoft Way & parking anywhere other than County Hall is you have to wait for County Hall to clear to get back out of the city.

Coming in from Yarmouth gives you a lot more options to park - Cotswold Company on Riverside Road for an evening game is £5 and can get you on the Ring Road pretty quick

Norwich Lions car park is opposite County Hall and half the price, and goes to a good cause! Just don''t turn down the road and go the wrong way down the one way street like I did last year and got caught by a rozzer! That was £54 to park that day!

There''s at least 4/5 Lion''s charity car parks around the ground which are £4 but you need to be there by 1pm

[quote user="Diane"]There''s at least 4/5 Lion''s charity car parks around the ground which are £4 but you need to be there by 1pm[/quote]That is a big minus Diane but street parking is free for midweek games and Sundays.Paying to park midweek when the ground is only half full is madness.