Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Hope this does not become another lafferty ,becchio situation

Hope nelson,s antics don''t start off some sort of stance now with the manager ,it would be a real shame to lose him and yes he should have started the game .

Feel he still has to prove himself as a constant quality striker .

Yellowhammer wrote the following post at 2017-08-10 10:46 PM:

Hope nelson,s antics don''t start off some sort of stance now with the manager ,it would be a real shame to lose him and yes he should have started the game .

Feel he still has to prove himself as a constant quality striker .

Why should he have started the game?

I don''t mean to come over all "forum police" on this but isn''t there already a thread about the Oliveira/Farke situation with more conspiracy theories than for the JFK assassination and the moon landings combined?

The least Nelson could expect was to be dropped for the Swindon game. If they had plans to replace him they would have done so already. My guess is a big fine and a rollicking of nuclear proportions followed by training on his own if he continues to be a plonker after which point he becomes a January sale item. He is 100% going to be made an example of unless he winds his neck in/ grows up/ shows some respect to his colleagues. Farke has no other options unless he is willing to accept anarchy in his dressing room. No decent manager would. Hopefully Nelson isn''t a fool and takes what is coming to him like a big boy. It is a team game after all.

Bad time for me

Bad time for you

Bad time for Bonzo too

You know that Bonzo''s always dreaming

He''d like you to be dreaming too

[quote user="king canary"]The key difference being that Nelson isn''t shit at football.[/quote]

Neither was Bex chip till we broke him, he''d scored about 20 goal by the time we bought him in Jan hadn''t he?

Sounds like things may be better with NO and DF, after his comments at the press conference today. Apparently Nelson apologised and is in contention for Sunday.Good.

If the manager is happy then so be it. But statements like Nelson should have started last week are just silly.

Nothing silly about it he''s our best striker

Especially with the new way of playing cams strenghis work rate and pace especially running in behind, which won''t be needed as much unless we''re getting the ball forward quickly which we won''t

I''ll feel a lot happier once the window has closed and he''s still our player. Hopefully he''ll play on Sunday and prove himself with the winning goal or three...

It''s interesting reading Farke''s comments on NO from today. The transcript is now on the homepage. I have to say, I admire him hugely, the things he says and how he handles his business in general. It is such a refreshing attitude.It also appears to read as though Farke didn''t think Nelson was showing enough passion, or aptitude perhaps, in training sessions etc. He wants him to improve and maybe Nelson got a bit hot under the collar about that as he clearly thinks he''s the best striker at the club. While that may be true, that attitude doesn''t do anyone any favours. Least of all the player himself. He needs to work hard, show commitment and then he''ll get a start.Farke is all about having a strong group mentality, something that is key to the way Germans do football. Just look at Lambert and how he lifted the spirit of the group. No surprise, then, that he played for a good few years in Germany and would have learnt a lot from the way things are done over there.He worked out ok for us, didn''t he?

I think Oliviera was way OTT & disrespectful - especially to his job-share partner Cameron Jerome. The Head Coach needs to assert his authority & retain goodwill with the player - hopefully that''s already happened & he plays with a more appropriate focus on Sunday...