Sign in to follow this  
Felixfan

iFollow failure

Anyone else try to use iFollow at Fulham. Paid the monthly sub. and looked forward to hearing Chris Goreham identifying all our new players for me only to find the much hyped new system did not work!

Can we get refunds?

In all other respects it was a great afternoon and felt like a win.

Not that I''d EVER consider circumventing the rules by using a VPN or anything to access the full match stream, but has anyone heard of any success stories of getting it working in the UK?

[quote user="Felixfan"]Anyone else try to use iFollow at Fulham. Paid the monthly sub. and looked forward to hearing Chris Goreham identifying all our new players for me only to find the much hyped new system did not work!

Can we get refunds?

In all other respects it was a great afternoon and felt like a win.[/quote]

"UK and overseas iFollow Norwich subscribers can listen to full commentary of tonight’s match against Swindon Town.

Although Carabao Cup matches are not streamed live to overseas subscribers, they are available as audio-only commentaries.

You can listen on desktop, mobile, tablet and our official app.

We have been reassured by our broadcast partners that the issues with

the app that meant Saturday’s match against Fulham wasn’t broadcast

have now been resolved. Again, we would like to apologise for the

inconvenience this will have caused. You just need to make sure you download or update to the latest version of the app."

See canaries.co.uk

Orly - Yes. Twitter was full of people saying VPN had worked. Won''t work tonight of course but I''m going to give it a try on Sunday.

I seem to be locked out of my iFollow account as it says I''m getting my password wrong, but I''ve only ever used a couple of passwords on the site and they aren''t working. The ''forgot password'' function isn''t working either so i''m stuck.

Anyone else having issues?

Or seeing that I can''t pay to listen, anyone know of a free link anywhere?

I think you mean subscriber failure. The Fulham game was clearly linked and listed as one of the games that would not be shown due to rights restrictions. It is very clear if you read.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Also locked out of audio account,[/quote]

There''s a contact number on the website. I called them and they reset my password so I can listen now.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I''m logged in to iFollow on my MacBook but can''t find any link to the audio stream! How do you access it from canaries.co.uk?
[/quote]

I went to ''match centre'' and then ''listen live''

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I''m logged in to iFollow on my MacBook but can''t find any link to the audio stream! How do you access it from canaries.co.uk?
[/quote]
Go to "Matches" >>> "Fixtures" >>> "Go to Match centre" (on the big green box).
There''s a link on the left that says "listen live" if you''re logged in.
Bit stupid really - not clear or inutuitive at all.

I expected it to be under ifollow drop down menu to be honest but always pays to have a little look round. On iPhone app just open app and touch listen live.

Yes terrible it did take few seconds to find first time

[quote user="T"]I expected it to be under ifollow drop down menu to be honest but always pays to have a little look round. On iPhone app just open app and touch listen live.[/quote]
I think everyone expected it to be under ifollow drop down, as that is the common sense, obvious place for it. Obviously the devs have other ideas lol

@kick it off

Thanks for the tip about where the link is. Hardly intuitive, as you say. But I''ve still had to switch from Safari to Chrome to get it to work; seems to be a problem with the Safari browser. Anybody got it working on Safari?

Not logical but minor layout problem. App good. Big plus to be able to get good stream. Overall impressed so far. Wish there was something similar for rugby and cricket.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Now, working, not a clear interface but finally got it, Am I thick or is it not user friendly[/quote]
Software Engineer here who spends his days working on UIs and it confused the hell out of me, so I''m not surprised it''s confusing people.
They just need a clear link on the match that takes you straight to the live audio/video, when you click the "iFollow" link on the match it takes you to an advert, not good.

having had to use google apps ifollow was a few moments to figure. Google apps still useless after few years. Apps so poor they have to pay us to use them.

It''s tough in the first world. The match can be found under shock horror matches.

[quote user="T"]It''s tough in the first world. The match can be found under shock horror matches.[/quote] There''s nothing obvious about looking under "Matches" as opposed to "iFollow" for a link to the live coverage. The iFollow drop down features links to Match Highlights and Latest Videos and Features (including extra content for iFollow subscribers, such as Extended Highlights). You can also access that content via the Matches drop down, but you have to look under Results to do so, as opposed to Fixtures for the live coverage. Interface design is supposed to provide an intuitive, easy to use experience, not a problem solving, treasure hunt-style challenge. There is absolutely no reason why there shouldn''t be a Live Coverage Now link on the iFollow drop down, which is where most of us subscribers would expect it.

I agree it is not immediately obvious and could be better but it takes a few seconds to find under matches. I also have to explore the options with any new software./app Bigger picture it is good and an improvement over previous, It just surprises me sometimes what people get excited about.

I agree to an extent about "the bigger picture", but the reality is that the EFL and club are only inching their way towards decent provision of online services. Dog-like gratitude for any crumbs allowed to fall from the table is not what this should be about. 

I guess it is whether your glass is 99% full or 1% empty. I can now watch decent streams of most games for my home club team at home or travelling around the world which was not available peviously and is not on offer for international cricket and rugby. That it took a few moments to figure out new software first time I used it is normal for any software and nothing given what was on offer until relatively recently.

The whole media world is undergoing a revolution as it works out who and how it makes money with rapdily changing technology and business models. The technology is there but the question is can they make money out of it.

I understand that all EPL games will be replayed in full.