Sign in to follow this  
Eadies Left, Hucks Right, Iwans Heed, Holts Laugh!

Goalkeeper Situation - Jed Steer???

Gunn obviously no1 this season if not wouldn''t have got him, McGovern no2 i guess from appearances on bench. If Man City do rate Gunn and he goes back in summer or to another club maybe we could do worse than look at another home grown keeper - Jed Steer? Had a great game last night and always thought he was rated higher Rudd by club until Lambert nicked him!

5 games for villa in 5 years. Most appearances for Huddersfield on loan 15-16 but no move to make it permanent.

No sure he improved and would need more than one shop window cup appearance to encourage me tbh.

He''s just back from injury, but I understand he lives this way with his partner, Alice Piper, who until this week was the weather girl on Anglia TV. She has now moved into a sporting area (sky perhaps??) So maybe moving out of the area.

Also Ged has also been known to be seen in the away end supporting Norwich on their travels.

Greavsy - Bit off topic but is Alice Piper the daughter of Kevin Piper who is or used to be connected with Anglia TV
As for Angus Gunn, if we have a good  season maybe he might want to stay?

Yes, the very same. And her brother used to do motor racing and present late kick off.

I''ve asked this before. I''ve seen it mentioned that Jed''s dad was once on our books. I don''t remember him. Was he a keeper too?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''ve asked this before. I''ve seen it mentioned that Jed''s dad was once on our books. I don''t remember him. Was he a keeper too?[/quote]This is all I can find nutty from Flown from the Nest........"Jeremy Steer was selected for the England Schools Under 18 clash

with Wales in April 1981 whilst on Norwich''s books. A pupil of

Diss High School, he was a regular in the Norfolk County Schools

FA side.

After playing for Lowestoft and Gorleston, he currently runs

an estate agents in North Elmham after having run pubs / restaurants

in Norwich, His son is promising goalkeeper Jed Steer."

I understand that Kevin left Anglia, to set up his own media company. Not sure if he still runs it. Was near the station.

Cheers Lessingham, appreciate that.

Amazing the number of good keepers we have produced.

Makes you wonder how we ended up with McGovern on the books!

Really hopi Remi Matthews gets a chance soon, think he could be a good one, would rather him on the bench as back up than McGovern, we only brought him as he was a free and a mate of AN.

Used to see Kevin around CR when Jack was a wee lad.

As for Jed, he seems to have settled down a bit now and has a good career ahead of him.

Agreed, would be nice to have one of our own there.

Angus is pretty close though albeit temporary.

Can''t imagine Jed Steer would want Alice Piper near that randy lot from Colney

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I''ve asked this before. I''ve seen it mentioned that Jed''s dad was once on our books. I don''t remember him. Was he a keeper too?[/quote]This is all I can find nutty from Flown from the Nest........"Jeremy Steer was selected for the England Schools Under 18 clash

with Wales in April 1981 whilst on Norwich''s books. A pupil of

Diss High School, he was a regular in the Norfolk County Schools

FA side.

After playing for Lowestoft and Gorleston, he currently runs

an estate agents in North Elmham after having run pubs / restaurants

in Norwich, His son is promising goalkeeper Jed Steer."[/quote]

I played with Jeremy Steer at Diss Town. He was primarily a ball-playing centre back.

[quote user="Greavsy"]I understand that Kevin left Anglia, to set up his own media company. Not sure if he still runs it. Was near the station.[/quote]He still runs Kevin Piper Media Ltd Greavsy and it is based somewhere on Thorpe Business park.