Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

NELSON OLIVEIRA

Benfica are a top club in their league and play in the champions league, we play in the championship.

Oli''s celebration was a little over the top, but I doubt it means he''s outa here.

Storm

Teacup.

Woodman wrote the following post at 2017-08-10 1:11 PM:

You can add MacDougall, Ashton, Iwan Roberts and a certain Grant Holt to that list!

Couldn''t agree more. Strengthens the point. Oliveira isn''t in the same class as those mentioned, and will never be. And did any of them do what he did? No, because they were club men with respect.

Also, the fact that Holt, Ashton and Roberts still live here, despite not being from this part of the world.

I like Oliveira, he''s a good striker, and it concerns me that if he left, we''d struggle to achieve the 15+ goals that he''s pretty much guaranteed to get this season - especially with 3 weeks left of the transfer window. I think Farke realises that, but can''t allow him to behave like he did.

If there''s a small chance he''s leaving They will already be lining up his replacement. You could possibly get a good striker from Bundesliga II for a few million quid, or we might push the boat out and go for a reserve of an actual bundesliga team

@Fenway

If we sold Oliveira at todays values we would be looking at somewhere between 12-15million.

Replacing him with a Bundesliga II striker, or reserve of an actual Bundesliga team, just wouldn''t cut it. You would be selling one of your best assets, guaranteed to score 15-20goals a season, if not more, with a complete unknown and banking about 10million.

We could pretty much give up on promotion if that happened in my opinion.

Sorry Fenway! I''ll get my coat...

However, it is a scary thought and something not beyond the realms of possibility, and would be an absolute disaster!

I''ve commented on every single one of NO''s Instagram photos with "Don''t worry NO, it''ll work out, please stay. teddy bear iPhone emoji"

I''m still waiting on a reply.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Woodman wrote the following post at 2017-08-10 1:11 PM:

You can add MacDougall, Ashton, Iwan Roberts and a certain Grant Holt to that list!

Couldn''t agree more. Strengthens the point. Oliveira isn''t in the same class as those mentioned, and will never be. And did any of them do what he did? No, because they were club men with respect.[/quote]How many of those ever got themselves sent off also ?  

Nelson has had 20 yellows and 3 red cards in 9 years of football. Doesn''t strike me as too much to worry about? 1 red per 3 seasons and just 2 yellow cards every season... equivalent of being suspended for just one game a season

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Nelson has had 20 yellows and 3 red cards in 9 years of football. Doesn''t strike me as too much to worry about? 1 red per 3 seasons and just 2 yellow cards every season... equivalent of being suspended for just one game a season[/quote]Did he not get a three match ban ? 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Michael Bates"]Nelson has had 20 yellows and 3 red cards in 9 years of football. Doesn''t strike me as too much to worry about? 1 red per 3 seasons and just 2 yellow cards every season... equivalent of being suspended for just one game a season[/quote]Did he not get a three match ban ?  [/quote]Yes, he did.http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/nelson-oliveira-opens-up-over-his-difficult-moment-at-rotherham-united-and-reiterates-his-norwich-city-focus-ahead-of-the-visit-from-his-former-club-nottingham-forest-1-4882681

Tbh I''m not sure his discipline in terms of cards is much of a problem, but I''ve never seen a player behave the way he did to his manager in a match.

[quote user="Ian"]Tbh I''m not sure his discipline in terms of cards is much of a problem, but I''ve never seen a player behave the way he did to his manager in a match.[/quote]I remember being very angry about this last season as it was key to us to have him available, and we lost him for three games, which cost us dearly.  With his red mist also at Fulham, I do worry as points again will be key to our season.  If he comes back and does this again I wouldn''t give him another chance.    

... and for those that say he should be starting games, remember he was sent off in the 18th minute at Rotherham, which left us with 72 minutes to play with only ten men, and effectively a four match ban. For me, that was a good argument not to start him in a key first game of the season at Fulham as I don''t trust this guy to stay on the pitch. 

I''ve heard he has been suspended till Thursday. So that puts an end to starting on Sunday. I can see him throwing the dolls out again, IMO get rid !

A good player. Plenty of flair. Plenty of passion. If that can be harnessed to inspire the team more, great. But, if in some small way he becomes a regular disruption / distraction to the team he has to go. Not worth sacrificing the sense of togetherness, particularly in a season where so few first team players have played together and need gelling. It''s not about how good he is or how motivated he may be, but whether he is the catalyst or saboteur of the team love-in.

