Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Who would you like in the cup draw tonite ?

Who would you like in the cup draw tonite ? Personally would have liked Spurs away (Wembley) a nice night under the arch, but apparently we are seeded (not sure why?) so maybe 1p5wich at home would be fun and a safe passage to the next round ? who would you like and why ?

The seeding are related to last season''s league placings.

Only the lower half teams from the Premier League come into this round, whilst the top Championship teams are included with them in the seedings.

Hence why we could play the binners who just escaped relegation by the skin of their bank balance.

Newcastle at Carrow Road would be very interesting if nothing else.

A quick return for Jacob, a masterclass from Josh and a flea in the ear for Raphael.

Full house likely and a fair amount of drunken Geordies puking in the streets.

Binners at home would be epic. Only down side is it''d be a guaranteed live match on Sky, which means a few more quid to keep the paupers out of administration.

Selfishly a home tie would be good, so another match the Norwich (Ish) based fans can get to, and with a good gate, more £££ in the bank.

I''m mixed between a decent premier team for a good gate/ atmos and test of the team, and a lower placed opposition for better chance, In theory, of progression.

A cup run is good for so many reasons, so long as we avoid injuries

"Rafael"

Raphael has an exhibition at the Sainsbury''s Centre in September ...... or does he manage Florientina nowadays?

Oh! Of course Newcastle are seeded. We won''t be drawing them then.

This competition is very complicated.

What with the seeding system and this ABBA thingy you need an advanced degree in Mathematics to follow it.

Furthermore;

How many substitutes are allowed now?

Why can''t West ham play at home if drawn?

How come we could play at Wembley in the next round should we get there?

Will Oliveira be selected for the next tie?

Answers on an A4 please.

is it regionalised at this stage? or was that just the 1st round?

another one for Broadstairs'' Q&A...

Looked on the Caribou website to see how the draw works but nothing.

David Freezer has put this on twitter so guess we''ll get one of these

Broadstairs, I would guess that West Ham won''t have their stadium back by the time the second round is played. It''ll still be undergoing conversion from World Athletics Championship venue to football venue.

I don''t think they''re playing a home league game until well into September.

West ham''s first home match is 11/9 against Huddersfield. Their first three matches are away.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Carlisle away.[/quote]Yes Carlisle away for me as well. I say this every time

Has to be the binners at home,trouble is it''ll be a full house at full price, Still would be worth every penny.

Cant be Carlisle I''m afraid. I''d rather a northern away tie but the 2nd round is regionalised like the last round.

This means City will play one of the unseeded teams in the southern half of the draw, who are: Barnet, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Burton Albion, Charlton Athletic, Cheltenham Town, Ipswich Town, Millwall, MK Dons, QPR or Wolves.

That''s a bit crap. The southern non-seeds look at look harder than the Northern ones. Barnet,Birmingham City, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Burton Albion, Charlton Athletic, Cheltenham Town, Ipswich Town, Millwall, Milton Keynes Dons, Queens Park Rangers, Wolverhampton Wanderers,I''ll take now any home tie, hopefully against Barnet.

Plus if we get into the 3rd round we will likely be unseeded making it even harder. Its not a proper cup competition if they are seeding it left right and center

Accrington Stanley or Newport away as two of the 8 current 92 League grounds i have not seen City play on.

So we''re south number 7.

Non seeds Barnet 13, Brum 14, Bristol City 15, Bristol Rovers 16, Burton 17, Charlton 18, Cheltenham 19,

Ipswich 20, Millwall 21, MK Dons 22, QPR 23, Wolves 24

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Accrington Stanley or Newport away as two of the 8 current 92 League grounds i have not seen City play on.[/quote]

Have we played Barnet since they moved?