Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Mick Dennis on MFW - Good Read

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Or could it be that TIL1010 is the common factor in these problematic situations and defunct supporters organisations?

[/quote]You must remind me TCC who it was that disbanded the SCG which had representatives from numerous supporters groups,who it was who assisted in the demise of FONCY and who put a stop to Open Days that surely was the best PR day the club held each year ?Please add that to your thoughts Diane and Duncan with regard to David Mcnally and his media guru and Diane you of all people know the difficulties in your short time on the NCISA Committee under the Chairmanship of Roy Blower ( Not me TCC [;)]) when the club withdrew the availability of players and Club staff for forums.

I wouldn''t dispute anything about the SCG, FONCY or the open days; I certainly wasn''t close enough to or involved with any of them where I''d be more privy to what happened than you.

However, you said (paraphrasing) that the NCFSC would have found it difficult to operate and be given short shrift during the McNally era; my recollection is that this wasn''t the case.

It''s worth remembering that a period of time had passed before NCFSC was born. When McNally came in there were plenty of people complaining that we were too "nice" to be successful and needed a more professional operation in order to reap success. McNally delivered both but the hard reality was that despite the "we don''t want to be nice" posturing, the consequences of us shedding that label didn''t sit comfortably either.

I guess what we all want is that happy medium where the club are successful on the pitch, businesslike off it but still a family "nice" club when we want something.

That''s a hell of a balancing act. Right now we have the feelgood factor (ugh, lazy cliche alert) with the revamped squad, the charismatic manager and a bullish confidence and ruthlessness in Webber. At the same time, Delia and Michael remain approachable, affable and popular.

It''s great.

Should we lose six on the spin, the Germans start playing like Askou and Whaley rather than Newsome and Fox and all of a sudden there will be a shift in the mood. Rumours of Coata Del Colney will surface, dressing room divisions, head coach and sporting director on different pages...Christ, Farke might even become a Delia appointment.

We''ve been there time and again. We''ll end up there at some point in the future. But Mick is right; while things are like this we should do our best to enjoy it. There are few better feelings than the whole city together, but it doesn''t last.

Treat it like a free bar at the wedding of someone you don''t really like. Enjoy it to the max.