If the players are saying ''Ooooh, bless Nelson, he''s bonkers, love him to death, but someone stop him from self-destructing'' then let''s have more. If, on the other hand, they''re all whispering ''Arrogant little Portuguese Plucker'' then, then probably au revoir if it carries on.

And that comes down partly to how he''s managed and partly what his actual personality is below the goal celebration. We''ve all got friends who, if they behaved that way, we''d be wetting our pants. But, others we''d be sharpening our knives...

Nothing to do with what they did or how they did it, but more based on who they are and how the group view them.

Anyone know what he''s like and whether he''s The Lovable Clown or The Arrogant Plick?

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Nelson has had 20 yellows and 3 red cards in 9 years of football. Doesn''t strike me as too much to worry about? 1 red per 3 seasons and just 2 yellow cards every season... equivalent of being suspended for just one game a season[/quote]According to Soccerbase he has only started 66 games in that time.So extrapolate that across a 46 games season that is something like 2 Reds and 15 yellows.....ignoring the suspensions.Not looking so good, maybe why after 9 years he only has 34 goals.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="City 2nd"]Woodman wrote the following post at 2017-08-10 1:11 PM:

Couldn''t agree more. Strengthens the point. Oliveira isn''t in the same class as those mentioned, and will never be. And did any of them do what he did? No, because they were club men with respect.[/quote]How many of those ever got themselves sent off also ?   [/quote]Grant Holt was sent off 3 times in his NCFC career.

If Oliveira goes then the Club have to pay decent money for a replacement otherwise it''s gonna be a long old season with just Jerome or Watkins as strikers

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="City 2nd"]Woodman wrote the following post at 2017-08-10 1:11 PM:

Couldn''t agree more. Strengthens the point. Oliveira isn''t in the same class as those mentioned, and will never be. And did any of them do what he did? No, because they were club men with respect.[/quote]How many of those ever got themselves sent off also ?   [/quote]Grant Holt was sent off 3 times in his NCFC career.

[/quote]Yes indeed, but being physical and fouling was part of his game so after one booking he could always be walking a tightrope but was quite professional in trying not to get the second booking as he had a good team ethic. I don''t remember a straight red though for violent conduct after a ''red mist'' in Grant''s case.  I remember he was the most fouling and fouled player one season. NO has played nothing like the number of games for us that Grant did and his attitude is totally all about himself. I hope the penny drops at last.    

[quote user="daly"]He was seen enjoying his birthday at Funky''s with all the other spoilt brats[/quote]

It was agreed that he could have the day off several weeks ago!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Alex wrote the following post at 2017-08-09 7:55 PM:

Nexus_Canary wrote:
 paul moy wrote:
My view is that he has been told that he will start the Sunderland game and that we don''t want to risk him tonight.

That''s technically what I meant yet some have to be pedantic

Well done to those such as Nexus that looked down their nose at my concerns over last nights omission of the best striker we''ve had at Carrow Rd in years. It really wasn''t rocket science.

Not looking so f***ing clever today, are you?

Really. The best striker we''ve had at Carrow Road in years? You quite obviously haven''t been watching City too long. He is nowhere near as good as several we have had, like Davies, Ashman, Bryceland, McDougall, Boyer, Curran and Ashton to name a few, yet alone Jerome! Funny how he hadn''t stayed at too many English Clubs either for too long, and was continually overlooked by his home club in Benfica. And there are reasons for that!![/quote]

Ron Ashman was, for the most part, a left back. Tommy Bryceland was a small inside forward (attacking midfielder).

I think too many people are overthinking this.

Where does he suddenly become disruptable, simply because , in this heat of a late, and valuable equaliser, he showed an incredibly passionate celebration.

NO is vital to our season, as is Jerome (hey perhaps play them together) and we''ve played one game. Hopefully, behind closed doors, and on the training pitch, he''s put a decent shift in, and gets game time.

Personally think he''s our main striker, and would be a disaster if we lost him, simply because we couldn''t afford anyone with his technical ability, but CJ and NO offer different attributes., and different games will suit their styles of play.

Fingers cross he starts against Sunderland, plays well and NCFC move forward

You don''t "move forward" with a prima donna; you are forever anticipating the next tantrum. But then maybe Nelson isn''t a prima donna and it isn''t opera, just a circus [:D]